Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

kittycat40, jahjah1223, WormwoodDoll, walking2lose, jerzeezfinest, mazza, buddly, mariamherrera - Thank you so much!!! You really know how to make a girl feel good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Julie, you look absolutely amazing. This is just wonderful. You have been such an inspiration--and after seeing these photos, you will definitely continue to be. High Five, Girl! WOOT! WOOT!
Right back at ya: High Five, and WOOT! WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB View Post
NO WAY! You rock! Look at the side view, check out the way your guns and quads are progressing. Beautiful!

ETA: Thanks so much for posting new photos (I was one of the people who pestered) - so inspirational. You've come a long way babes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Dang, girl, you look AWESOME! Those side guns are almost making me jealous!

it's amazing how you went from a chunky girl to having a perfect hour glass shape, too. rock on.
Awww, I'd blush, but we're talkin' muscles here. Blushing just doesn't go

I used to lift, many years (cough decade cough) ago. So far I'm only doing yoga (but you know, there's pushups and plenty of planks in there!). But I have resistance bands and NROLFW arriving in the mail any day now. I want to take some pics flexing, but I need to get my own camera. I can't bring myself to do that in front of my nephew and his camera
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #17  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
And because everyone asks ... here's a recent post explaining how I do it

I started in mid-April. I lost 39 pounds by September 1st. At that point, I became vegetarian, and I also stopped calorie counting. I've lost 18 more pounds since then. I'm losing about 3 pounds a month these days, but the clothing sizes are changing more rapidly.

Until August, my exercise was 1 1/2 hours of yoga every morning. Then in August I started the C25K program, which I finished in later October. So now I do yoga, and I run 3 miles M-W-F.

My food approach has been a whole foods type of thing from the beginning. Low sugar, almost only whole grains, lots and lots of veggies, plenty of fruit too. Lots of beans. I use things like olive oil, avocado, and nuts a lot. I don't drink cow milk, but I am still using cheese several times a week. I use the best full-fat, strong tasting cheese I can. I'm on a learning curve with tofu. I don't generally use fake meat products, although Tofurkey has an Italian sausage that adds a lot to dishes and has ingredients I feel pretty good about.

I don't do desserts or treats at home, except dark chocolate. I'm really loving how tame my sweet tooth has become, I would never have believed it. But if there's something really good when I'm with family, I will have some and I don't believe in feeling guilty about it.

The whole point is developing something I can live with for the rest of my life, and enjoy it. I've never been super strict, but also my choices are more motivated by health than calories - to me, that makes it easier to stay on track most of the time. It feels proactive instead of punitive.
Thats a diet that will def keep it off... Great job. I hope im heading in the same direction!
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 184+/143/135 (Preg High:227#)

Height: 5' 4.5"

You look *great*!!!
michelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #19  

Default pics...and your weight loss

Julie, you have given me hope, I have about 60 lbs. to lose and haven't been here for over a year.

Thanks for the information on your trip to a healthier body...

Kermit
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaValkyrie View Post
Thats a diet that will def keep it off... Great job. I hope im heading in the same direction!
Thank you You don't have to "hope," you can just do! It's a great feeling to get past the "hoping."

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle7 View Post
You look *great*!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit View Post
Julie, you have given me hope, I have about 60 lbs. to lose and haven't been here for over a year.

Thanks for the information on your trip to a healthier body...

Kermit
Kermit, that is so sweet. I'm so glad it helped.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #21  

Pardon me, but are "guns" another term for arms? I've never been the poetic type! ha ha

It's lovely seeing your hourglass figure emerge. Those back photos show it the best - what a reward for you!

I, too, like your moderation approach, and focusing on whole/real foods.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #22  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Lookin' good, Julie!!

And look at that figure! Wow!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #23  

Thank you so much, Hyacinth and junebug! On the one hand, things are going pretty slow right now. On the other hand, I'm realizing that I'm getting used to my new figure. I mean that it's not surprising me as much as it used to
Old 01-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #24  
300+ Chick

great job!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #25  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Thank you so much, Hyacinth and junebug! On the one hand, things are going pretty slow right now. On the other hand, I'm realizing that I'm getting used to my new figure. I mean that it's not surprising me as much as it used to
Not necessarily a bad thing! I was so determined to get to my goal that I paid no attention to letting my head catch up. Also, Glory had kind of a similar experience. She stopped at what she thought was her goal weight and when she tweaked her plan (increased calories) she lost I think 10 pounds.

Either way, you look amazing and healthy
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

You look great, good luck with the rest of your journey.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

WOO HOO JULIEJ! I can't believe the progress you have made, you look amazing! Way to go girl!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/163

Height: 5' 8"

You look great!
LadyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #29  
Meow

amazing =]
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #30  
300+ Chick

Thumbs up

Great job!! You look awesome and keep up the awesome work!! Thank you for sharing.

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote