I say its great to be a florida gator

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok..so i know there are a few of you out there that may not agree.. and there will always be controversy until the BCS decides to make a darn playoff scheme, but who the heck care..i'm glad my boys showed Oklahoma that the SEC is not just your average joe schmoe...and that Tebow isn't the # 4 quarter back like the smack talking said!!!!!

I LOVEEEE MY GATORS.
  • Tebow is awesome. He is very devout and he definitely walks the walk. The things he has done in his short life is amazing.

Some day I'll tell you a bedtime story about my visit to the Gator Growl.
  • LOL at cb...i think we all have stories from gator growl LOL..but you'll def have to tell me someday.

and yes...tebow is a great qb but also a great person. I was actually shocked he got a personal foul last night for taunting one of the players with the gator chomp..it was actually quite nice to see him not so straight and narrow LOL
  • GO GATORS!! What a great game!! Nice to see fellow Gators on line
    Maura
  • Yes the Gators Rock! Tebow is a great player and a great all around guy.
  • OH PLEEEZZZZ

We ALL know...if it ain't the TROJANS...

it's OVERRRRRRATED
  • lol at ezmoney..wait i thought a few months ago you were comparing yourself to tebow LOL. (:
  • I'm glad he decided to stay and complete his education.

Ready for your bedtime story?

When I was in high school, our band went to the Gator Growl each year. Spurrier won the Heismann in 66. The Snoopy cartoon series was doing the "Happiness Is" series. So, there were banners all over Gainesville that read "Happiness Is A Few Drops of Sweat From A Steve Spurrier Jersey". OK. Got this picture so far?

When I met my second husband (now deceased), he was the trainer for the 49ers. We were at a team party after a game and Steve and Jerri came over and introduced themselves. I looked at him and said I remember "Happiness Is A Few....". He was surprised! He said, "You were at the Gator Growl? How old are you?" I didn't tell him I was beginning high school then. He just went on thinking I was his age and looked very young!

I loved the Gator Growl. We worked so hard for that show. The bands were amazing.

Night Night.
  • If only Utah had had the chance to play Florida...........
  • cb...that's a great story...growl always is fun!

alinnell-yes i agree it would have been nice to see...i have been saying (like many) we really need a play off there's been many years, i haven't agreed with the bcs pics all the time. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.
  • I think the consensus with everyone is that the BCS really doesn't work. There was an interesting article on CNN sports about how they could make a play off work even with the bowl games. Kind of like basketball's Road to the Final Four.
  • So true. So very true.
  • I thought you were talking about actual live alligators... shows you how much I know about sports
  • lol....that's ok..not all of us are crazy insane sport freaks LOL