Why

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • is wine so high in calories?
  • Check out port wine...if you can stand it. I think it tastes like cough syrup, myself. I know of some sugar bustin buddies that choose port, though.
  • Actually, I've always preferred wine because I can get away with a couple of glasses for the price of a snack (200-250 calories). I've always found it pretty easy to work it in. Doesn't mean I haven't put away almost a whole bottle- now that is not diet friendly!

Margs/frozen drinks on the other hand....
  • Eww port! I'd rather not have anything if that was all that was on offer.

I'm just pretending the one glass I am currently sipping VERY slowly has none.
  • Hi ,
    I thought I would say Hello, as your name mom of 4 girls caught my eye!
    Yes , wine is pretty fattening and I always think it is only worth drinking when it is really good wine-then valuing its taste and (of course how much we've paid for it) it is sipped very.. slowly...
  • FYI: Wine= fat free food
  • I wish wine was zero calories, especially champagne and sparkling wines. But I like them all, red, white, and port too.
  • I'll add ... why does vodka have so many calories. Good grief. It *looks* like water ... right? So ... where are all the damn calories.

• Quote: I'll add ... why does vodka have so many calories. Good grief. It *looks* like water ... right? So ... where are all the damn calories.

I'd like to know this too???
  • why can't we consider tequila a veggie for the day...after all its made from the agave plant LMAO
  • mmmm....vodka....with olive juice, it's heaven in a martini glass.
  • Quote:
    mmmm....vodka....with olive juice, it's heaven in a martini glass.
    River, you're a girl after my own heart!

• Quote: why can't we consider tequila a veggie for the day...after all its made from the agave plant LMAO
    That's it! Wine for a fruit serving and tequila for a veggie serving
  • Julie, I like the way you think. Let's see .. my vodka was made from grapes, so that's another fruit serving.

Hm. This could get dangerous fast.

Breakfast: wine
    Lunch: tequila
    Dinner: bourbon (that's rye, right? so a grain)
    Dessert: vodka

There you go. Fruit, veggie, grain, fruit. Healthy. Perefectly ... hic ... healthy.

• lol at photochick...i like your menu there.