Christian Encouragers ~ JANUARY

You're on Page 6 of 18
Go to
  • Hey everyone.

Welcome to the newbies.

I dont have to much time at work today for personals but i have been reading and am praying for all of you.

Yesterday was a hard day for our family and friends. A very close friend of my moms was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the lymph nodes a week before Christmas. She was hospitalized immediatly. On thursday she went home to her mothers house and they sent hospice not expecting her to last a week. Yesterday she passed and it has been very tough for her family. She was always healthy and living with this cancer for who knows how long undetected. She recently was married about 1 1/2 years ago. Please pray that her family gets through this. She has 3 sons ages 16,12, and 7. Unfortunaly all of the boys have differnt fathers (she was always looking for the right man and she never married any of them because they werent the one) and i know that she wouldnt want her boys split up. We're not sure if her current husband is going to get custody or what is going to happen with the kids. Unfortuanly if the grandmother gets custody she will never let them see their step dad again. Thanks again everyone. Have a nice weekend.
  • That is terrible! I will be praying for those children. Nita
  • Bargoo-I just know your congregation will make the right choice. Prayers for God's hand on your medication.

O2B- Prayers on the test today. The best advice I heard here was letting God hold your hand. If my Momma holding mine used to work I could only imagine how comforting his would be.

Nita Ann- Prayers for your elderly friend. I hope he's ok.

Courtney- Lots of prayers for the family and what's best for those little boys.

Ronni62- I personally know what you're going through. My DH is also a NB and it's not easy. It even effects my 2 oldest boy's choices on going to church and youth events at times. I kept thinking I could change him until a friend at church told me she prays for her husband and hopes her commitment to church will be a witness to him but she had to hand it all over to the Lord. We live in a very small town so everybody knows everybody and their business so my DH is the same about the people at church. I beleive Christians are not perfect -just forgiven. He was not raised in or around a church family of any kind. So it was all new to him when we started dating. I thought it didn't matter back then. WOW what a slap in the face! When my boys start dating I will be praying for God to send them a christian girl with good values. Even now I try to always ask if a kids family belongs to a church before I let them go over to their house. I will continually pray for your DH and for peace in your home. Sorry I rambled on. I sometimes feel it's only my problem. Prayers for everyone today. Have a good weekend!
    Crissy
  • Good Morning Everyone!

I survived the blood test this morning. I was poked twice, but they eventually got 3 tubes. I did not feel light headed or sick. Your prayers truly helped me.

Ronni - I am praying for your husband that he will see Jesus and not see people. We all make mistakes, but like someone already said we're forgiven. I'm also praying that God will give you wisdome in what He would have you to do.

CandyKisses - Our prayers go out to your friends family in their time of loss. I will especially keep the children in our prayers. We do foster care and I see the affect that has on children. We'll pray that God's will be done.

I won't be going anywhere today. It has been snowing here since 5:00 a.m. and is still snowing. We're suppose to get up to 8 inches. I'm ready for a day in all day.

I thank the Lord that I found this website and especially this post. Just talking with others who are doing the same as you are and going through the same frustrations in the "life change" process helps to keep me on track. Thanks to all of your for being my friend!

God bless each one of you! Keep close to Jesus.

Kathy
  • Bev - I bet your sermon was a blessing to those at the shelter!

Courtney - prayers ascending for the boys and the whole family!

Crissy - of course you are correct - Christians aren't "better" people, we are FORGIVEN people. God's grace makes such a difference.

Kathy - stay warm! I use the snowy/stormy days to get caught up around the house. And you are right, this thread has been a Godsend to me too! The folk here have helped me through some rough times. Knowing that there are faithful prayer warriors here is such a blessing for me!

Quiet day at home for me today. DH is working, DS2 is playing Guitar Hero, so I probably won't be able to do my Wii Fit workout any time soon. I guess I have procrastinated about cleaning long enough. Time to get some WORK done!

Hope you have a blessed day!
    Prayers continuing!

Laurie
  • Hi, Everyone and Thanks for the prayers. I'm thinking it's already working some as DH has been less intense yesterday and today and has even asked my opinion instead of demanding his way on a couple issues. The DS's have a friend over (one from where we used to live so they don't get to visit very often) and there is a Nerf dart war going on in the living room right now

Courtney-prayers for your family and the boys. What a difficult time for everyone.

Kathy-glad you made it through the tests ok! Hope you enjoy the snow. I'm really getting tired of ours, but it's been here since the end of November and doesn't look like we'll be getting our "January thaw"

Crissy-I'll be praying for your DH too. It does help knowing we're not alone in this.

Nita Ann-praying for your friend.

Bev-thanks for the verses!

Not much else going on here-much toooooo cooooooold & I guess it's gonna get worse by Tuesday with lows in the negative teens DH gets his stitches out of his face (from the possible skin cancer spots) on Tuesday and I see my neurologist on Wed to find out results of all the tests, so it'll be another run-around week. Oh, well, just have to get used to it, for now.

Hope you all have a great weekend and blessed Sunday. Oh, almost forgot-we finally get to hear our church's Christmas cantata tomorrow! We got iced out on the 2 weekends around Christmas, so they're doing it now. That should cheer everyone up! Talk to you later!
  • HI EVERYONE ~ we have colder temps here too, but did have some lovely sunshine for most of the day as well. We spent the morning doing housechores; the afternoon putting away our outdoor Christmas decos. That made the day go by quickly; then I put my legs up for a rest.

LAURIE ~ thanks for your prayers for my legs; so needed and so appreciated, you have no idea. Just knowing that you all are praying for my right shin and my leg(s) helps me not to worry so much. I am hoping and trusting that the Lord will heal them very soon. Our tomatoes start to taste a bit flat in the wintertime, I think; not as pungent as the summer ones, and the prices go way up too.

RONNI ~ prayers going up for you and your DH: GOD can soften people's hearts with his love and grace. Sometimes, it can be a delicate balancing act; and we may have to gently take the reigns of spiritual matters in our home for our children's sake, esp when they are young. So glad to hear that things are improving somewhat already; and we pray that you get positive results on those tests too.

CRISSY ~ prayers going up for you and your DH too; there are many women who find themselves with spouses who are NB, and/or who have different views. We must always remember that you can have a believing husband, but that doesn't mean that you are going to agree about everything: you just have a different challenge, that's all.

My DH believes, but he is a Catholic and I am a Protestant; and we have different doctrinal beliefs and traditions. So, I choose to focus on our similarities rather than our differences, and this makes for peace. We go to his church most of time, but now and then, we visit one for me, just for nostalgia's sake (it's a nice compromise; and he's very good about this).

COURTNEY ~ Prayers going up for that family and esp for the children: that things will work out for their best interest. I love your new avatar; we can really see the difference in your face. on hitting Onederland, Sweetie!!!

BEV ~ your work is so important and needed in this world; may the Lord bless you richly in your new counselling course too.

NITA ANN ~ prayers for your gentleman neighbour friend. I agree with LAURIE about the PC; esp with older ones, they can freeze up (often the mouse freezes it). Just save your work often. WHEN IN DOUBT ~ REBOOT! When it freezes up, just reboot your PC (turn the PC off; wait one minute, then turn it on again), and your PC will work again. As you type a paragraph, save the file on your hard-drive, and what has been saved will be there when you come back on, most of the time; also use the disc backups as another safety measure DAILY or sooner, if this happens often.

KATHY ~ We're so glad that you had such good success with the blood work; I also have small veins, and we have such talented nurses here who get it most times with no problems.

Just having a relaxing Saturday night at home; and lovin' it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend; and GOD BLESS, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ ascending for you and yours ...
  • I am so sorry, there is so many of you that I cannot keep with who is who yet but I want to thank you for your prayers for my friend, he is better and that I am praying for each one of you, every night. with my Christian Love Nita
  • I can't keep up today...it's too busy!

Prayers are going up for the family and those boys! God already knew this would happen and He has a plan. Just gotta put their focus on Him and seek His plan. The family is probably too distraught to think about that now, but we can all seek Him and pray that they hear from Him.

Kathy - I see you took my little bookworm as your avatar! i love that little guy!!!! he is so cute! good choice! glad to hear the veins worked out!

Nita Ann - glad to hear your friend is doing well.

crissy and ronni - there is so much good advice here! i especially liked the one that even if your husband is a believer...doesn't always stop the other issues. focus on the good that God has placed inside him and don't get so focused on this one thing. just keep praying and give God the focus on everything!

It's pouring rain here. I think it's about 61 and is suppose to get down to 47 or so...i have to bring in our doggies (roomie and mine), but i dread getting the muddy guys in thru the house. yuk. i had my sun roof open all day and that was nice. it was around 67 today with sunny skies.

the time at the shelter was good! actually, it was the best we've ever had! THANKS for all the prayers!!!! we had a full room, led everyone in declarations for a new season, forgiveness and submission to Christ. way awesome! ya'll (yeah - we really say that and write that in the South! ) are so sweet with the words about the ministry and me. It's all HIM! I just do what He tells me to do.
    Oh and Laurie - The words i spoke were a blessing to ME at the shelter! Sometimes, I think I get as much if not more out of it! God amazes me!!!

Rosebud - thank you for your kind words. you are a true flower!

I suppose I have rambled enough. I wish we had some of that snow here. i'm jealous! but, i love being warm!!! the rain will give me a nice lullaby tonight. it seems to have slacked...i may go get the dogs in now...

I love you all...i love ya'll!

bev aka rayne
  • Hi everyone! I am dealing with alot of sad issues right now. In July I lost my dad. He was 88 yrs old. I handled that okay, but then in November I lost my 20 month old grandson to Tay-Sachs disease. We knew that this disease would take him, but I guess that I wasn't as prepared as I thought. He was the light of my life and I miss him every day. His name was Isaiah and he was born on 3-16. I welcome any and all encouragement! God bless us all!
  • I am so sorry for your loss. This is a difficult time for you, but God still loves you and will bring you comfort.
  • Isaiah, I've never walked in your shoes and pray I never have too. I don't know if there are any words that could ever comfort you, bless your heart. I will pray for you though.

Rayne please pray that God sends that rain[ or if anyone has some snow] to me here in Texas ,need it soooooo....BAD. We are like a dried out bone, deer& other wild animals are having to come to houses for water, its bad and hope and I pray our wells don't go dry like other wells around here. Nita
  • Ronni - LOL, we got Christmas music from our bell choir today too. Same problem, nasty weather the last two Sundays! Prayers continuing for your family as you head into the week!

Rosebud - I like your signature line - so much wisdom there. I'm praying for your weight loss efforts as well. I know from experience that as I lose weight, my body is better able to deal with the other health issues.

Nita - Don't EVER feel that you have to post a personal message to everyone. AND, something that took me a while to understand - it is perfectly OK to answer one or two, and not everyone. No one here takes it personally. All of us have time constraints at one time or another that keep our posts short. We love having you here and a short post is as good as a long one.

Bev - trust me - I would gladly send you our snow if I could! Please send some of that warmth up here - it is supposed to be below 0 much of the week (was -5 when we left for church this morning)

Isaiahshope - I don't think I've had a chance to greet you yet We are so glad you found us over here on the Christian Encourager's thread. Prayers ascending for you and your family. May God surround you with his grace and loving arms. May you feel peace as you deal with your losses.

Bargoo You just bring joy to my heart as I see you continuing to minister to everyone here. I pray that it helps you as you deal with your cancer.

A quiet Sunday here. Church was great this morning, and it was nice to be in fellowship with several folk we hadn't seen for a while (weather constraints). I picked up some Christmas supplies (now at 90% off) after church - nothing like starting my shopping early

DS2 is playing Guitar Hero, so I have my hearing aids turned OFF

Gotta fly - time to call my mom and get some cooking done for the week. Of course fresh warm bread tempts me to go off plan. Gotta be be strong!

Prayers continuing for all!
    Blessings,

Laurie
  • Isaiahshope - my prayers are with you and know that God is in control. He is still working out His mighty plan...IN the midst!

Nita Ann - Father, I thank you for the RAIN pouring down over texas right now. Lord, I ask that you quench that dry land, physically as well as emotionally and spiritually. I thank You that You are more than enough, that their well NEVER runs dry and that the animals are taken care of. In Jesus' mighty name. AMEN!

I have a prayer request: My spiritual dad is going thru so much right now and called me to ask for prayer this am. his mom died before christmas and his wife's sister died last night. someone has broken into his mother's home and stolen her furniture. he has asked that other prayer warrior be praying as well.
    thank you

may you all be blessed by His love and faithfulness today. Read Psalm 20 and 149

bev aka rayne
  • Isaiahshope-welcome and know that you and your family are in my prayers. We're all here to give support and pray for each other, so come as often as you like and let us know how you are doing. It's often hard for us to know why certain things happen, but having the support of others helps us to accept even though we grieve and don't understand the reason.

Bev-prayers also for your spiritual dad. It's always harder when the losses pile up, but unbelievable when some of the losses are due to meanness of other people. Do they have any clues on who broke into the home? Prayers for you and his family.

Laurie-we had a wonderful cantata today! Brought tears to my eyes a couple times (but I guess that's not really unusual for me as my sons learned a long time ago when to check mom's eyes during tv shows, movies, and church services) I'd love to hear a bell choir sometime again. It's been many years since I was in a church that had one and it was so beautiful.

Nita Ann-praying for rain for you. If you have a truck that you can waterproof, you are welcome to come here and load up all the snow you want-we can no longer see down the road to back out of the driveway! Really, I'd send it to you if I could. But, for now, I'll keep on praying.

Bargoo and Rosebud-prayers for you always.

Hope everyone else is having a nice day. We're preparing for a blizzard tomorrow and it's starting to look gloomy, but the birds in the bush outside the window are carrying on like it's spring-they squawk alllllll the time!

Talk to you all later!