Veggie Challenge!

You're on Page 22 of 27
Go to
  • Hey girls,
    I'm down 1.5 lbs. to 213.5. Decent, considering I haven't exercised much.

Haleygirl-you could try making roasted chickpeas. Lots of fiber and protein, so they're filling. Just google "roasted chickpeas" and a bunch of recipes come up. I think Jillnicole has a recipe on her blog as well.
  • No change for me I'm still between 118.4-118.6, I think maybe I'm weighing myself too much lately. I'm happy I didn't gain, haven't been good with the exercise this week. I am concerned because I've been strong, doing 6 days a week for 6 months and this week I missed 3 days. Oh well next week I'll do better.
  • Hey girls...
    Im at 210 this week. Im happy about this since this week I have also renewed my love of baking. Also this week I have a horrible pain in my back...cause mostly I think by the 22lb little guy that I am constantly picking up....But, this is deffinately impeding on my desire to work out. Ive gone 3 times this week, but the intensity is lacking for sure.
  • I'm down to 246 this morning.

That sorta bums me out because earlier in the week I was down to 245.2 pounds. But I know why my weight bounced back up and I am taking steps to get back in the groove. Tomorrow I have a baby shower from 1-4. I have to leave my house at 11 in order to drop the kids off at Grandma's. I am going to have to eat an early lunch just in case there isn't anything appropriate at the shower other than the cake I baked. That is NOT on plan and with any luck I will be able to resist eating any of it at all.
  • Friday's Weigh-in:

JackieRn: 122-118.5

Darby1: 219.5-213.5

SkinnyTeen: 155-149

ErinMagill: 218-210

Quillie: 240-219

FatChickBGone: 212-208

HaleyGirl82: 281-285.5

SummerKate: 151.5-147

Zinkemomx2: 257.5-246

JillNicole03: 180-165.5

Kierr: 203-200

JulieJ08: 143-138

Jasmine987: 272-

Shananigans: 182-

Tigger175: 110.8-

Sheila53: 169.2-

MxGirl737: 210-

Chickpea3241: 143-

CookieQueen: 177-

DancerMom1023: 235-

If you forgot to weigh in, then weigh in by Friday morning, and I can add it to this post
  • I'm going to go with my pre-TOM weight of 138
  • I weighed in today. I'm at 200 on the nose! If I start the scale at 200 it drops if I slide it over at all and if I start at 150 it is all the way over on the 50 pound mark. So if I lose 1/2 a pound I can say I am officially in onederland. Yay! My goal for 2009 is to get down to 150 by Christmas, and stay there. I am cutting sugar way back and committing to exercise more. I have a personal cholesterol goal of getting it below 150 as well. It is 194 on multiple meds and a strict diet now. I am hoping the weight loss, extra exercise and upping one of my meds will lower it farther. Diet is McDougall/ Esselstyn (vegan no oil). That is my update! sending out happy thoughts!
  • Hey girls, I've been on track the last couple of days. I'll really try and recognize when I'm about to lose control and hold on because I can feel the difference, in me, when I'm on and not it's really weird and I've noticed that before so now that I know I'm going to use it to my advantage.
    I went to the movies yesterday with Kate (saw Coraline, it was really good!) and I snuck in a bottle of water and dry roasted edamame in a baggie so I wouldn't be tempted by their candy and snacks!
  • hey kierr
    you're so close 2 onederland!!
  • Hiii girls

I've been missing all of you!! I just haven't gone on the computer that much lately and I haven't been that great eating wise did much better this last couple of days. I don't know what is up with me?? I can't stay focused. Oh well tommorow is a new day and another thing I was up a couple from my nice 143 its more like 146 Happy tommorow is Monday

You all are doing Fabulous Keep it up!!!

I'm gonna check in more this week
  • Hey everyone,
    I met Jillnicole this weekend! We went to lunch at a wonderful vegetarian restaurant in Denver. I had a great time and I have to say Jillnicole is as sweet in person as she is on this board. She's even inspired me to try McDougall one more time. I have two weeks of my regular groceries in the house, so I'm going to try to finish those up and then buy McDougall food again.

I don't know any other vegans in real life, so it was nice talking about it to a real person!

Have a great Monday, everyone!
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks Darby I agree, I had a great time with you!! I'm glad I didn't let my nerves talk me about of meeting you. Too bad I don't live here, I'd have to bug you all the time!
  • Well I finally weighed myself today and I am at 270 even. I am just still on this plateau.
  • kick it in the bum Jasmine!

maybe try adding more veggies to your day in place of somethign else?
  • Hello ladies, you're all being a bit quiet for the start of this week

My new favorite food:

Oriental Green Beans-
    Frozen Green Beans
    Soy Sauce
    Favorite Oriental Sauce (teriyaki, sweet chile, hosein garlic sauce, etc)
    Red Pepper Flakes (if you like spicy)

You get a non-stick frying pan, put in frozen green beans & tsp of water & red pepper flakes (as much as u prefer), fry for a little bit (until all green beans no longer look frozen) adding soy sauce along the way (I add about 2 tbsp), then a minute before you take them out put in your sauces. (I use teriyaki & a little sweet chile sauce)

Then serve. Really yummy.