Raw/Living food menu/accountability/planning

• As there is very few threads on raw food I thought I would start one. I strive for eating about 90-95% raw food with the rest being clean eating.

Today was not a typical day for me because I had my parents over for a bit of a Christmas celebration.

1 potato
    Curly kale
    4 pieces of salmon
    3 small pieces of herring
    5 homemade meatballs
    1/2 egg

Iceberg lettuce
    Green peas
    Cherry tomatoes

2 dates
    5 pieces of dried ananas

1 cup wild berries thé
    1 cup peppermint thé
    ___
    Greens: 5
    Fruit: 2

Enough water? yes, yes
  • Celebrated Christmas so not a normal day

Tomato soup with cayenne, himalaya salt, black pepper

5 meatballs
    3 pieces of herring
    1 small sausage
    1 small potato
    5 small polish pierogis with spinach and mushrooms
    A handfull of walnuts
    6 pieces of Valrhona 70% chocolate
    1 piece of salmon
    1 date

1 portion whole wheat pasta with pesto

1 bottle of mineral water
    6 (!) cups of peppermint thé

Greens: 4
    Fruits: 1

Enough water? Yes

Tomorrow I can go back to eating raw. I can't wait! My stomach misses the veggies and fruits!
  • 1 cup of peppermint thé

2 dates

1 portion whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce (pureed tomatoes with spices and some flax seed oil) Not raw but I got this big bag of organic whole wheat pasta and I need some fiber I think...

Sallad of lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, 2 avocados (had to eat them today), tomatoes, green peas and dressing with flax seed oil.

Prune juice - yeah...

Fruits: 2

My gym will open tomorrow - wee! And I should go food shopping!
  • Fennel thé

1 portion of whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce

Mung bean sprouts, cucumber, carrot, red bell pepper

7 dates

Peanutbutter

Flax seeds

Fruits: 1

Enough water: Yes!

I've not been eating a lot of fruit but that will change tomorrow! I'm thinking of tracking superfoods because I need to make an effort to get those in.
  • 1 cup peppermint thé

Whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce

Alfalfa sprouts, red onion, cherry tomatoes, sun flower seeds. Italian dressing made with flax seed oil

8 dates and peanutbutter

1 pear

Greens: 3
    Fruits: 2

High in fat, at least it's good fat
  • Whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce

Sallad made with green peas, alfalfa sprouts, broccoli and a ton of wakame (I read on Wikipedia that studies show the fucoxanthin in the the wakame help to burn fatty tissue, especially around the internal organs. Not a favorite of mine but I can eat it now and then). An Italian ressing made with flax seed oil

2 pears

2 dried ananas pieces

A handfull of home made apple chips with cinnamon

Fruits: 3
  • I would love to join! I am going to be buying a vita mix blender, juicer and a deyhdrator so I should be all set. I have toyed with the idea of raw food for a few years and I think I am ready to make the leap. I am going to ease into it with a beginning goal of 50% raw with a goal of getting to 100%.

This is what I have eaten so far today:

Breakfast-

Large Green Drink (flax seed, water, raw honey, bananas, spinach)

Snack-

2 apples, carrots

Lunch-

Lean Cuisine Meal
    Orange
  • Anyone still trying for mostly raw? I've been going for a week and a half now and find that it's getting a little hard. I ended up eating 4 little onion rings tonight and hate that I did that. I'm totally wanting some junk food! I'm wondering if I let myself have something "junky" maybe once a month, if it will help or if it will do more damage.

With my daily eating, my hardest thing is salad dressing. I love big salads for dinner but I don't like any raw dressings I've tried. So I've been sticking with a store bought dressing that is low cal and fat. I think it's the only thing that's helping me to get more greens in so hopefully it doesn't hurt my weightloss much.
  • A typical day for me includes

glutenfree oatmeal with dried fruits and nuts

a protein shake

one or two large green smoothies (1 cup water, one banana, 2-3 cups other sweet fruit, fill up the blender with spinach and/or chards or kale)

a big salad with mixed greens, half an avocado, 1-2 tomatos, some cucumber, olives, mushrooms, sprouts, 2 tbs dressing and sometimes a small can tuna

some type of dinner if still hungry - usually something fancier and often cooked - vegan glutenfree lasagne, V GF creamy mushroom pasta, rice/quinoa with steamed veggies, some fancy raw dish from a recipe book. But not every night. Depends on how I feel