Daily Check-In: Support for all chickies

You're on Page 11 of 44
Go to
  • Hi all, just a quick check in to say hello. It's getting late and DH and I traveled near 600 miles today. The best part was lunch with Penny and her DH. We had a great visit. BTW, she'd gotten her hair styled shorter and I didn't recognize her at first. Anyway, it was really wonderful. You all in Pennsylvania should try to meet up some time. It's really nice.

Well, I missed the 1900 cals yesterday and had 1640 - then today I had about 1750. Add the two days of over 1500 cals and they equal one day at 1900. Man, I do like numbers. I'd actually thought I'd made it in the cal range today but realized that Id stopped for a skinny decaf mocha at Starbucks and had to add 300 cals to the count. Oh well, it sure was good.
    Marie
  • Happy Tuesday! Well, I'd be happier if I didn't have to go to work today, but that's not working out. I was wishing for snow all weekend, and lo and behold, it snowed like crazy yesterday afternoon. I'd say we got about 5-6" that they weren't even calling for, but it ended in time to get the roads plowed last night. Bummer. I guess I'll try to watch the inauguration stuff on the computer at work, if I can get away with it.

I am not doing very well at all with my walking schedule, but I am on track food-wise, so that's something, anyway. And I did get some shoveling in last night - woo hoo! I had chili yesterday for the first time in years, and was surprised at how good it was! And a little goes a long way with those heavy beans. Today I finally get my spaghetti that I meant to take out of the freezer last week .

Mariana, boot camp, huh?! Go get 'em, girl!

Kathy, isn't it funny how the 20s really do feel warmer after such a deep freeze? I didn't even wear my longjohns over the weekend! I hope your doggie's happier today, now that the big bad grooming episode is over.

Marie, glad you had a good trip! And spreading your extra calories over a couple days is probably a good way to do that, anyway. It just may make a difference with Mr Scale - shaking things up a bit.

Oops, I have to thaw the car and get on the road. I seem to have trouble getting off the computer in time in the morning these days...

Have a great day, all!

• It was great getting together for lunch with Marie and her DH yesterday. We had a good long chat. I hope we can get together again the next time they are up in our neck of the woods (or if we're down in the K-Falls area).

Judy - I hope you're having fun with all the festivities in DC.

Auntie G - I hope you enjoy your long-awaited spaghetti .

Marie - It was so good to see you both again. I hope you've recovered from the long road trip. You're doing great staying within your calorie range, even when you're away from home.

Mariana - Boot camp sounds very strenuous! I hope you had a good time.

Kathy - Your poor puppy . I hope he wasn't too traumatized. It must have been really cold there lately if the 20s feel like a heat wave !

It looks like the cold winds have died down a bit, so I'm hoping to get some much needed yard cleanup done. A few bulbs are poking through, so spring can't be too far away.

Have a good Tuesday!
  • Hello my old friends and new ones as well. I am so sorry that somehow my site wouldn't let me on and once again had to redo my whole thing. Wow what a pain and I have missed so much and was very frustrated. But lets forget all of that.
    The kids came from HI it was all so wonderful and we miss them so much. My little grandson was super great and so smart already. He would eat my cookies get into the cupboards for snacks etc. all at the age of 13 months crazy huh? Well they left on the 5th so sad but we are trying to plan a visit in July. So talking of July I am working on making that my goal month to lose some wt. before then etc..
    Recently read most of the book Sonoma Diet. Sounds not so bad doable and its kind of what people are stressing for us to do and this will give me a little sense of direction. First 10 days are tricky no fruit or dairy to really speak of. I am going to try to ck it on here for some extra recipes and ideas. I shopped for the groceries for wave one today lets see how it goes. All a new way of thinking and maybe its just what I need to boost myself up. I started working out again on sunday and got a little sore so think it was a good workout. I am going again on wed. and friday to fit in my 3 days walked a bit took some stairs today etc.
    I read some of the notes and will just jump in there is way to much to catch up on. So good luck to everyone and wow is it good to be back. The support will be good. Today is the 2nd day of my new way of living. Got to keep myself healthy every morning I look my self in the mirror and say yes you can do it. Now get going!! Pep talk for myself.
    Well catch up soon.... have a great evening 2009 is on its way to a good start politics, diet wise, work wise so lets make it happen keep up your good efforts to meet your goals!!
    Carol yah its me!!! I am still around and glad to be back!
  • Hi All!

Yesterday I took a 2 mile walk and today I am so sore I can hardly walk. I don't know why I don't work up to these things instead of just jumping in and working out so hard at once.

Thanks everyone for you thoughts on my doggie. He is doing much better today and more himself. I don't know if I'll take him back there again.

Penpal - It has been very cold here. This past Saturday it was -6 so when the sun was shinging beautifully and it was in the high 20s it felt like a heat wave. Today it was 2 degrees but it warmed up nicely. I was going to try to take a walk at lunch but it didn't work out.

Today I didn't do the best on my food. I had a Duncachino from Dunkin Donuts at 5 points for WW, which I counted. Then we went to Applebees and I had a WW meal, BUT, I had a dessert shooter which was oreo cookie mousse. Tomorrow is a new day and we'll get back on track.

You all have a good night and a great Wednesday.

Kathy
  • Eek! I don't know what's going on here, but I got a bad case of feeding frenzy tonight. I didn't go insane with anything bad, but had, um, 4 extra snacks after dinner. I was so happy to finally have my spaghetti, and I really wasn't even hungry. I just felt like I had to have something sweet, then salty, then sweet... I suppose it could be hormonal, or emotional, I don't know, but it better stop NOW!

I lucked out today at work, though! The boss wanted to stay home and watch the inaugural stuff, so she called and told me to close up and go home! That was great, but perhaps too much TV time is what did me in tonight. Well, tomorrow's a new day!

Penny, the bulbs are coming up already? Wow! We're still covered with snow, but when it melts I'll have to get out there and have a look. Glad you enjoyed your visit with Marie!

Carol, welcome back (again!) Sounds like you had a great time with the kids and GS. They grow up so fast, don't they? Will they be coming back here in July, or do you get to go to Hawaii? That'd be a good diet motivator! Good luck!

Kathy, yeah, I don't know that I'd go back to that groomer if there was THAT much bleeding. Sounds a bit extreme. But glad he's feeling better. And put that dessert behind you and get back on track tomorrow. We're in a similar boat today, it seems, but today is just about over!

Have a great Wednesday, all!

• Blank phase with me right now, have ya noticed?

It's too hot to think. I sweat litres (gallons for you imperial folk) and drink even more.

Auntie - did you get to watch the whole inauguration? It was on here all morning and it was great to see. I know what you mean about watching too much tv. I think it can be a trigger sometimes to overeat.

Kathy - way to go on the 2 miler! Don't ya love that sore feeling you get a day or two after exercise? Okay maybe 'love' isn't the right word ... But it's like.... accomplishment pain! *nods*

Carol - Nice to hear from you

Marie - those Starbucks mochas are fantastic. Apparently their hot chocolates can clock in at well over 500 calories for a venti with full cream, so it looks like yo made a nice save with the choice you made - expecially if it was worth it!

The corporation who owns the store I work in has gone into receivership. If it isn't sold by april, i'll be fired! Woo hoo retrenchment here I come! Oh well. It was fun while it lasted, I'm sure i'll find something else.

......aaaaand now there's thunder. I should have known. It's been disgusting all day - humid and hot. I hope it pours like crazy....and stops conveniently at some point during the early morning for my thursday boot camp It's great - women only and run by "G.I. Tricia".

Tootles!
  • Hi All!

This is my first day on the site and so far I love it. I have been on this weight loss journal on my own up til this point, but now I need a little support. I am the type of person that must weigh in everyday to stay on point. I plan to check in everyday and display my weight - that way I know someone else will know if I start to cheat and the pounds slowly creep back on. Well good luck everyone and wish me luck to!

01/20/2009 - 186.4
    01/21/2009 - 186.4

Any progress it GREAT!!!
  • Carol - It's good to hear from you again. Marie and I were talking about how we missed you when we met the other day. I'm glad you found your way back to us. It sounds like you are off to a good start on your new way of life.

Kathy - Those dessert shooters at Applebees are hard to resist - but at least they're not a 'full fledged' dessert. I'm sure your long walk burned some of it off.

Auntie G - I hope your feeding frenzy has gone away. I almost got into one this morning but I managed to fight it off (for a change)! I told myself how miserable I'd feel afterwards and decided to wait a while and see if the feeling passed. I logged my foods and by then the urge to eat had passed.

Mariana - It sounds very hot in OZ. I can remember the tremendous thunder storms we used to have when we lived down under. We rarely get them here in the northwest and I miss them. I hope your job situation works out ok.

Hi MzLuv and welcome to our thread. I'm glad to see you've made good progress already on your weight loss journey. I weigh myself daily too (sometimes twice ) but Sunday is my "official" day when I usually report my progress (or lack of). Are you on any particular plan? I'm always interested to hear how people tackle their weight loss.

Marie & Judy - I hope you're having a good Wednesday.

I'm on plan so far today. I felt I had eaten too many cals already so I was just tempted throw in the towel and have a cookie but decided to log the foods I've had so far today. I saw that I still have 800 calories left which allows for a nice lunch and light dinner. So that's how logging helps me stay on track. If I'd had one cookie, that probably would have led to another and another...... I'm sure you know how that goes - I probably would end the day 400 calories over!

I think I just came up with a new mantra: Make every day count and count every day - there's no such thing as a "free" lunch!
  • Happy Wednesday!!!

Today was the ortho appointment and the news is good. No tears. The problem is that the knee cap isn't tracking in the right place and moves around (same problem as originally diagnosed 1.5 years ago but worse). Surgery is a last option (not an option in my books) and physical therapy to strengthen the knee muscles (VMO therapy if that makes sense to anyone) begins next week. There isn't a better brace than what I already use so strengthening is the best bet. As I'm a firm believer in exercise, I can live with that treatment. I would have said no to surgery except if my knee is totally falling off. Anyway, next Wednesday I start PT. Dr. did give permission to exercise with pain but use common sense. I laughed and DH said I didn't have much of that. But I'm free to do what I can tolerate. And I tolerate pain pretty good. I'm hoping to resume skiing in March - a few trips to Tahoe and see my beautiful grandson.

Food is right on target yesterday and so far today. I went fruit/vege crazy at Costco so I'll be having fun until it's gone or rotten. I haven't exercised yet today but DH just put my bik back on its fluid trainer so I'll be doing that and the weight set.

Kathy, definitely don't go back to that groomer. Any groomer that can see the quick on trimming nails is not competent. One of my doggies has quick that's hard to see, but I can still see it and I NEVER have my doggies bleed. A vet will cut the nails way back when a doggies is under, then they cauterize them so no bleeding. A groomer should never do that. Never, ever. Fire them!!!! Heck, make them buy you and the doggie a dunkicchino. I've never had one, but I do love the dunkin donuts so I bet their mochas are wonderful.

MzLuv, welcome to the thread. I hope you find your way back. You're doing great on your diet. Penny asked great questions so I hope you answer. We're all curious.

Auntie, sorry about your Eagles. I thought when they finally pulled ahead, they had a chance. At least you made it as far as my Packers did last year. You can, however, cheer for the Steelers since they're from your state. I'm probably cheering for the Cardinals as I like Kurt Warner and E. James. Your unsolisited day off sounded wonderful. No more extra desserts. I don't know how desserts are so more tempting, then say a bucket of soggy spinach.

Mazza, I hope the job searching goes well. I'm sorry about the current job. The world economy is in such a mess. The hot and humid sounds pleasant. I'm always so cold, that sweating sounds so nice. Actually I like my desert heat in the summer - I'm not found of humidity. But I do love a roaring thunderstorm!!! That I envy as well as the heat. Good luck with Boot Camp.

Carol, sounds like a plan for July. I hope it works out and the Sonoma diet fits for you and the workouts stay interesting.

Penny, my gosh it was fun to get together!!!! You and your hubby are wonderful. Great job on logging the cals so you knew where you really stood. Giving up for the day is so common to do and such a bad idea. I bet you stay within your cals because of it. And you're so right there is no "free" lunch. It always ends up on my hips.

Judy, I hope the hectic of DC is calming down and your life returns to normal. It sounds like the weekend had been fun.

Well I guess that catches me up. I hope I didn't forget anyone!!!
    Marie
  • I am planning a trip to HI in June or July not sure which yet. But it sure is a motivator to get to my goal. Well today is day 3 of the Sonoma Diet. I feel good and not hungry. I don't seem to have cravings at this time anyways maybe there is something to that white stuff in my system. I haven't cheated yet sticking to it. Even if this is just a start to getting back on track it is a good thing. I am learning that certain foods make me want more etc. Tonight for dinner I had a pork chop mushrooms, onions, snowpeas and steamed brocolli not too bad. Nothing afterwards and its in the safe zone now I have brushed my teeth just ice water now. Its my newest trick to stop munches etc.. Well I am taking this one day at a time.
    Marie sorry to hear about your knee and your so darn active... not to good huh? Glad you and Penny got a chance to have lunch how fun..
    Keep up the good work.
    Judy nice to see your still here and are ready for 2009 and some great changes.
    Auntie G your a doll. Thanks for your kind words.
    Today was a stressful day at work but I held together and didn't go to the food goddess.
    Mazza hang in there times are tough boy none of us really know until it hits us or our families then it sure becomes more than talk. I hope you land a job soon good luck.
    Kathy I read you dog issue ouch! That happened when I did my dog Bear about 6 months back. Bleed awful but the vet said take a little baggie put in some baking soda powder dip his foot in and the bleeding would stop well it worked right away who would of thought? I now purchased a pet trimmer with the little wand runs by batteries, it has a spot for his nail to go into this opening then the sand paper disk files his nail. We have done it two times and this time it only took 7 min to do both feet. Got it in a Bed Bath and Beyond store for 20 bucks. On T.V. it was much more might want to ck it out.
    Well have a great evening I am off to read oh how good it is to be back. Good luck to the rest of you girls as well I will catch up and get to know you as well glad everyone found the site.
    Carol
  • Hi, Chickies! What a week! More celebrity shoulder-rubbing, as Auntie would say, on Monday, and a long, cold day on the Mall Tuesday for the inaugural ceremony. What an inspiring day! Among the nearly 2 million in attendance were a surprising number of elderly people, disabled people and folks with crutches, knee braces, etc., who dealt with long walks up the shut-off escalators, standing around in the cold for hours and other difficulties, but with big smiles and in good spirits. Because the transit system was overwhelmed, we walked for miles, which wouldn't have been so bad, but because of the cold, I was wearing lots of layers and heavy boots, so everything felt more laborious. But it was totally worth it .

I spent Wednesday and today at home with the flu . The fever has passed so I expect to be up and running again on Friday. I haven't been eating too much off program, but I'm sure that I won't post a loss for this week. I haven't officially "worked out" since last week. Of course, I have had strenuous week, but not particularly aerobic. I'm looking forward to a good workout tomorrow morning.

Carol, I'm glad you made it back. Another trip to Hawai'i will be good motivation for you.

Hi, MsLuv! Yes, any progress is great. Good luck to you.

Hi, to everyone else!

judy
  • Judy how cool you got to attend that is something I would of enjoyed. I am ready for some good changes in our world.
    For all of you that knew me from earlier on well the word came down and I can't get the job promotion to supervisor. I needed a higher level degree. But they are trying to get approval for me to become a trainer for new people in the position and to assist others in areas where documentation maybe a bit weak. So time will tell and I am not taking it out without an increase so time will tell. I kind of figured that other one wouldn't work out and I am okay with that no issues. At least they all wanted me it was a matter of paper only and something like rules can't be changed.
    I am on day 4 and still doing well still surprised how certain foods make you crave other foods... wouldn't think so but I am sure now. This new way of intakes isn't so bad 6 more days till some fruit now that will be nice and of course a little glass of red wine might be nice to. I feel like I have so much more energy and control. Well have a nice evening and wow am I pleased its friday coming up.
  • Hi everyone! I have to try to be quick- DH had a schedule change today and my routines are all messed up. Maybe I can blame that for my food meltdown I just had. Hmmmm... I did some damage, for sure, but I do believe it's hormonal, and I'm feeling kind of icky- think I'm getting sick. Blah.

Mariana, "blank phase", yeah, that sounds like a good way to put it. I'm feeling kind of blank, myself. I did watch a lot of the inauguration coverage. This was the first time in my life I've ever been interested. And it fascinates me that the rest of the world is watching, too. Good luck with your job situation!

Mz, welcome and good luck!

Penny, congrats on avoiding a feeding frenzy! What I did the other day was nothing compared to what I did tonight. Groan..... Keep on the straight and narrow!

Marie, yay for physical therapy! Sounds like you'll be back in the saddle before ya know it! So, I'm trying to keep the image of a bucket of soggy spinach in my head, but it just didn't help tonight. What have you got on pizza and cheese fries? Again, groan....

Carol, congrats on staying with your new plan. Seems like it's working for you! Hope your job turns out the way you want it to!

Judy, glad you're feeling better, and that you got to be a part of all that hoo-ha that most of us could only watch on TV. Honestly, I would not have wanted to be in a crowd like that, but from everything I've heard, it was quite an awesome crowd - none of the normal "crowd issues", everyone happy and helpful and well-behaved. Awesome, indeed... Maybe I would have wanted to be there after all.

Have a great Friday, all!
  • Hi Everyone!

I wasn't able to check in last night so I'm trying to read everyones post and catch up on the news.

Mazza - You could pass your warm weather on to us. It was warmer today and is suppose to be again tomorrow, but then it is to get cold again. My two mile walk was great, but I am still feeling the pain. Though I ache I know it will pay off.

Judy - I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I hope you are back to full health soon.

Marie - I loved your comment about the groomer buying the doggie and me a ducnkachinno. That sounds good to me.

Speaking of Dunkin Donuts, I had to stop there today to pick up munchkins for a foreman meeting today. I almost bought a dunkachinno, but didn't and I didn't eat any donuts. It's not to say that I didn't want to, but I need to be "good".

I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. Today was not the best day at work. I work for a landscape business and with all men. The bosses wife does come in 2-3 days a week but it's usually just me. The bosses brother works where I do and he is so selfish and thinks only of himself. He was getting in my desk today without my permission. I found out that after I leave work he goes through my desk and gets on my computer. When I left tonight I hid the keys to my desk in another location. I'm going to check with my boss about changing the password to my computer. I know my boss and his brother have had many arguments about him wanting to use my computer. The thing is I have a lot of info on my computer that is none of his business. I take care of accounts Payabel and Receivables, employee info. etc. He is just a nosy guy. We've had many words, but he just thinks I am being "catty". I'm afraid it is going to come to words again and I don't like that. Does anyone have suggestions on how to handle this?

Forgive me for venting. I'll close so I don't bore you all.

Kathy