20-Something Profiles

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • First name:Cat

Geographical location:Virginia Beach

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:I have nine students all in 4th grade... Does that count??

Occupation:Special Education Teacher and Student (working on the Masters Degree)

Pets:3 dogs, a cat, a bird, 2 horses, 4 hermit crabs (classroom pet), 2 Guinea Pigs (classroom pets), and a fish

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, Taking pictures, searching the internet for nothing, texting, and iming

Height:5'3"

Eye/Hair Color:blue/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Restarting 12/24

Starting Weight:255

Present Weight:250

Goal Weight:Mini Goal Weight = 200 Long term = health weight

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Sticking to the stupid boring diet since I have so many restrictions.

Following any specific plan:Gluten Free, Corn Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, etc...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I am losings this weight because if I don't I will continue to have the stomach issues that I have been having. Plus I want to be around for a long time and its about sticking time I get healthy!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I am dying to find someone else out there that has the same food problems that I have.
  • First name: Tiffany

Geographical location:Indiana

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:N/A

Pets:does a Macbook count?!

Hobbies/Interests:reading anything I can get my hands on, Jillian Michael's podcast, tumbling, napping-lol (that's college for ya )

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:Brown, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:September 08'

Starting Weight:172

Present Weight:155

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating on all meals on the go..

Following any specific plan:Whatever Jillian Michaels says, I do, and it's working!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my first time counting calories as opposed to thinking that I was eating healthy which meant that i could eat as much as I wanted.

• First name: Kara

Geographical location: Midwest, USA

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 Cats

Hobbies/Interests: reading, running, photography, golf, basketball

Height: 5'10''

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec. 1, 2008

Starting Weight: 224

Present Weight: 216

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Binge eating (especially mid-late afternoon), self-sabotage, poor attitude and self image

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet. Attending Boot Camp classes 3x a week and doing Turbo Jam and Pilates/Yoga on the off days.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My outlook. I HAVE to do this, it's no longer a choice for me. Exercise/good food choices are necessary!! I have tunnel vision this time and a great attitude. I WILL achieve my goals!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been a member of 3FC for awhile now, but this is the first time I've really jumped into the forums. I've been a big time lurker. This is great!! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Hello =)
    First name: Olivia

Geographical location: North Carolina

Age: 18... I know i'm not a 20-something but I don't see anything for my age group... if there is please let me know, and if not, please keep me here =)

Marital Status: Not married, but in a serious relationship

Pets: 2 dogs. 1 pug and 1 boxer

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Music and spending time with my family

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair and hazel eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My weight loss journery began about two years ago

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight:170

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I get discouraged easily and give in to bad foods easily.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and working out on a schedual

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've joined a gym instead of just relying on my personal treadmill. I've also set up a chart that is visible to me that I'm recording my weight on to keep me motivated. I'm going to be counting calories just like i've done in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: When I began losing weight/dieting, I started at 189... I got down to 159 and enjoyed my weight but quickley let myself go and got back up to 170. I'm ready to lose this weight!
  • First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Live with BF

Pets: 1 tiger kitten, Max (10 months)

Hobbies/Interests: flute, piano, organizing

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blondish brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Yesterday! 28 Dec 2008

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: 154

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I loooove food. A lot. I espcially like to go out with my BF, fam, friends, who ever. It's kinda difficult too because BF eats whatever and doesn't worry about weight.

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just trying to make better food choices. I just recently gained weight and know it's my fault. I know how to eat right.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I haven't ever really tried to loose weight. I always weight 135-140...then I kinda got out of control my last semester of college.
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Oklahoma, USA

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: Connor is 2.5 and Owen is 8 months.

Pets: One kitty, Calvin.

Hobbies/Interests: Student.

Height: 5'3''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 08

Starting Weight:188

Present Weight:186

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers for nursing moms.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The number doesn't matter, how I feel is the most important.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Good luck everyone!!
  • First name: Mandy

Geographical location: Chicago

Marital Status: Divorced

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, campy movies, yoga.

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/29/2008

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress eating and not enough time to eat properly at work.

Following any specific plan: Slimfast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't feel bad about it, just sort of matter-of-factual. I'd just like to look and feel better.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking for a Chicago exercise buddy!
  • First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Louisiana

Marital Status: recently single..blah...i hate men

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: professional student/working at the school library and I love it

Pets: 2 dogs we adopted from the shelters

Hobbies/Interests: Anything that involves people and lots of talking My first passion though is reading.

Height: 5'2" and 3/8

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Not sure

Starting Weight: Highest weight 254

Present Weight: 208

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Battling the psychological issues and confronting them...and then exercise

Following any specific plan: Keeping moving and drop the fork

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I understand now through watching documentaries and speaking to doctors about the risk factors and what my future will look like.

• First name: Sadie

Geographical location:Boston

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None yet, hopefully some day!

Pets: 2 Cats

Hobbies/Interests: Nature photography and going to concerts.

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brunette, Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight:265

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight:150 is my first goal but I want to continue to at least 125 after that. So 125 I guess.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Way too many to count! Probably just the tempation of all those tasty foods out there.

Following any specific plan: Not really just eatting healthier. All the processed foods got thrown away. No frozen meals, no pizza, no chips, deserts, mac & cheese, fries, take out food, stuff like that I used to live off of.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am so much more motivated this time. I don't know what came upon me, but I am just so much more determinded and driven this time. I have learned that it's not so much a diet, but a life style change. I will not stop until I am pleased with how I look.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was so hesitant to come on here and post anything about a month ago when I found this site. I thought it was really strange that a bunch of people who are pretty much complete strangers where so caring for one another and so supportive. But now I see that there are so many out there going through exactly what I am, and enjoy all the support I can get at any given time, about anything. You all dont even need to know someones name or anything about them, and will still give great advice and support. So thank you. It really has helped me through my journey.
  • First name: Heather

Geographical location: TX

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 Cat, named Penelope

Hobbies/Interests: Computers, Art, Reading, Video Games, Movies

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/26

Starting Weight: 300

Present Weight: 297

Ultimate goal Weight: 162

First Goal: 250lb by March 2 (My b-day)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself, being lazy, and never taking the time to LEARN what I need to do to be healthy.

Following any specific plan: I'm following an 1800 cal/day 60g fat/day plan and I am also taking Alli 3 meals a day. For exercise, I am doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Maximum Results Program DVD everyday, level 1 and warm-up.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I never knew how to diet. I did diets that cut out necessary nutrients which ultimately lead me to gaining all of the weight right back and then some!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel ashamed about my weight, and I've never shared information like this with others, but from browsing this site I finally feel comfortable and I hope that this place will help me on my journey and any rough spots that I may hit.
  • First name:
    Carlee

Geographical location:
    Natchitoches Louisiana for College, but Dallas TX is home

Marital Status:
    single

Children/Ages:
    n/a

full time college student

Pets:
    miniature schnauzer, he has to stay in TX though... I miss him!!

Hobbies/Interests:
    making items such as diaper cakes, baby shower gifts, earrings and other things.

Height:
    vertically challenged...5'1

Eye/Hair Color:
    eye: green
    hair: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
    Christmas Day '08..but really the start of a new year

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:
    I'm shooting for 150..even though they say to weigh 100-130.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    the budget crunch and my texture aversions

Following any specific plan:
    just generally eating better

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    i think the challenges on 3FC and all my jeans not fitting and now I don't have $$ to buy anymore..lol

This site rocks...and so does all the smileys!!
  • First name: Bev

Geographical location: North East UK

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 2 Cats and an old Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, playing online games, riding my motorbike and spending time with my hubbie

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, red/blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today 31st Dec 2008

Starting Weight: 205lbs

Present Weight: 205lbs

Goal Weight:155lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not falling for takeaways and making myself exercise

Following any specific plan: just calorie control, tried slimming world 4 times and cant stick to it, make better choices generally should help

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realise that I've always wanted to be thinner NOW, but It willtake time and I'm planning on being at goal when I get there, 9mths 12mths what ever it takes but mini goals inbetween are my key

Anything else you would like to share with us: I tend to get depressed about my weight my husband is aware and always says I look great but I know deep down I dont, and just having someone to talk to that understands will be great Thank you all for this fab website
  • First name:Ashley

Geographical location:California

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:Not Yet

Pets: 1 puppy named Harlly

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, baking, video games, snowboarding...lots of stuff

Height:5'

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/ Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12/31/08
    Starting Weight:155

Present Weight:155

Goal Weight:99

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:not eating so damn much lol

Following any specific plan: veggies and fruit and no fast food, with moderate exercise
  • First name: Danielle but everyone calls me Yelie

Geographical location: Wyoming

Marital Status: Happily married to my best friend

Children/Ages: Laina 4 and William 2.5

Pets: Koda (queensland heeler in my avatar)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, camping, TaeKwonDo

Height: 5'0 (heck I dont have a weight problem, I have a height problem!! )

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Right after my son was born so July 06?

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 161

Goal Weight: 140 I think since my hubby loves the curves but will reevaluate once I get there

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sweets during AF!

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Nothing really different besides I have an actual date (sisters wedding) that I have to wear a certain bridesmaids dress in lol.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I stick with SB because I have hypothyroidism and my body seems to respond well to it. I did lose my first 20 lbs counting calories but that was before being hypothyroid.
  • First name: Lucy

Geographical location: Auburn, Alabama

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Cat named Merlin

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Roller Derby, Working

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Gray - Ginger

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2007

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Temptation

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: EXERCISE!

Anything else you would like to share with us: hmmm hi?