When do you workout?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I work out an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening and have to eat before either workout. I usually give myself an hour between meal and workout and it works well for me. Especially since I started eating clean, I have boundless energy and my workouts are so much more effective/efficient.
    You work out for TWO hours a day? Holy crap!

Anyway, I cannot work out on an empty stomach, I get all blood sugary and shaky and dizzy. However, that being said, if I eat a meal I have to wait at least 2.5 hours before working out - otherwise I hurl. My naturopath says it takes 4 hours to digest a meal, so that makes sense. I think it's better just to have a little snack before you work out just so your blood sugar won't drop.

~CGH~
  • i try to work out earlier in the day. but not first waking up. i need to actually wake, have some coffee, eat some breakfast, first.

if it was a day to run, i'd eat a lighter breakfast, then eat afterwards. if its not, i'll eat a bit heavier and let it digest for an hour or so before the workout.

with that said, i dont work out hungry or stuffed. i usually eat a small snack before and a small snack after.
  • I wish I could workout on an empty stomach. I have to have something in my system or I get realllllyyy hungry and I get headaches. I drink a protien shake and a full glass of water every morning before I workout.