101 reasons to lose excess weight

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Okay so on the 101 theme.......

how about we try to find 101 benefits of losing the excess weight? I know it helps to keep me on track when i remind myself WHY the effort is worth it!

I will start!

1. We are worth it!
    2. We owe our bodies the opportunity to be as healthy as possible
    3. We want to set good examples of healthy eating for our children
    4. We will reduce our risks of heart disease
  • 5. So you can look back at pictures of yourself (during holidays, etc.) and not cringe. (I'm going through this currently)
    6. So you will be more self confident!
    7. So you can shop for clothes in any store you want to (except plus sized ones.... )
    8. So you aren't too tired to do things with your family!
  • 9. So you can continue working at a very physical job w/out feeling wiped out.
    10. So you can wear that sexy little black dress to a party
    11. So you can want to have sex with the lights on - and even be on top!
    12. So you can enjoy the occasional treat without feeling guilty

• 13) So we don't have problems moving around when we get older.
    14) So we don't get diabetes
    15) So we don't have to wear spanx or "tummy control" anything
    16) So our legs don't hurt carrying around the excess weight.
  • Oh photochick...you read my mind. Number 11 is very near and dear to my own heart!!! lol. (But i'm getting better).
  • 13) So we can ride the go-karts at the go-kart track
    14) So we can be more comfy in an airplane seat
    15) So we can be able to help our patients better
  • Lol, i like number 11!

20. So you can feel sexy and attractive and turn heads!
    21. So you can feel 'normal' and not be the one that sticks out like a sore thumb in family photos
    22. So you can meet the weight restrictions to do a tandem skydive to raise money for charity
    23. So you can go horseriding without worrying you are going to kill the poor horse!
    24. So you can fit into rides at the funfair!
  • Because looking at a size 8 tag beats seeing the 18 when I put on my pants.
  • Miss vitality-I was just going to write that (24)! I've never been on a rollercoaster in my whole life.
  • Kelly, you definitely need to try it! I love rollercoasters but remember an embarrassing incident when the attendant really struggled to get the safety barrier in place - because of my chunky thighs!

26. So I can no longer use my weight as an excuse for not setting out to achieve other goals and ambitions!
  • 27. To wear my Seven jeans again
    28. Because our bodies are Temples (if you are Biblical about it)
    29. To feel better about self
  • 30. So I can feel proud of my achievements
    31. So I can learn more about myself along the journey
    32. So that beautiful rings, bracelets and necklaces don't feel too tight around my fingers, wrists and neck
    33. So I can have a fit and strong body
    34. So I can look everyone who ever made a derogatory comment about my weight in the eye and know that I did it!
  • 35. So when we have children we won't have to worry about being exhausted after 5 minutes of playing
    36. So we can look absolutely amazing on our wedding day
    37. So when we look back we can see how far we've truly come and it was worth the struggle
  • Quote: 26. So I can no longer use my weight as an excuse for not setting out to achieve other goals and ambitions!
    Seconded!!!!
  • 38. To not always want to be the one behind the camera.
    39. To be able to walk into a store (like Old Navy) and not have to worry if they'll have a size big enough to fit me.
    40. To maybe, hopefully be comfortable wearing a bathing suit in public again.