alternative slacker exercise thread

You're on Page 12 of 13
Go to
  • Finished my first day of Level 3 Shred. I was thinking of starting C25k in the next week or two.
  • Still on Level 3 of Shred. I'm so proud that I haven't missed a day. I wish I could control my eating though. One step at a time, I suppose.
  • holy testicle tuesdays! just finished the first day of level 2 of the shred. i can barely type! wow, robot. kudos to you on how well you've done with this.
  • i plan on a 12 minute gazelle (b/c it is so boring) and 30+ DDR. My problem is that the gazelle and playstation are both in the dark, dreary, lonely basement. it is difficult to force myself down there. easy excuse, i know, but there is no alternative for the placement of the TV and gazelle
  • Ollie - You rock. Show those planks who's boss! I can't believe I'm on day 7 of level 3. I'm almost done! Then what? I'll be so lost. Maybe I'll do another go round.

Katiecron - Welcome!
  • thanks robot. those are definitely not my fav. 'specially the plank jumping jacks. ugh. actually everything is really hard. i realize that up until now i have done zero strength training. feels good.

welcome katiecron. whats a gazelle and DDR? i kind of wish i had my set up in the basement. i spend a lot of time kickin cats outta the way.
  • **** you pendulum lunges!
  • Ollie - If you love those pendulum lunges now, you'll adore the jumping lunges in level 3.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with the plank exercises. But I notice it's getting easier already. Pushups are very hard on me too. I guess my arms are not very strong... but I can train them to be!
  • So close to being finished with Shred, that I can taste it. Only 2 more days. Then I'll take a small break from it and then do it again for 30 days. I feel like a masochist because it's so painful at times, but it feels so good.
  • Quote: whats a gazelle and DDR?
    This is a gazelle
    DDR is Dance Dance Revolution.
  • thanks, robot. i had forgotten i asked. what a pal. what a pal. i remember i tried ot do one of those gazelle things at the gym and lacked the coordination.

elwing, i'll take planks any day over all these friggin lunges.

so when i do lunges, especially those damned pendulum lunges, this muscle that maybe i didn't know was there cause i never used it before, starts screaming. it's right under me arse and right above my thigh. sorta in the middle of the *** and thigh. does this happen to you all? what is that? and anyone know of something i can do to strengthen whatever it is?
  • I completed 30 Day Shred!

I'll probably start again in a week, but for now, I think I'll stick to some yoga or even a Turbo Jam video.
  • robot - you're my hero.

well, i've missed a couple days of the shred, buuuut i do think it was a tad bit silly of me to think i could do it during finals of my first semester of grad school. all i can do is the best i can do. i'm coming up for air from my papers and about to push play.
  • Ollie, I know you're focused on your school work, so don't fret if you miss a few days working out.

I didn't workout today. I suppose a day off shouldn't do me any harm.