At Home Support Sept 28-Oct 4 Obstacles this week

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I just wanted to start a new thread this week and compare notes to some of the obstacles we have run into these past few weeks.

for me I had a bad week a few weeks ago and drank enough wine to float a ship but I am past that now, no need to keep beating myself up. Last week I worked some long hours and could not bring my tried and true lunches to the office making eating out a very hard challenge...but I managed

this week? I just don't know what I am going to run into but with the support here I will over come. I did set a new goal -- I will walk a min of 30 min during my lunch period at least 4 days a week. This I am starting on Tuesday only because I am arriving late to the office on Monday and taking a lunch break after only 20min of work will not really set a good example LOL.

Tell me about you
  • For some reason this weekend was rough for me - we ate out several times and I did not make good food choice - the 3 lbs that I lost earlier this week all came back on - UGH I feel like I sabatoged myself this weekend.

I am getting back on track and I will continue to stick with my morning exercise routine - I am also adjusting my points down, so hopefully that will jumpstart my weight loss again!

Hope you all have a great week!
  • I know how frustrating that can be! It was almost four weeks for me of this up down up down stuff. I looked at my food journal this past week when I finally dropped a few pounds and noticed that I ate an avg of 4 points less per day. So I am going to keep them just a bit lower than ww recomends for my weight and see what happens next Sunday morning
  • I did well my first three weeks of doing this and then hit a plateau or my body adjusting or whatever it is and I'm finally over that- I hope. I can feel changes even if no one can see them, although my pants are so baggy I'm embarrased to wear them. I have a closet full of clothes that I'm not quite fitting into yet. I guess never throwing them away will come in handy soon.
    Food wise I'm chugging along, I learn something new every day from reading the posts here. My biggest challenge is getting in my oils. So I'm trying to eat more fish during the week and I bought a bag of sunflower seeds in case I haven't met them by the end of the day. Is Smart Balance considered an oil? (it has olive oil in it) I hope so, I usually count that when I have it.
  • Nancy - glad I'm not the only one lowering thier points - how is it working? Have you been walking during lunch?

Dolly - WTG on the baggy pants! You'll be in your "skinnier" clothes in no time!
    Not sure about the oil in the Smart Balance - hopefully someone else can answer that!

Well the point adjustment seems to be working for me, although it's only been 2 days - I was down a little more, so hopefully I'll be able to rack up a loss for the week!

Anyone find any good recipes or new products? I'm always on the lookout for yummy treats! I'm having a french fry craving, so I'm going to see if oven fried potatoes will cure it!
  • Dolly great job on the baggies! I guess in that department I am doing ok my super tight jeans (the only ones I have) now fet a bit better but are far from baggie

texas I have not noticed a difference since lowering my points a bit yet but I am thinking I should see something in a week. If and when I weigh myself every morning I notice I stay the same for 4-6 days then on the 6th or 7th day all of a sudden it shows a drop of 2-3 pounds...wierd so the .5 gain I have had since sunday I am not concerned about since I have stayed actually lower than my allotted points. I think it is water or something.

You know it is wierd but I really do look forward to my offical wiegh in's --even if I am dissapointed
  • Hi everyone! After 3 weeks of not losing a single pound, today seems like a miracle. I stepped on the scale (today is my official weigh in day)... I am down 1.2 lbs!! Nothing huge, but after seeing the same number for SOO long it feels really nice! It has motivated me to keep on track and that the past 3 weeks have not been a total waste.
    Congrats Dolly on the baggy jeans!! That is such a great feeling!!!
    Texas-I get a lot of point-friendly recipes from greenlitebites.com, hopefully you find something there that helps!
  • WTG Time! Every pound is a small victory!
  • WTG any loss feels soo good

I feel proud of myself today too, I walked for 40 min for a total of 2miles my first time during my lunch .. loved it
  • Well I ran into a bit of a snag tonight. I bought a bottle of wine...I know I know a big no no for me. but I really felt I wanted and needed it?

This has been a stresser week....I made a huge decision on Monday morning to have surgery for uterine fibroid tumors. very scary for me and a very hard decision. And tonight on my way home from work I really wanted a glass or two of wine so I stopped and bought some.

Of course I will most likely not purchase any more for another week or two but this felt right.. this is what I call my binging trigger..stress over ????--the big things
  • Nancy - good luck on the surgery and keep us posted. You know, I think that's the beauty of WW - if you need a glass or two of wine, it's ok - there is always tomorrow. I think that's what I like best about this program - even when I've "fallen off the wagon" I don't feel guilty like I have on past diets.

I am traveling today and possibly tomorrow - we had a family emergency so I have to go out of town - this is a big stressor for me, and I will try to watch what I eat, but I know myself and I know it will be hard

Hope you all have a great day and I'll catch up in a day or so.
  • Texas I hope everything turns out ok with the family. I know how those things tend to stress me out too.

You know I don't really feel guilty about the wine I drank last night and I feel fine this morning righ back on track but not sure I will walk at lunch today Even though the weather is nice I am just soo darn tired. A lot of that has to do with the 'symptoms' I am having.

Look forward to when you are back...just keep singing...don't worry, be happy LOL
  • hi all
    i am glad i found this b/c i started anew yesterday&something about me is this. somehow exercise is the key for me to staying op&now i am struggling b/c i hurt my back very badly yesterday&now cannot workout cuz i can not even stand so i am struggling to stay op my first weeek back and that bites.
  • I have not been staying on plan lately and have gained back 2 pounds. GRRR! I have had a good day today walked a couple of miles and stayed within my points. I'm going to look at this as a new beginning.

nancylmrn - I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and will have surgery soon.

andreaphilip3 -

texscrapper -

time2shine85 - Congrats on the weight loss!
  • ty jo!

great job on an op day! keep going!! today was day 2 for me.