A general chat in the general chat..

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi. What's on your mind? I'm in need of people to talk to at the moment. What's going on?
  • I'm hanging out on the sofa with my neurotic cat watching episode 6 of Californication.

Now I know why the person who told me I had to watch this show told me that. Because he *is* Hank Moody. Which is a scary thought.

• What's that show about? I haven't heard of it. What's Hank Moody like?
  • Gearing up to watch the debates. (No, I'm not going to say anything remotely political. Just that I'm planning to watch.) And thinking about dinner. Drinking water. Watching a TiVoed episode of "Heroes."
  • I am sitting at my desk glaring at the clock wanting it to be 6 so i can go home!
    I havent seen californication either, looks interesting though
  • Ohhh, I've gotta go watch the debates as well. I almost forgot!
  • Californication is a Showtime series starring David Duchovny. He's a writer in LA who had a huge hit book that got made into a movie and then he kinda quit writing. He's separated from his wife and daughter and in denial about a bunch of stuff. He's kinda a sex-obsessed jerk who's screwing around with any woman he meets ... but you kinda feel sorry for him cause he obviously adores his daughter and wife and is lost w/out them and is just flailing.

And yeah, the guy who recommended the show to me is a whole lot like Hank.

• I wish I had Showtime, because then I could watch Dexter. They played season 1 of Dexter on channel 9. I have like, 3 channels. It's lame.

That show sounds interesting especially since I used to have a huge crush on the character of Mulder DD played on the X Files, as a kid.

Duckslove, you're still at work I'm guessing?
  • i am getting ready to eat dinner (bbq chicken, yellow rice, green beans and salad) and watching my cat sleep.

how come they wake up and stretch and move to a different spot, only to fall asleep AGAIN?

what a life,huh?
  • I'm thinking, "I'm tired. I want to go back to bed."

I'm also thinking "They adjusted our work hours for tonight, which means I am going in 3 hours later than usual, which means I am getting off work 3 hours later than usual, which means that I will have very little sleep for the barbecue I am attending tomorrow."

I am also eagerly looking forward to the yummy cake I am picking up in Chinatown tomorrow for the barbecue. (Yup, tomorrow is my treat day. I can and will eat whatever I want!)

And, I am looking forward to seeing my favorite sexy serial killer again on Sunday (Dexter).

• Hi guys.. figured i'd jump in here. I'm sitting at home missing my hubby, but enjoying the peace and quiet (kids just went to bed). I'm thinking I should get on the bike or the treadmill, maybe watch the episodes of House that I've missed this season while I'm walking... but honestly, I might go to bed and read a book (bad Dee)... Wish my hubby would call... but I know it's early early A.M. for him... he's in Iraq. I'm lonely.. this is something like stream of consciousness, huh? LOL.. hope everyone else is having a good night.
  • Getting ready to drive out to my sister's to babysit tomorrow (they need to leave before 8:30 am). Bummed about not weighing at home on my scale on my floor. Too bummed really, I think I'm just grouchy tonight. After I get there, I'll probably either come back online, or go to bed really early if I'm tired.
  • My cats are the laziest creatures in the world!
    I'm jealous of the poster who gets to watch the new episode of Dexter.

deeinthekeys, I understand being lonely, my BF is asleep in bed which isn't quite the same as being in Iraq, but I understand. And House is superb.

Have fun babysitting. Here's something to think about: checked out your ticker, you weigh 155 at 5'7.. that is absolutely fantastic in my mind. I think you've done amazing. Also- thank you for what you said in that thread last night Julie.
  • Quote: Have fun babysitting. Here's something to think about: checked out your ticker, you weigh 155 at 5'7.. that is absolutely fantastic in my mind. I think you've done amazing. Also- thank you for what you said in that thread last night Julie.
    A) Luckily my 2-year old niece was actually still up when I got there. The first thing she did was run over and insist on a kiss, so I'm not grumpy anymore . Will have to wait to steal kisses from the 8-month old until tomorrow.

B) Thanks. Sometimes I wonder what took me so long to start, and why now. But mostly I'm just happy. Two to counteract the two oatmeal cookies I just had but they were tasty .

C) You're welcome.

• Julie- hope you had fun babysitting! I babysat yesterday for a friend of mine- something I hadn't really done in years. They have a 3 yr old girl and 10 month old boy who is now the new love of my life. I came home with that, "I want a baby look" about me so now DH won't come near me