What are you Metformin results to date?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I am new to this site, so Hello everyone
    I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and my OB/GYN did not put me on the metformin but when I went to my PCP last week he did say that anyone diagnosed with PCOS should be put on Metformin (especially those wanting to have children) because it helps keep the "womanly" organs healthy.
    My fasting sugars have been high all year long 123-125 (normal is 110 or lower) but no other blood work was done on me so my PCP is sending me this coming week for a 3 hr glucose test, a kidney function test and an AIC test and then we will go from there. And he did tell me that Metformin would help me lose weight but not as much weight as I would hope for...LOL
    My best friend is on Metformin and she told me that she never saw any weight lose until she got up to her current dose which is 2500mg time release tab, she also stated that she had severe cramps and diarrhea the first month that she was on the Metformin and lost 10lbs (which she states was due to the side effects:)
    I just want to get my insulin under control because Type I diabetes runs in my family and it scares the crap out of me