Holy ****! I'm definitely back on the wagon

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Since Wednesday I have lost about 6 pounds. My weight loss had been stalling a lot recently (well, I say recently, but its more like over the last 5 months, blah!) but I made a commitment to myself that I wanted to stay on plan while I had 3 days off of work last week and then the weekend free, so I weighed myself on Wednesday morning, I was 282, and when I weighed myself on Sunday morning, I was 276! I haven't been in the 270's since I was in freshman year of high school!

This brings my total weight loss to 29 pounds. 1.5 more pounds and I will have lost 10% of my highest weight, which was 305.

All I did was follow my calorie restriction guidelines and stick to my micro-nutrient planning and I broke through the horrid plateau I had been on for a long time. My motivation came from starting a new weight loss challenge in my community, and the winner gets 50% of the pot that everyone joining had to put $30 into at the beginning. The last challenge we were in, I lost 15 lbs over the course of 12 weeks. By the time tomorrow night comes along, I will have lost about 7-ish pounds, which is about half of what I lost over 12 weeks before hand!

And I know you're all thinking "Its water weight" but, it isn't. Even though I might not have been following my calorie restrictions as much, I was drinking my daily required water (140 oz a day) and making sure I got in all of my vitamins. Only thing I changed was making sure I followed my food intake to a T.

The gym we're (my Fiance & I) joining won't be open until the 17th. I can't wait to see what happens when I get my butt moving!

All I can say is I worship fiber and protein. If the username Fiberlover wasn't already taken, I sure would have it!
  • Quote: All I can say is I worship fiber and protein. If the username Fiberlover wasn't already taken, I sure would have it!

Congrats on getting back on plan and breaking the plateau!
  • Every time I see your username, I giggle and think, boy I can understand that :-P

Thank you for the support! I definitely take a lot of what you say to heart, and some advice you've given to other users has definitely come into play in my diet
  • WTG!! Great job on getting the weight moving again, and great that you are feeling so focused and motivated. keep it up!!
  • Good Job!!!!!Keep going chicky, you'll look great on your wedding day!!

• I see you wrote "All I did was follow my calorie restriction guidelines and stick to my micro-nutrient planning".

What are these things? I've been stuck on a plateau myself and am looking for any help I can get! What does micro nutrient planning mean??

Also - congrats to you - that is so awesome!!
  • Woohoo, you! That's awesome! Glad to see you're starting to drop the pounds again!
  • Yay you!!!!

That's an awsome way to break a plateau!

• That's excellent!

• Yippee....and good for you. Breaking thru a plateau is major. I am so happy for your renewed vigor!
  • Quote: I've been stuck on a plateau myself and am looking for any help I can get! What does micro nutrient planning mean??
    Micronutrient planning is basically breaking down your daily calories into grams of fat, protein, carbs and fiber. I eat about 20% of my calories in Fat, 40% in Protein and 40% in Carbs. I also get about 30-40 grams of fiber on a daily basis. Its not as hard as a lot of people think, either.

That is the basic definition Fitday gave when I signed up, but other people consider micronutrients to be vitamins and minerals.
  • Quote: Micronutrient planning is basically breaking down your daily calories into grams of fat, protein, carbs and fiber. I eat about 20% of my calories in Fat, 40% in Protein and 40% in Carbs. I also get about 30-40 grams of fiber on a daily basis. Its not as hard as a lot of people think, either.

That is the basic definition Fitday gave when I signed up, but other people consider micronutrients to be vitamins and minerals.
    Yeah, I was gonna say, "macronutrients" *is* protein, fat and carbs. I'll have to go look what FitDay says.
  • Quote: Yeah, I was gonna say, "macronutrients" *is* protein, fat and carbs. I'll have to go look what FitDay says.
    Is it "ma" or "mi"

I dont have my fitday computer right now so I can't look. If its MA I feel so silly now.
  • Congrats! On the weight loss and the engagment.
  • Hello to everyone. i am new to the site. just starting back on the journey. it's amazing how much better I feel to be "in control." even though I am technically 100+ pounds overweight, I just want to lose 50 right now. I can't even imagine being under 200 at this point. but, I am committed and I am just gonna take it pound by pound. everyone stay strong!