Volumetrics - July/August - 2008

You're on Page 14 of 17
Go to
  • Hi there . . .

Things are looking up . . . I have a functiuoning kitchen again . . .
  • Good to hear things are back in order Linda.

I've had a busy family weekend. Everyone have a great Sunday.
  • Hi, y'all! Hope ya had a good weekend! Back to reality tomorrow!
  • I'm giving myself a pound off finally, so now I've recovered from my latest binge. I also was able to walk last night for a decent length, which I haven't been able to do in probably 4 months due to my plantar fasciitis. I'm paying today for it, but boy did it feel good last night. Maybe it's finally going away!
  • Good Morning . . .

We are working on the second day of almost perfect summer weather -- comfy temperatures, pleasant little breeze, lots of sunshine, and (best of all) very negligible humidity -- this is the way it's supposed to be.

I am still totally stuck at my ticker weight for this month -- well actually sometimes I'm up a pound, sometimes I'm down a pound; but always I seem to come back to the same 212.

Have a great day . . .
  • I am at work and it is time to quit. I almost finished catching up on all the posts. I have not given up - I have been away because my home computer crashed! I am like a crack addict with no computer!!!!
  • Oh Gail- no home computer is rough!

It was a busy day. I'm so wiped out. Off to watch some TV.

• Day looks good so far . . . but the humidity has climbed skyward again and the forecast is calling for rain this afternoon . . . . . . Guess three in a row was too much to hope for. Time to get back to doing some indoor stuff.
  • I found a nice recipe with Balsamic vinegar-
    http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/allrec...an-salad/print
    I changed some stuff- didn't cook the beans as long as they said and didn't add as much oil as they said, either.

I also finally tried the blueberry salad- it's really good! I made it with mostly fresh spinach leaves, some red and green lettuce from my garden and without the onions because my stomach doesn't like them- they repeat too much. It was very good- my DH wasn't too crazy about it, but I think he put too much vinegar on it. He put it on like normal salad dressing, and he always uses a lot of that. I warned him, but they always know better...
  • Oh that does sound good . . . and I've got fresh beans in the fridge right now (a mix of yellow and green) so think I'll try it . . . definitely with a lot less oil.
  • Linda, I forgot to mention what a pretty kitty you got.

Pretty soon I am going to be in serious trouble. My good habits keep going astray. I seem to let little disruptions in my routine really mess me up. I am not sure how to get a grip!
  • This may sound stupid, Gail, but for inspiration put on a swimsuit (or a bikini!) and either look in a full length mirror or better yet, have someone take a picture of you. That usually does it for me!
  • Good Morning . . . and it is a glorious one around here. Horrendous storms passed through yesterday evening and overnight and now it is sunny and cool (may not even make it above the mid 60s). Probably a bit cool for most of you, but I it.
  • ArtCat, I am sitting here laughing at the thought of me in a bikini! But I get what you are saying. I should get my DH to take a pic of me in something nice that I won't be able to wear if I blow it. Actually, I am feeling more focused now that I have my new computer set up and can hang out with all you chicks.

I made myself a grilled shrimp and goat cheese tostada for lunch. I still have a bit of the lite chevre left. The recipe also involved some avocado...yummo.

There is a recipe for filet mignon with bourbon blueberry barbeque sauce in the Eating Well email I got today. I had already gotten out a couple of filets for supper, so I might try it. Not sure if there is any bourbon around...

The grocery had chicken breast on sale, so I got a bunch and poached it this morning so I have a huge supply for sandwiches, salads, soup whatever appeals to me.

I also have a batch of yogurt working, and I grew some sprouts a couple of days ago, so I have some good stuff going.