Are people in their 70s as interested in sex as 20-year-olds?

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I'm 29 and there's absolutely no interest in sex. Don't know what's wrong!!! DH is 30 and always interested.
    I'm 26 and I feel like I want it ALL the time

but my husband is 29 and he almost NEVER wants it

maybe its something with "29" hehe

oh yeh I should mention that we have 2 little ones and he is TERRIFIED to make that 3 ... ( someday I will get on bc and that will help? )

• My opinion? No.

70 year olds generally have different hormone levels, often lower than people in their 20s. They also don't have the sense (generally) of sex being as "new" and "different" as 20 year olds might. For many 20 year olds sex is something they just discovered.

I'm just speaking on average. Of course some 70 year olds are more interested in sex than some 20 year olds.

And totally my opinion.
  • I'm 28 and have a VERY low sex drive, as does my boyfriend. I don't know whether it's an age issue or just a boredom issue after being together for 4 years. A few years ago I was insatiable.
  • Ladybugnessa, I Loved Harold and Maude! Didn't care much for him, but she was great!

I agree with you, Heather.

When I was 26, I also wanted sex all the time. Now, not so much. No, I'm not 70...

Ruth, well... I understand it has to do with the continuation of the species... But that's like saying alcohol is a solvent that can be used for cleaning...

Jay
  • I have to agree. 2-3 years ago I wanted it, not all the time, but I was very intersted in it but now......yeah right!!! The thought of it scares me!!!
  • Since our youngest Daughter was born in 2005 I've had NO interest in it. I'm 28 and my BF is 33. He wants to do it all the time...LOL! I worked with a 78 year old man for 6 years. He had so much energy and a great personality. When women came into the store he would always hit on them...LOL! We would call him a dirty old man and he'd laugh. We always asked him were in the world does he get his energy and great mood from (he was always smiling and never mad) and he told us "sex, making woopie. It keeps you young"...LOL!
  • maybe you should ask Hugh Hefner and those "girls next door"....or is he 80?
  • I think for a lot of people the idea of older folks having sex and enjoying it is akin to how Queen Victoria felt. she saw sex as something women endured for the good of the man and the population of the country (hence the term "close your eyes and think of England)...

kids in their teens can't even imagine folks in their 40s or 50s having sex... so why should folks in their 30s or 40s want to imagine THEIR parents having sex...
  • I LOVED sex in the 70's...but then I was in my 20's!
  • Quote: kids in their teens can't even imagine folks in their 40s or 50s having sex... so why should folks in their 30s or 40s want to imagine THEIR parents having sex...
    Heck, I KNOW my parents had sex - and a lot of it.

I'm the youngest of 8.
  • Quote: I LOVED sex in the 70's...but then I was in my 20's!
  • As ladybug said, I don't think you can make a blanket statement that all 20 year olds area always more interested in sex than all 70 year olds.

Or even 60 or 50 year olds. The guy I'm seeing is 10 years older than me and he's a once-a-day kinda guy (more often if he could fit it into his schedule! ) and I don't see that ending - certainly not the desire, even if the physical ability wanes. And I'm good with that!

OTOH, I was married to someone who, in his mid 30s was not interested at all. It's part of the reason why we're no longer together.

Also here's a story for you about being interested in sex when you're older. My great uncle died at 82 - he had cancer and passed away about a year after being diagnosed. Right before he died he talked to my father about how, since he got sick, he felt bad that he hadn't been able to make love to his wife every night as he had done the entire 50+ years they'd been married!

When I brought the topic up to my guy last night, his comment was "If I lose interest in sex, then shoot me. I hope to be able to f* like a bunny when I'm 70!"

• Hahahahahaahahahaa, Gary that made coffee go ALL over my screen!!
  • Speaking of sex drives, I want to know who perpetuated the myth that pregnant women want sex all the time. I've never wanted sex LESS in my life! I hope things go back to normal at some point after the birth! My poor husband!
  • for me (I'm not in my 20s or my 70s)....it's a self-image thing....if I feel attractive as I do when my weight goes down, I want more sex....

My BF is always up for it, (he's 55), he says his doctor advocates a lot of sex because it is good for his prostate!