One Hundred Push ups training program!

You're on Page 9 of 13
Go to
  • Hi Everyone~Week 1 day 3. 4 sets of 5 pushups. By the fourth set I could feel it in my shoulders and arms. They are working!

How is everyone doing with their pushups? Pat
  • I just repeated Week 2 Day 1 tonight, felt ok, but tough. I'm still doing them against a 28" counter.
  • Week 2-Day2: Max 16 - total 50 That's so cool to me! It'll be AWEWSOME when I can do 50 in one set!
  • I'm joining this program. I'm 'officially' starting Tuesday.
  • SHARI!! I'm SO glad you're here! This is fun! (honestly - I never thought Pushups would be fun!) I've MISSED YOU!!!!
  • Quote: SHARI!! I'm SO glad you're here! This is fun! (honestly - I never thought Pushups would be fun!) I've MISSED YOU!!!!
    *jumps up and down* Enylove! I'm trying, really trying. Miss you SOOOO much!
  • W2-D3: Max 16 - total 52! I'll do the end week 2 test tomorrow and report.
  • Hi All~I started over with week 1 day 1 4 x 5 sets of push ups. Thanks Pat
  • I did the end of week 2 test this morning - and I was able to do 23 pushups with out dying! I'll do week 3 day one today, and I remain in the middle column. This is so cool! I NEVER thought I'd be able to do more then 10 at a time!
  • I Finally got day 1, week 1 under my belt. Took me long enough. Felt like I could have done more....
  • Okay...I've been lurking and reading and DOING this challenge but not posting (I'm a slacker).

But I just finished Week 3 Day 1 and ouch. ! Ouch! I did the re-test on Friday and both my hubby and I managed 30 each which put us into the 3rd column. I was all like "cool! we're rocking this challenge!"

Um, then we did today's pushups.
    5 sets - 25, 17, 17, 15 and max (at least 25).
    I did 26 the last set - which made it a total of 100 pushups.
    Then I collapsed onto my face (literally) and lay on the floor panting.
    I'm really proud but wow. I am already sore. I think there is going to be some ibuprofen and maybe a heating pad for me tonight!
  • Hi Everyone~I went back and re-read the instructions for week one. I had a very duh moment. I am misreading the chart. Now I think I am on the right track. I will take a rest day between workouts. Ready for week 1 day 2. On the road to a stronger upper body. Be honest, did any one else misunderstand the chart? I was going across instead of down. Pat
  • I'll give this a shot.

I'll start level 3 Day 1 tonight. 100 sounds undoable now, but it'll be fun to try.
  • Pat -
    I didn't understand the column/row/setup at first. Took my husband and I together to decipher it!
  • Can you explain it to me? I am VERY confuses. Maybe I didn't do as many as I should have. I am on Week 1, level 2.