PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink PCOS WL Support June

Hi Cysters.

First I thought I would start with a Definition of PCOS:

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – A genetically-linked hormonal imbalance that prevents ovulation. PCOS also may cause overproduction of estrogen, abnormal thickening of the uterine lining, very heavy and/or irregular periods, as well as acne and facial hair. The latter are caused by an overproduction of male hormones, including testosterone. -- There are tons of info out there on the web, so if you want more info, just go to your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc) and type in PCOS. Another great site (besides this one of course for info is: Soul Cysters. Also here are a couple links for Forum Abbreviations: Basic Forum Abbreviations and the TTC/Infertility Abbreviations

I have decided to bring back the daily thread support again because I could use it and I am sure others on here could as well. I really hate this disease. It makes me angry because I feel like I have lost control of my body, like someone else is "at the wheel" and keeps driving me off into a Gigantic Ditch over and over again.

But I plan getting up, dusting myself off and trying again. I plan on doing some more research and try to work with this stinkin' disease instead of against it.

So please come and join me, won't you? If you or someone you know has PCOS and you want support in WL and just general everyday support, please come and join us. You do not have to necessarily have to be TTC or not TTC. I am currently not TTC, but if you are, then that is wonderful too. If you do not have PCOS and maybe are just curious about the disease, then feel free to join us as well. Everybody is Welcome!!

Hope to Chat with you Soon!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #2  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hey Sassy!

LOL I guess you can say I always wait for you to post this up and THEN I go ahead and post myself.

Well we were TTC but decided to hold off because I want to be at a healthy weight first and now I am on my way to getting there (with some help of course).

How are you doing??? And how is everyone else???

I hope everyone comes back and starts posting again. We all always seem to reunite at one point or another so thats a good thing.

I miss chatting with my all the ladies and I hope we can all come back and support each other til the very end.

xoxo

Mally
Old 06-12-2008, 02:06 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Hi Mally.

I have been better to tell the truth, have just had some issues at work, but I am working on it. We do want kids, but I don't see how its gonna happen unless the weight comes off of me..........Still strugglin with that, but not giving up yet!

Glad your doing well!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Hi girls! I'd love to post with you guys! This disease definitely made me want to give up. It's like my body was working against all my efforts.

Wanna post little introductions? Here's mine:

Date Diagnosed: May 2006
Diet Plan and Date Started: Atkins, and using daily ketone test strips; started June 1, 2008.
Medications/Supplements: Insulite
Exercise Plan: Strength train 2-3x/wk; horseback riding 3x/wk; barn work 5hrs/wk
PCOS Thoughts and Frustrations: Well a few weeks ago I read in the Insulite pamphlet that PSOC'as store 3/4 of a carb-rich food as fat, while a normal woman stores only 1/4 and then burns the rest as fuel. Then I thought, 'well if I don't eat carbs, and put myself into ketosis, then my body as nothing to store.' So I tried it. I've lost a pound per day and haven't slowed down. I'm hoping once the weight is off I can introduce SMALL amounts of grains back into my diet. I'm also looking forward to getting my period back to regular... if that's possible! It's been absent for a few months now I'm not TTC. I have a boyfriend who lives in Pittsburgh and is visiting me this weekend. I told him NO JUNK FOOD. I might make myself a cauliflower pizza crust (to die for) and try a recipe for low-carb frozen cheesecake (and have a small slice).

Last edited by Michelle125; 06-12-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #5  
~Believe~

Wink Welcome Michelle!!

Hello and to our little thread, Michelle.

Intro:

Name: Sassy
Date Diagnosed: 2001
Diet Plan and Date Started: I am doing nothing right now. I may try the Raw Food Plan. I have been here since April of 06' and haven't lost an ounce. I am severely struggling. But the people here in the forum are just wonderful and so supportive, no matter what. They keep me semi-sane.
Exercise Plan: Nothing. (I need to work on that)
PCOS Thoughts and Frustrations: There is not enough space to put all of that. I've been dealing with it too dang long! lol. My biggest frustrations are the stupid side effects of the disease and the stupid drs. who think that if we lose weight it will be MAGIC and everything will go back working correctly. Basically Fertility Drs in general make me wanna puke. I had one bad experience and she left a very very bad taste in my mouth. I had an excellent RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) in Upstate NY and we had to move in 03' back to Ohio.

I have had several tests, all have come out fine, only thing wrong with me is I just do not Ovulate, been put on Clomid a few times (it has never worked), they put me on Metamorphin which made me sicker than a dog. I am now on Fortamet, which is a form of Met, but its different and it does not make me sick. I have a full blown Type II Diabetic and I am awful at it. My dr probably wants to knock me over the head but he is so kind. He keeps wanting my blood (for my A1C -- checks your blood sugars for I think 3 months). I have a spinal injury so I am stuck working in a stupid office which I absolutely hate. I think if I did lose some weight I could take a different job and my back may not bother me as much, but as I get older, it gets worse.......and it won't ever go away and they don't want to do back surgery on me if they don't absolutely have too and I am not totally debilitated so no surgery for me, thanks.

I am a total Mt. Dewaholic and fast food JUNKIE. That is my "poison" of choice and its literally killing me. I did this to myself. I kept putting the bad foods and drinks in my body and saw what it was doing, but I never stopped!! What is wrong with me???!!! Why can't I just stop it???!!!

UGH I am a complete total mess right now, as I am having work issues. That is a BIG factor in my stress level right now. If I can get out of that place I think I would be a completely different person!!!

Well that is all. I bet your sorry you asked now, right? lol.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  

Sassy chick,

I'm NOT sorry I asked!!! I'm so sorry you've gone through all that. I know what it's like to be addicted to fast food. That was me in college. McDonald's for breakfast at one point!!! I was drinking and eating myself into ablivion. Then I moved home after I graduated and ate all the healthy stuff my mom makes, and dropped 20lbs, but THAT'S IT. I didn't realize carbs, even healthy ones, were keeping me fat because of my PCOS.

All I can say is just make gradual changes. Go to a local farmer's market and enjoy the experience of buying fresh produce. It can be great therapy. Then just feel what your body experiences after different types of meals. You will soon realize you feel depressed, moody, and cr@ppy from the processed, fast food. And soon you will crave mostly fresh, healthy things.

Can you promise yourself 10 minutes of walking a day? After 10 minutes, you can allow yourself to stop. I think you will find eventually you'll last longer and longer each time, because you WANT to and you feel good.

I know how you feel. I was completely a couch potato, a junk-food addict, and it hurt to even look in the mirror. If I can overcome this, you can, too. All it takes is one bite of junk food to get me addicted (if the taste doesn't completely appal me!). You'll be amazed at how BAD junk food tastes, once you start switching over.

Just a note... I've never had success like this before, losing so much weight and having such small cravings. The first few days I'd have killed for a peice of bread, but now it doesn't even cross my mind. And seeing a 10lb loss in the last 10 days is an amazing motivator. Us PCOS'as are SO sensitive. The smallest set back and we spiral downhill, emotionally and physically.

I highly recommended the Insulite supplements. They will help restore natural nutrients in our brain and body that are making us lethargic and depressed. I felt better within days of taking them.

Just please realize you're not a bad person for having this junk-food addiction, and not exercising. It's not your fault. The junk food and this condition are keeping you addicted and your hands tied. Doctors can tell you all the information you need to hear, but without being able to get ourselves out of the trench it's all useless. You must fix yourself from the inside, before you can fix the outside. It's almost like you have to change your mind, think of yourself as a thin athlete with tons of energy, or picture yourself as how you wish to be.

We are all here for you, 24/7!!! Don't give up!! Just keep trying!

OH one more thing (a sad thing)! My editor just emailed me. She said her brother-in-law has a baseball-sized tumor in his brain and has less than 7 months to live. He has 5 kids ages 7-21. Just like that, he has a few months to live. So sad, and what a tragedy. If we all suddenly found out we had only 7 months to live, would we be proud of the choices we've made up until now? If we knew our lives were coming to an end, would we be happy with how our life has turned out? I am sure if this man could, he'd give ANYTHING to have his biggest problem be weight and eating right. Losing weight is such a simple thing, when you really think about it, but it just seems hard.

Last edited by Michelle125; 06-12-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Cool SASSY's BACK YA'ALL!!! HA HA!

Hi All

Well I feel much better. I heard some news from someone and made me feel much better. Basically negative nasty people aren't gonna break me. I have too many people who love and care about me, I don't need people like that to get me down. I have much better things to do with my time than bother worrying about any of those losers. People who hate others usually are intimated by them -- see my quote, I LOVE IT! HA HA! So SASSY CHICA is BACK YA'ALL!!!!

Oh and I found this and I thought it was so cute:

Thought we all could use Calgon to "Take us away" right girls? And the kitty cat looks like mine, only mine is a whole lot FATTER!!! lol. But I still wuvs him, he's my baby. lol.

Have a Great Day, You all are WONDERFUL!!!

Michelle: You're right. I did get down but there was a reason. I know it was stupid to do that, but eh, I am human. I know about cancer, my step dad died from it and we were all there with him in the end. He was only 50 yrs old and he died in less than 7 days after his diagnosis and he was just screened a few months earlier because he had skin cancer and they thought they got the tumor all out, but it spread to his liver, spleen, intestines, basically all over. My mom lost the love of her life and their house, her car, everything. It was totally devastating. He was a kind and great man and if he were here he would tell me the exact same thing you did I am sure. I sure miss him. Big to your editor and her brother-in-law and their family, my heart goes out to them.

And here is another one for ya'all emphasizing what Michelle was talking about and we all need to keep in mind:

Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Question Where did everybody go?

Hello???? Is anybody here??? lol.

How is everybody? I re-start our monthly thread and nobody posts? lol. I see many people have viewed it, so leave a message already! lol.

Things for me are ok. One more night (tonight) and I'm off until Sunday night. So YAY!

Anyways, I hope all is well with ya'all.

If you can read this -- LEAVE A MESSAGE!!! We want to hear from ya!

I hope I didn't scare anybody off! lol.

Off to bed now! TTYL!!!

Big
Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #9  

Hi girls!!

Had a super busy weekend, so I'm just getting around to posting. Up 3lbs from the weekend, but hey I still lost 7lbs in the last 10 days! Plus it could be water. I ate a little more cheese than usual, and had some low-carb ice cream, which I swear after one serving I craved MORE of it, so ate 1/2 the container. The next time I have a craving I'm just gonna go for the real thing! That will leave me satisfied
Old 06-18-2008, 02:18 AM   #10  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hey Ladies!!

I am here ... everytime I get on the computer I always post somewhere. I amsaving up enough money to get a new one so in the mean time I either use my moms or my phone and right now T-Mobile doesnt like me so its 11:15pm here in California in the front house on my moms computer.

Yesterday I stayed home from because I was not feeling good at all. Today I went walking with my BFF and my dog so that was nice. Got to talk about a lot and also got to walk the poor dog that hasnt been out in like forever LOL.

I have to hit the gym this week or my trainer will call me and ask why I havent been.

I am glad you ladies are doing good and Sassy I know you have the will power to stay strong. I know about your MT. Dew cravings because OH BOY! Do I have those too. You know what I do now. I bough this big water bottle at victoria secret (Its pink so I had to get it LOL) And I take it everywhere I go. Its not a bad thing either because anywhere I am I know I shouldnt spend that extra money on that bottle of Mt. Dew because I have water with me. THINK WATER! lol

Michelle how are you doing???
Old 06-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Oh wow..I had no idea this was here!! LoL!!! Hi everyone
Old 06-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #12  
~Believe~

Wink Hello Ladies

Hey Girls.

I have limited myself to one mt. dew a shift and I work 13 hr (well I guess "Technically" 12.5 but still.....) shifts ladies -- nights so I think that is pretty darn good and sometimes I don't even finish that one!!! and I have been drinking more water!!!

But eating wise AAAAACKKKK! Not doing great!!! But I can do better. Exercise: I have been incorporating more steps when up and about as possible.

to our thread, Francie!

Oh and did ya'all know that Kate from Jon & Kate + 8 has PCOS? If any of you don't watch the tv show on TLC, they have 8 children. They had twins the first time and sextuplets the second time and yes they had fertility treatments. She had An IUI -- intrauterine insemination

So never ever lose hope all.

Have a Magnificent Day!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #13  

Wow I didn't know she had PCOS! I want lots of kids (I think, lol), so that's good news!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Wow..I didnt know she has PCOS!! I dont think I want that many kids though, lol. I just want maybe 2 or 3 kids, and thats it!! LoL!! We'll be back on the baby track after we move..I've lost 15 pounds total, so maybe that will help a little bit too??

Sassy~Yay for drinking more water and less Mt. Dew. Mmm, now I want some, and I dont drink caffine that much, lol.

I need to start eating better too. Lately its like I dont even bother eating. I wont eat breakfast, but I'll have a really big lunch, then nothing for dinner. And I'll just walk everywhere. I used to do that in high school ALL the time and my weight stayed the same. Which its doing now. I did eat breakfast today though. I wanted Cheerios really bad, lol. And I gotta have my chocolate milk, lol. I will be eating lunch..its the other half of my sub. So ya..I guess today is an eating day, lol. We'll see if I make it to dinner though.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #15  
~Believe~

Wink Hola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Wow..I didnt know she has PCOS!! I dont think I want that many kids though, lol. I just want maybe 2 or 3 kids, and thats it!! LoL!! We'll be back on the baby track after we move..I've lost 15 pounds total, so maybe that will help a little bit too??

Sassy~Yay for drinking more water and less Mt. Dew. Mmm, now I want some, and I dont drink caffine that much, lol.

I need to start eating better too. Lately its like I dont even bother eating. I wont eat breakfast, but I'll have a really big lunch, then nothing for dinner. And I'll just walk everywhere. I used to do that in high school ALL the time and my weight stayed the same. Which its doing now. I did eat breakfast today though. I wanted Cheerios really bad, lol. And I gotta have my chocolate milk, lol. I will be eating lunch..its the other half of my sub. So ya..I guess today is an eating day, lol. We'll see if I make it to dinner though.

Ya and what I love is she is skinny and has PCOS!!! So its not just the weight that the drs keep harping about. So HA stupid drs! lol. WTG on the 15 lbs. I just need to get into gear and get movin'. I haven't been eating either. Seems to happen to me at my "lunch" time at work. So I have been eating these new things from Pringles, called Pringles Stix. They are all under 100 calories per pack! My fav is the Pizza, I swear to you it tastes just like a slice of pizza!!! The Honey Butter ones are okay too. I haven't tried the Vanilla or the Crunchy Wheat. But that is what I have been munching on at lunch instead of eating. I just am not that hungry at lunch, so I figure why eat something big if I don't want it??? Oh and the Pringles are in the chip isle next to the regular Pringles. AT lest they were in Wally World. I have also got some of the Pringles Select, I have the Cheddar. Not too bad. I wanna try the Cinnamon Sweet Potato!!! I didn't know they had that one! They aren't too bad on Calories and stuff, about 130 Calories 70 from Fat, for 1 oz or 22 Crisps and 190 in Sodium. I compared them to the Baked Lays, the Cheddar and Sour Cream baked Lays have 120 Calories, 30 from fat and 210 sodium for the same amount 1 oz. So okay not the most healthiest snack, but I don't think the worst.

Anywho..............I hope you all are doing well!!!!

Closed Thread