Won't be posting for a while

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So ladies, for the past (more than a few) months I've made no progress, I've started over about a million times and I'm falling deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. I've learned over the past few years that being honest with myself and holding myself accountable which is why I'm going to face a problem I have that is bigger than my problem with food. For those of you who know me from when I first started posting you will remember that for a long time I've also struggled with alcohol.

I was doing very well for a long while but it has escalated and I am no longer in the drivers seat with this one. It is a major problem and I just cannot concentrate on weight loss until I am sober. all the time. I know some weight loss will come with this as most days I probably drink close to 3 times what I eat in calories in a day...and lets be realistic, no matter how good my food is I'm just going to keep gaining and being miserable if I'm downing multiple bottles of wine in a night.

I'll just say I'm seeking out help in another 'support group' for the time being and for those of you that read my blog (when I actually post) I'll try to put updates there as this website is not the place for those updates. I may lurk from time to time as I get better and hope to eventually be in a better place and posting more and back on track but I need to deal with this other issue first.

All my love and best wishes until I'm back.

Sunshine
  • Hey, NESunshine,

As someone whose last drink was 21+ years ago, I can say--good luck to you, and you can do it. I couldn't imagine life without alcohol, but I found that not only was it possible, it was way, way better.

I put on a lot of weight during my drinking days, and yes, much of it was because I was drinking. Plus my nutrition was not good, as you can imagine.

Stay sober. Don't hesitate to get help.

Jay

• I know you can do this!!

I wish you all the best!
  • Go get healthy and don't be a stranger! We are rooting for you in this as in weight loss success.

• Know that we will be here waiting for your return!
    Safe journey, you are in my thoughts.
  • to you for recognizing you need to make a change and for not making excuses instead (from the queen of excuse making ) Everyone at 3FC will be sending positive thoughts your way and waiting for you to rejoin us again when you are ready.
  • Wishing you peace and love, Sunshine....
  • You have all of our support Sunshine! Stop back in if you need any more of it
  • Sunshine, go do what you need to do. We'll be here for you when you come back.
  • I think you are wise to face the bigger issue right now. Sending good thoughts your way and hoping you find strength and peace. {{{{Hugs}}}
  • *hugs*
    I wish you much success on this leg of your journey!
  • Good luck to you. Please let us know how you're doing.
  • It sounds like you are doing what is absolutely best for your life right now. I am so impressed with your resolve! Good luck on your journey!
  • Congratulations for your self-honesty, and best wishes in this next phase of your journey. I look forward to getting to know you when you come back.
  • Bright Blessings to you!