What are your goals/motivations/rewards?

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • I thought the $5 idea of Erika's was great too! somehow I think it loses some meaning on a combined income though... Especially since I just went out last friday and bought 4 pairs of shoes. They were on sale and pretty, what can I say.

the hubby-to-be thought it was a great idea about getting a tattoo when I reach goal though! gives him an excuse to get one too. Now he's super supportive. I'm looking for a dragonfly design but no idea where to put it...
  • Paula- I am totally with you on the tattoos. I have some on my back that never get seen - I mean first and foremost I get my tattoos for me - but showing them off would be a nice change.
  • Quote: They were on sale and pretty, what can I say.
    Thats all that has to be said . Its actually a girl rule I think, if shoes are pretty and on sale, one must buy said shoes. I own 6 pairs of chucks in various colors because they were on sale (way on sale). Did I need 6 pairs of chucks? No, I already owned three pairs. But hey, SALE. And later I had to put an additional pair because 9 seemed like an akward number, but 10 seemed good.
  • I'd love to get a tattoo when I hit goal. It's pretty close though, so we'll see. I'd get a ladybug (they have a huge significance in my life, so really there's no question as to what I would get permanently put on my body), but I haven't decided where to put it. I'd like for it to be visible when I wear a tank top in the summer but when it comes to wearing a wedding dress, etc, I would prefer it not be too noticeable. I was thinking the back of my shoulder. My mom suggested I get it for my 21st birthday (next year), but perhaps I will get it before then, when I hit goal, to celebrate my newfound confidence!
  • Quote: Thats all that has to be said . Its actually a girl rule I think, if shoes are pretty and on sale, one must buy said shoes. I own 6 pairs of chucks in various colors because they were on sale (way on sale). Did I need 6 pairs of chucks? No, I already owned three pairs. But hey, SALE. And later I had to put an additional pair because 9 seemed like an akward number, but 10 seemed good.
    Haha, I wish. I've always had massive feet. It's hard to find pretty shoes in a 10.5/11. Not to mention that I have a lot of trouble wearing high heels. Is that a weight thing? Or rather, does my weight make it more difficult than it is for other women? Because it gets pretty awful.
  • Quote: Haha, I wish. I've always had massive feet. It's hard to find pretty shoes in a 10.5/11. Not to mention that I have a lot of trouble wearing high heels. Is that a weight thing? Or rather, does my weight make it more difficult than it is for other women? Because it gets pretty awful.
    Hm, I'm not sure. I fall on my butt everytime I wear a pair of heels. So, I don't really wear heels anymore. Just the half inch ones to work, after I got yelled at for wearing one of the 10 pairs of chucks.

I have a hard time finding shoes too! I'm a 9.5/10, but I have super narrow feet. Its very annoying.
  • I love the tattoo idea too. I want to get either wings on my sholder blades or maybe a pin up chick when I hit my major goal. Or, and its kind of silly, I want a lower back tattoo (aka tramp stamp). I've always thought of that as "something skinny girls do". So, I want one when I'm a skinny girl!

I already have three, a dove, a star and moon, and a sugar skull. They're addicting.
  • Some of my motivations for losing weight are:
    -To feel strong, lean, healthy and confident
    -To be a good role model for the rest of my family, and to help to encourage them to eat healthier
    -To stop obsessing about my weight. I want to start focusing on other goals and I feel its time to really lose my excess weight once and for all and to maintain
    -To develop a healthy relationship with food and start to get rid of my eating disordered thinking and behaviours
    -To develop more confidence and to bring that into my career and dating lives
    -To start salsa lessons, and to go back to ballroom dancing lessons, and to compete next year
    -To run a half marathon this summer

My rewards are mainly just the psychological and physical benefits of losing weight. At the end of my weight loss I will most definately go on a shopping spree!
  • My number one motivating factor -- meeting my best friend (and hopeful future husband) of 11 years for the first time. He's been my absolute everything since I was 11 years old, and until last week I had never given him a picture. It's been more than a friendship for many years now, and I didn't want him to not like me. But, he is more than understanding, and says he loves me even more.

SO, the plan is for me to fly there in August and spend a week with him. That means I have to work my butt off!! Exercise exercise exercise! =]

When it comes down to it...
    I want to lose weight for me. A self esteem boost would be wonderful!
    He's just a perk in the plan!