wow so rude!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • my g/f called me upset - at work in her lunchroom, she was telling her girlfriends she's lost 10 lbs. (yay!), and they were all congratulating her, EXCEPT one woman said to her "well, you wouldn't have to lose it in the first place if you hadn't let yourself go" wow how she didn't slug her in the face i do not know!
  • That is very rude...I can't believe how unthoughtful people can be at times
  • It amazes me how rude people are. Why did she feel the need to put her comments in? No one asked her for her opinion. And if that is how she feels then why does she need to bring your friend down. She should keep her opinion to herself. Dumb lady... People make me so mad... Does she think she is helping the situation by making mean comment..
  • My favorite response to that kind of thing is to look at the person with a slightly stunned look on my face and then to say "Are you aware that you just said that out loud?"

It's amazing how embarassed and flustered people will get when you call them on their bad manners.

• Unfortunately, I think we all know people like this... my DH is one of them and my mom's best friend is another. I can imagine those exact words coming from their mouths. Infuriating!!

Quote: My favorite response to that kind of thing is to look at the person with a slightly stunned look on my face and then to say "Are you aware that you just said that out loud?"
    Fantastic!!! I am going to have to remember that.
  • I like Photochicks response. People like that lady behave in that manner because they get away with it. But, I believe that what goes around always comes around. One day, she's gonna say something rude to the wrong person...and she better watch out! There's always a bigger bully waiting around the corner somewhere and she could get seriously hurt if she encounters the wrong kind.
  • Ugh. Some people just shouldn't leave the house. Ever.
  • yeah i'm like "having problems with that internal censor again aren't you?"
  • photochick, what a great response. I am going to try to remember to use that one next time I need it!
    ooh, good one too Nessa! You guys are quick.
  • How rude! Good heavens some people need their tongues clipped. "let yourself go..." omg, I would have had to smack her.
  • Wow...I have no words for that one! Some people have no tact!
  • Ok, I'm totally gonna be grade-school here, but she could have said "I can fix being overweight, but you'll always be a b*!*h."
  • ^^Oh no, I would have gone there, too. What a jerk.
  • Quote: "Are you aware that you just said that out loud?"
    Oh that's very nice. I like that. ^^^

---

It's such a shame that the woman was so jealous of your friend's moment in the sun for having accomplished a wonderful thing like losing 10 whole pounds, that she had to make some rude remark.
  • Quote: My favorite response to that kind of thing is to look at the person with a slightly stunned look on my face and then to say "Are you aware that you just said that out loud?"

It's amazing how embarassed and flustered people will get when you call them on their bad manners.

That's a brilliant response! Hopefully it might also make her wonder what people are thinking about her and not saying out loud and give her a few tearful moments. It's only fair.