TBL "Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat

You're on Page 29 of 29
Go to
  • JustKeepSwimming: I can't say that happens to me, I workout at home, but I think it would be really funny to see someone laughing at the gym...that's great, that means you are probably not bored. I do watch tv, or even read, sometimes when I am on the stationary bike at home. I try to distract myself in any way I can, I hate cardio!!!

Well, I started off the day awesomely. My husband asked if I wanted to go for a walk, his usual route which is challenging. I said yes...I knew it would be hard because there were steep hills involved but I didn't realize how hard and how long we would walk. I had to stop a few times going up the hills, they were so intense. We ended up walking 85 minutes! I was DEAD when we got home. The worst was that when we got back to our apartment complex, we had to walk up one last steep hill and I almost didn't make it. So, that was my exercise for today.

We were asked to go to a bbq where they were making fajitas and things, and were sort of pressured, but we only said we might come and we don't plan on going. I know how I get at social situations: I feel awkward and nervous and so I eat to feel better. I know that I would eat like crap if we went. I've stayed on plan all of today and have a plan for tonight. We are going to have pizza......................but they are whole wheat pita pizzas, so they fit into my plan.

I am down 5 something pounds since weigh-in day, but I weighed in on the first day, so it's been more than a week. I lost 2 something lbs this week. Hopefully I can keep this pace up. Right now is the end of the semester, so it's a real challenge to stay on plan and get in exercise, but I will find a way and not let you guys down!
  • Lean Cuisine Red Beans and Rice (for purplefirefly)
    Here's what I did:
    1 cup rice
    3.5 cups water
    1 can red beans, drained
    1/2 tsp cumin (needed more - I used maybe 3/4 tsp)
    1 cup FF cheese (you could use less, but I wouldn't. Start with 1/2 cup and add as you like.)
    1/2 cup FF sour cream (so yummy, but could definitely use less - next time I will try 1/3 cup. 1/4 would probably be OK)
    salt and pepper to taste
    Cook rice and stir in all other ingredients
    Rice turns to mush in the crockpot - I don't recommend it.
    *This would be really good with hillshire farms lite turkey kielbasa and/or onion/bell peppers. The original LC version has a little bit of corn, too.
  • Cheetara...thanks so much for that recipe! I am trying it tomorrow. I am going to do the beans overnight in crockpot since I bought the dry ones, will make rice and put beans over it and mix it all together or something.

Today makes a full week OP and I feel really proud of myself. I'm too tired to catch up tonight but wanted to give a shout out to mugsy...girl, hubby goes back on the road in the AM and I am going to catch you in the exercise challenge I have to do a bunch the next three days to meet my webwalking goal so watch out...I'm coming after ya
  • Please start a new thread