A No Excuses Week -- Join Us!

You're on Page 2 of 13
Go to
  • Joining in. Heaven knows I've got alot of excuses. Maybe reporting them before hand will help.
  • I would say count me in, but I'm going out of town Thurs-Sun and while I'll try to make good choices I can't guarantee anything. Can we do this again next week?
  • I'm In
    I'm in. I started today thinking of why I wouldn't make my planned walks and gym sessions, so I throw them in along with eating on plan.

• I'm in! As some of you know I've cut out sweets & alcohol for April, and have otherwise stayed OP (that is, on losing plan!) for the month food and exercise-wise. I'm finally budging some of the weight that crept up a year ago, then I couldn't get off when I tried earlier this year. It's been coming off slowly but my food motivation has been lagging a bit this week, with 2 overeating episodes this past weekend. I need a "no excuses" week to rev up my motivation. For this week, I pledge to:

- Get in 3 NRLW strength training workouts
    - Do 4-5 cardio sessions
    - 1-2 full rest days, or 1 rest day + 1 yoga day
    - Eat at a "losing" calorie level, keep it up to 1700 a day. Can have 1 day under 2000. Follow my usual eating plan - lean protein, veggies & fruits, dairy, fiber, minimally processed food.
    - Since April is ending, if I choose to have a drink or a dessert this weekend, it must fit into my calorie goals.
    - Get enough sleep each night.
    - Try to deal with stress in a healthy manner.

I think my main issues to deal with from this past weekend are boredom from being so strict for a month now, BLTs, BLTs turning into snacks turning into snacks with many courses, a little bit of the usual roommate stressors, and peanut butter.

Tammy, I don't need that peanut butter, and neither do you! Let's stay out of the jar together. Mel, you too!

Meg, great job yesterday! I hope today goes just as well.

Keep it up everyone! We can do this!
  • Good morning,

Just having my coffee - then heading for 25-30 min on the elliptical.
    Planning out my menu in my head for today.
    Think I will put it all into fitday 1st and see how it all pans out.

Congrats to all you POP folks.
    -S
  • I'm in.

Come see the food and exercise accountability thread -- it really helps.

Stay strong everyone!
  • Can I join?

I had a slip on Fri & Sat but managed to get back OP yesterday, so I'll count yesterday as my 1st day. Today is going well, breakfast & lunch & snacks are planned for the day (just finished munching on my baby carrots). Dinner plans already going in my head so I can start cooking as soon as I get home.

I will also make all of you a promise... drum roll please. I will work out 3 times this week , I have a weight training video and I'll do 30 mins of that 3 times this week. This is a HUGE deal for me b/c unfortunately the exercise part of my new life style is non-existent , I honestly hate working out. So there, that's my promise to you all!
  • Never too late to join...I'm in!!!

Breakfasts and lunches are never a problem--dinners can be, but I've written down a meal plan for the week and everything should be good. Since I'm having varicose vein surgery tomorrow, I'm "forced" to walk an hour a day (don't know if I'll run or not for the first 7-10 days) but I will get the walking done. DD suggested I lift some hand weights while watching TV. Anything to overcome my bat arms!!! Oh, and I'm still working on getting DH to join a gym with me.
  • No excuses on food? Or no excuses on exercise? Because FOOD I can do!! I KNOW I can! Exercise is another story. I wanted to work out tonight but I really am so tired and I have a headache... I don't think it's a great idea to push it and make it worse. Is that an excuse? Or am I in the right way of thinking? Be brutally honest with me, I can take it!

I started my week off with a 6 point deficit. Plan is to save 1 - 2 points each day, plus exercise at least 2x this week to make up. I LOVE my eating plan, I eat just about anything I want and for 4 weeks now I have stayed w/in plan except for my Sundays where I allow a few extra points (I w/i on Sunday and I face a LOT of food challenges during the week - I work at Starbucks, need I say more???).

So count me in on NO EXCUSES. It's my motto
  • you know what? I'm just going to get on my elliptical and see how far I get!
  • 25 min on the elliptical my chickies Thanks to you guys I "just did it"
  • Renee, you rock!! You're my inspiration for today!
  • Thanks Meg! How's that for tables turning? Normally YOU are my inspiration!

Only 3.5 points deficit now! whoo hoo!
  • I just made 8 dozen cookies. They are calling me..... OK, I feel better just admitting that. Time for a cup of tea instead.
  • Okay, here we go!

Monday

b - 1/2 cup Nature's path pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - 1/2 pack of strawberries

L - salmon salad (lite mayo, onions, pickles) on 2 pieces toasted whole grain bread

S - 25 calorie cocoa (since I can't give it up, I found a 25 calorie version without transfats - Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets)

S - tangelo

S - Baby carrots

D - Big salad with spinach leaves, red onion, shredded carrot, roasted corn, grape tomatoes, grilled chicken, bbq sauce