Coffee sweetener

• My one vice is a good cup of coffee in the morning. I've tried Equal and Splenda but I just don't care for the taste. Can any one recommend a good alternative to sugar?

Thanks!

Pam
  • I don't want to sound weird... but what kind of coffee are you drinking? Maybe you just need a better coffee and you won't need the sugar?

I'm not a sugar person myself, but IF I had to use sugar I prefer the real thing to artificial sweetners. How much sugar do you actually use/need in your coffee? Can you not just have it as it's what you really want and count the points?
  • I have never had any luck with anything but splenda, and sometimes even that sucks in coffee. If i have spare points I love to put hot chocolate mix in my coffee.
  • I calculated that I like my coffee with 3 tablespoons of fat free 1/2 & 1/2 and 3 teaspoons of sugar. I think that equates to 1 point. Not bad to have it the way I like it.

Velveteen - I use Boca Java Mocha Java or Ocean Drive. It is good coffee but I just like it on the sweet side.
  • Coffee addict here too! I love the Carnation Vanilla Creamer. The regular one equals to 2 points for a large cup of coffee. I recently purchased the Fat Free and Sugar Free version to try which equals out to 1 point. I like the Fat Free better so that is what I use. I just decided to incorporate that favorite thing into my daily plan.
  • I know you tried the other artificial sweeteners, but have you tried Sweet 'n Low? I put 2 sweet n lows and 1 Equal in my coffee, and it tastes about the same (to me anyway) as the 6 teaspoons of sugar I used to put in my coffee

Oh, I just thought of Stevia. I think low carbers use it.