Sushi Points??

• Does anyone know how to find out the points in sushi? I can't find a restaurant on the web with sushi to figure it out.
    I like tuna rolls, avocado rolls, and california rolls. Really I could just eat any of it.

thanks for your help. I read your comments often, but this is my first post.
  • I found this pretty cool sushi nutrition chart. They're estimates, of course, but they have a good amount of rolls. Just click "Rolls" down towards the bottom for the charts.

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm

I should note that I'm leery of their Avocado roll numbers. I generally count an avocado roll at about 1 point per piece.
  • The complete food guide has the totals for sushi. It is far to much to list. But they range from 2 pints for just the fish to 9 points for some rolls. If your online they may say there.

Amanda
  • I have a problem with sushi point calculations. For a filling meal I eat 3 tuna or salmon rolls. I can't see how they would be so many points. I mean is there really that much rice being used.
  • It isn't the rice. Usually the rice is only 1/2 cup. Tuna & Salmon are fattier fish.
  • Thanks for the great resource Faerie! That looks right to me. I eat about 2 rolls (or the equivalent eating a piece or two of several different kinds of rolls), usually half fish or tofu and half veggie, plus a miso soup and/or seaweed salad. Not too bad!
  • This is helpful. My little WW book I got at my first meeting lists several kinds of sushi.

I am pretty new to eating sushi. So I'm still confused about much of the terminology. When they talk about a roll, do they mean the whole thing? Not just the slices?

There is an Asian buffet near us that we greatly enjoy. The sushi is fresh-made and is very good, though I've never been to a sushi bar to compare.

Just wondering which thing is which, lol.