NSV Challenge (Step Away from the SCALE!!!)

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • ok, here I go (btw sorry for my english, it's just not that good)
    well i'm 23, but i have this pants since I was like 18, they're size 16 and I can't button them. that's my NSV, by the end of may I wil be able to fit them properly.

i'll keep you informed and i hope this post is readble enough.
  • My NSV is as follows:

For the first time ever I did the entire Denise Austin's Cardio Blast. It included 4 workouts and a warm up and cooldown. I have only ever done 2 of teh workouts at a time before.

It's made my day! Whoot whoot!!
  • I originally try to do 4 50-min TBL workouts a week (200 minutes). This week has been crazy and I've only done 1 50-min workout, 1 35-min workout and today, 40 minutes (25 of Cardio Max, 15 of Power Scuplt. I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder and I stopped doing it right away). So far, I have done 125 minutes for the week, and after tomorrow and Friday, I will have done 225 minutes, 25 minutes more than I had already planned
  • I have two NSV for this week.

I have lost half an inch in my waist since the last time i measured...not much but i will taken any difference in the right direction.

Upped my elliptical workout by 5 minutes. Again, not a big deal, but its a baby step in the right direction.
  • I love the idea of no scale because I dropped from a size 22 to 20 and only had a small loss. Than I dropped to 18 And the same. I use the scale 3 times a day. Get my weight 3 times each time than get the avg. I am a scale ahololic. I used to use it about 6 times a day. But, I want to get to the point when the only time I get on it is at the doc's office. And seeing that smaller clothes fit me again hopefully will be enough. Hubby wants baby 3. I love kids but not that much lol.

I before I became pg with son I was a size 4 barley fitting into them ( a bit snug) being 5'10" that is an accomplishment although not healthy accomplishment; but I dealt with anorexia staring at 16 to 18. I am setting an overral goal for size 10.
  • Hello Katrinamaine and welcome. I Know what you mean about being scale obsessed. Its nice to just step away and get perspective sometimes...especially if the scale is being stubborn. Last time my scale was stubborn, i measured and i had actually lost half an inch on my waist...not a huge deal, but it sure felt good since the scale wasnt moving.
  • This is second time dropping with son I put on 98 wonderful "potatoes" and lost al but 25. This time only have 73 to drop before back to the before baby 2 amount. Potatoes in replacement of the other "P" word.

I had hubby take pics every month while I was attmeping to drop inches...So I could see the diff not just in size of pants. It helped alot. Of course they were wearing a cute outfit I cannot show anyone those photos. At the end I hung that "Outfit" in my room on the wall so i could be reminded what I had accomplished. I was suggested each time you drop a pant size turn it into one of those pocket books that used to be really popular. And you will have a bunch of diff sized purses and remember that you have risen above that err gone below it lol.
    Katrina
  • Hi all!

Been awhile since I've posted here but I just realized I have a NSV!

I'm finally down to weighing myself twice a week! Down from like 4-5 times a day!! I've been a crazy scale addict most of my adult life. Each day, I try to remind myself that I'm doing great things for my body. And that no matter what the scale says it shouldn't change how I feel about myself. It's working so far and I'm much more relaxed in general.

Hope you're all doing great. Best of luck to everyone!
  • I've never posted on this thread, but I went to Khols today and bought a couple pair of capri pants. The first pair looked like the usual cut, so I bought a 12. The second pair looked like they were cut slimmer, so I bought a 14. I took them home and tried them on and the 14s were too big. I dont' think I've ever, in my entire life, had to return something for buying it too big! I should add that I started in a very tight 22 and some 24s, so even just shopping in the "regular sizes" is a kick!
  • inches VS Pounds
    3 months after daughter was born I was still wearing maternity pants of the extra large variety. I am down to an 18. I measured myself with measuring tape on May 7, but didn't start trying to to loose inches until the 12th which was the day after mom's day.

Well, I am proud to say I dropped 1/2 from stomach, 1/4" from rear, 1" from thighs all I am really concerned with right now.

I am hoping to by the end of next month to be a size 16. I almost climbed on the scale 3 times today, distracted by phone ring, daughter yelling, and dog wanting to go out. SO to keep from getting on scales you need a small child, a dog and a phone. What next maybe Ed Mcmann (publisher's clearing house).

Katrina
  • Hey all!! i have a couple of NSVs to add here from this week... even though the scaloe isnt budging eight now due to TOM i have got on some combat pants i couldnt do up last week!! im over the moon as i love them!

i also have seen a significant reduction in my side view... front view is still YACK but the side is looking smaller for sure!

i posted some progress pics in the mini goal section if you want to see!

im super happy that i am now a comfortable size 16 bottoms (US 12) i was an 18 (US 14)

• hey guys im a total sale addiction freak. i have had some good NSV today with finding old clothes that look like tents on me now, and having a bit of a photo session to sell them on ebay, and realising how much thinner i am now is really exciting. so i guess i have to ignore the scales if i can..... i have an offical weigh in day in seven ish days im scared i guess, makes me jump on the scales all the time!
  • Nsv challenge:)
    I think this challenge is a great idea. I donīt think itīs a good idea to fall victim to the scale and my plan for this challenge will be to do some form of exercise every day and weight training at least 3 times a week. Also to know how many calories I consume and keep within my calorie budget

Good luck to everyone!
  • I love this thread!!
    I have not stepped on a scale [besides for a dr visit few months back] in years. The actual numbers don't inspire me. I go by my measurements and bmi.

I am new and haven't reached many goals but I have one this week.

Yesterday I renewed my gym membership and I briskly/ran a mile on the treadmill. I am setting a goal to be able to up the miles ever month. 30 days from today I want to be able to make it 2 miles never moving below 4 mph.
  • this is my first NSV post. It will be a doozie, since I've been thinking of them all day!

--biked up the Giant Hill on my commute home, that I'd only ever walked up before
    --biked for my errands today, instead walking or taking the bus
    --did Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred DVD today (I finished it, but I was definitely wiped after!)
    --went to a wedding last week and looked HOT. I felt so good about myself I must have been floating.
    --walked right past a fast-food place and didn't get fries, despite staying at work late and being starving. Instead went to the Japanese place, ordered less calorie-laden and far healthier food, and went back to work for another couple hours.

Keep posting, everyone! It is great to hear everyone else's NSVs!