What do you pay for your gym?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • How much do you pay a month for your gym?
  • I pay $34 and I'm on a one year contract. It's like $45 if you do a month to month without the contract.
  • I pay $45 a month for Gold's Gym. I used to go to Boston Sports Clubs for $75 a month (and that price was WITH a student discount). BSC had nice perks--had swimming pools, tennis courts, towel service, spa-like locker rooms, and flat-screen tvs on all of the cardio machines. But since switching to Gold's, my workouts haven't been any less enjoyable or less effective, so the savings is worth giving up the perks.
  • Mine is $29/month - 2 year contract - Gym is open 24/7

Look for discounts such as thru your employer or insurance carrier.
  • i pay 20.00 for the whole house hold... pretty cool..
  • Yeah, my gym lacks swimming pools and hot tubs and all that jazz. But I live in a small town, it's better than having to drive 15 miles to the gym.
  • $45 per month for the whole family. It's a community gym with NO frills. It's an "annual" contract, but the owner is very lenient if you need to drop out.
  • Absolutely nothing. DH's health insurance pays for each of us a gym membership at participating gyms. I encourage everyone to check with their insurance benefits department to make sure you aren't overlooking this perk. It amazes me that even though it's FREE some people still won't use it.

If we did pay, it would be $45 (each) per month, with no contract.
  • I have a nationwide membership to Ballys. I pay $100/year. I don't go anymore though because well the Ballys closest to me sucks and I rather work out at home.
  • 26$ / month for each person... a contract you need to give 2 months notice if you leave... I live in a smallish town too... there are only 2 gyms one's too far(ish) just out of the way for me... and this one, the owner's a schmuck, I chose the schmuck ...
  • Family membership is about $50/month. We have a great community center with the works: pool, hot tub, raquetball courts, huge cardio & weight rooms, great classes and programs.
  • I pay $10 month to month at 24 hourfitness. I can go to any 24 hour, too. A family member added me to their membership--she pays $30 a month for herself and she gets a deal bc she's a teacher. I still get the same benefits as her though,so I guess I got lucky! : )
  • Ugh, our nearby YMCA wants over $50 a month for one adult. I'd love to join but there's no way I can afford it right now
  • Individual membership - $35 per month. I could add my husband for $27 if he were interested.
  • My "gym" is at home right now, I bought three sets up dumbells, a weight bench, an exercise bike, bands, stepper, a mini stair step, over 30 exercise dvds, a stroller (my boy's that I count as exercise equipment) and I'm about to add a bouncer/mini tramp to my gym. I moved too far from the YMCA that had child care so now I just work out at home. Local gyms here seem to charge $40-50 per month, seems high compared to what others are saying.