I want a bigger butt!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know genetics plays a huge role in the shape and how big it can get, but I notice it has gotten somewhat bigger to my surprise (seems early in my journey for it to change) thanks to my grueling lower body routine (numerous variations of squats, lunges, deadlifts, and step-ups). However, I want it to get BIGGER. Hmmmph, I guess I should just keep on doing what i'm doing.

Did any of you notice a huge difference in the composition of your glutes?
  • I have a lot of extra butt -- you can have some of mine!!! I think it may have something to do with the 7500 steps I've recently climbed
  • "I like big butts and I cannot lie........"

lol, couldn't help myself. Have you seen the u-tube wedding video?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7mAI7lsEfug
  • You otha fellas can't deny...

Sportmom and I think alike....

I have a big booty and I love it and don't want it to go anywhere, just morph along with the rest of me.

Just keep working the lower body (steps and squats are great for a lifted and prominent butt).

Any change I noticed? Yeah, I didn't think anything had changed, but yesterday I notice, okay...don't laugh, I now have those lower back/*** dimples. Didn't have them before.

My hips have gone down several inches, but I still remain bootylicious ; )
  • Squats, lunges, deadlifts, rinse, repeat!

My glutes are definitely higher and more rounded, but my hips are much smaller. Fine by me!

Mel
  • loved that video what a sense of humor that couple has!! Squats, lunges, deadlifts, I agree with Mel ...
  • Quote: Squats, lunges, deadlifts, rinse, repeat!
    Couldn't say it better myself!
  • Dang...I am waiting for my weight work to kick in some butt but it is still non-existant. No hips, no butt.
  • My sister describes my butt as J.Lo on the bottom, Beyonce on the Top, and myself in the middle, lol. The "middle" is the only part I'm not happy with, but I guess I should continue with my deadlifts, squats, lunges, etc.

Thanks gals...nice to know i'm not the only one who wants and appreciates a bigger and nicely shaped bum...funny video too!!!
  • ennay- I think you are running your butt off...literally!
  • Does your gym have the perpetual staircase? Thats the BEST for your butt! also lunges while holding dumbbells.
  • Quote: Does your gym have the perpetual staircase? Thats the BEST for your butt! also lunges while holding dumbbells.
    You were watching me Wednesday, weren't you.
  • My gym has one but I was always afraid of falling off the darn thing, but I think I"ll try it. When ever I use the crosstrainer I hike it up to the level that only works the bum AND boy do I feel it.
  • Quote: ennay- I think you are running your butt off...literally!
    lol, possibly, although I never had a butt, even when I was fat and lazy. FLAT as a droopy pancake!
  • Funny, I'd donate to some of you. My butt is always, um, prominant, just proportionately smaller when I'm thinner. My mother (and my father's sisters) had the same body shape, so I come by it honestly. My mother, however, lost most of hers in her 50's. I'm still waiting...... My sister however, got a body from another part of the family - she has the "flat droppy" butt.