Crocs Footwear: Love 'em or hate 'em?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I just bought a new pair of Crocs last weekend. They are chocolate brown in color and the Mary Jane style. I LOVE THESE SHOES! They are really comfortable and I even walked around the flea market for 2 hours without a problem, and I have a bum knee! I just wanted to see what others thought of these shoes in general since they were introduced 5 years ago. I find people either love 'em or hate 'em. My BIL bought a pair while on the US mainland a few years ago and when he brought them home, I thought they were ugly as sin! He insisted they were comfortable, whatever! I said.... I wouldn't wear them Then my hubby bought me a pair of Athens slippers while we were on the Big Island 2 years ago and they were great on the boat, no worries about losing your footing. I don't wear them often, but I always do if I'm forced to go to sea

Do you own any? Which style and where do you wear them?
  • I think they are hideous and have heard they cause many foot injuries. To each his own though. if you love em work it out.
  • Quote: I think they are hideous and have heard they cause many foot injuries. To each his own though. if you love em work it out.
    AGREE
  • . . . except in the rain . . . if you step in a puddle your feet get wet.
  • I think they are ugly, but I like them for around the house or to run quick outside, but not in public. And if you wear them without socks and your feet sweat OMG, they stink. (My sister has some that she wears ALWAYS without socks...BARF!)
  • I have the sandals and they are comfy. Not sure if I will buy the mary janes though, I can't wear them at work.
  • I think they're ugly but I've heard they are the most comfortable shoe ever. The injuries are few but they made the news a few weeks back--like with anything you can get hurt if you're not paying attention. Anyway, I just don't like the colors so I doubt I'll buy any (although I am tempted to try them just to see if they REALLY are comfortable).
  • I agree that they are ugly, but comfortable. The injuries have come with little children getting them caught in things...the material seems to have a propensity for getting caught up in escalators. For adults, though, I don't think they are dangerous. Just UGLY.
  • I think they are ugly and wouldn't wear myself. I tried on a pair of Mary Jane crocs that were $4 at the store (clearance) and uhh my feet looked like stuffed sausages in them. Not a very good look.
  • Yeah, I totally agree that they're ugly, but they sort of grew on me. In my old age I go for comfort over style. As for the stinky feet, I think one's personal hygiene comes into play! I take care of my feet and use Melaleuca Sole to Soul foot spray before ever putting on any shoes.
  • I wore mine to work when I worked in the nursing home as a call in I cannot count how many times I nearly fell or tripped ,one of my co -workers actually broke her foot a few weeks ago now they have banned the crocs at the nursing home and the hospital , the crocs for some strange reason seem to stick to the floor , I really like them in the summer when I'm playing in the garden except when it is wet out not so comfortable then.
  • Funny, I don't find them comfortable. The nubs on the insoles irritate the soles of my feet. Plus, they make my feet look a lot wider then they are and trust me I don't need wider looking feet!
  • Love to wear them on-call. Baby goo comes off them very easily.
  • They are ugly as sin, and I agree that they make wide feet look even wider. They're like a budget version of Birkenstock clogs.

But I can walk for miles and miles in them and not get sore feet. They're extremely lightweight and you can sanitize them easily. I keep mine in my car for impromptu exercise opportunities.
  • I think they're nightmarishly hideous and though people claim they're comfortable, they look to me like they would hurt. I'm not going to try them, though, because I can't put something that ugly on my person. Were I a single girl, a man in crocs would be completely undateable no matter what other fantastic attributes he might possess!

That said, I think everyone should rock whatever shoes they want to rock. People might think my shoes are hideous too.