General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I love them. I have heel spurs and NO MORE PAIN. I think amanda was right though, the injuries were associated with children and escalators. Although my kids both have some...they are GREAT yard shoes. They can get them as dirty as they want and i can just hose them off. So easy to clean up.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I don't have any, but I want some! I think they're ugly, but in a birkenstock/comfort shoe kind of way. I teach and would not wear them to work (not professional or fashionable at all), but I'd love to wear them around the house and running errands. My mom and dad both wear them and love them. My 8 and 5 year old nieces love theirs - they have all the widgets (whatever they're called) and wear them to school. Also my 3 and 5 year old nephews have them - the 5 year old nephew asked for a pair for his b-day because he thought his sis's were so cool.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

I have one pair which I mainly wear around the house as slippers, sometimes I've worn them while running quick errands and once last summer when I had outpatient surgery I wore them to the hospital. For long walks or workouts I stick with Tevas or right now I'm wearing L.L. Bean house brand, but YMMV

Last edited by ANOther; 11-27-2007 at 07:50 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #19  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

My kids love them - and I like the washable aspect. I've not tried them - I live in my Birkenstocks in the summer, snow boots for winter. I do think they are great for playing in the yard - and I'm not paying Birkenstock prices for the kids when they'll outgrow them soon. They are not good where real support is needed - hiking etc. or where you need stability (i.e. them not to fall off) but for basic yard shoes they seem to fit the bill. I do think they're ugly though - especially if one wore them with socks. That seems like socks and sandals.
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #20  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I think they're ugly, but I love wearing my one navy blue pair around the yard or for a quick run to the store. They're so easy to clean up, just hose them off and you're done. I'm sure they stink less when worn without socks than a pair of tennis shoes would.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #21  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I like them ~ don't mind the look . I wear mine around the house ~ easy to slip on and off as needed, and a quick trip to the store or the mail box. In the hot weather if it is raining, I'd rather wear them for a quick trip to the store because I don't want to ruin my leather shoes getting them wet.

They were in the news a couple months back ~ kids getting injured on escalators.

A lot of the nurses wear them at work. My hospital back in NC banned them ~ a lot of people were getting injuries while wearing them at work. They say they are comfortable, but I don't think I could last a 12 hour shift in them.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm in the minority! I think they are really CUTE!
I would buy them if I could wear them but my feet can only wear good tennis shoes (walking shoes) or Lands End walkers. I wear orthotics and need a very supportive shoe. BUT if I ever get this darn weight off, I probably will buy them!
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
A lot of the nurses wear them at work.
Go figure: I bet nurses like Crocs (and the look-alike brands) because some models come in so many different bright colors that they can coordinate with their scrubs; Crocs have some "professional" and "hospital" models (without the vents, I can see where there would be concern about body fluids or chemicals getting into the vent holes) but those models only come in dark or neutral colors

Last edited by ANOther; 11-27-2007 at 09:39 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

You will never catch me in them...Angie thinks they are ugly...I saw a man in them once...kinda grossed me out!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #25  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Why would a man in Crocs (or any other apparel) gross you out?

All the Nurses I know wear them. I want a pair and will probably get a pair (from my MIL's partner, who is a Nurse) for a holiday gift and if I don't I will buy myself a pair.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #26  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

hate them... they are so not my style. And I'm sure its just one of those trends that people will be laughing about in 15 years... They sure are comfortable... but... dont know, dont like them...
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #27  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Love the style, but have the first version from Lee Valley, which aren't as round and spoon-like at the toes. The Lee Valley ones are great for gardening, because when your feet get dirty you can just hose them down and keep going! I wear them t othe sotre, and out on errands, but that's about it.
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not sure Soul but when Angie and I both saw him at a Denver airport we both went....ewwww....

edit ~ maybe it is because we usually picture them on little kids feet...not sure.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 11-28-2007 at 12:53 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:20 AM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I think they are the ugliest shoes I have ever seen! And now they have to adorn them with shoe jewelry, yuck! Bows too! I would never buy them just for the fact that they are just ugly.

I agree...I saw a man wearing a pair and my first thought was "What the heck!" They were orange! Eeeewwww

I think they look cute on little girls, but for boys and grown ups???? JMHO
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I think they are ugly too, but OMG .... they are sooo comfortable! I wear them and my birkenstocks around the house all the time. I can easily work a 12 hour shift in them, and no sore feet!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote