Best Video Suggestions

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Cindy Crawford's Next Challenge... WOW. WOW. WOW. no one tops that video. It's quite hard, specially the leg exersizes, but oh, man, the results are totally worth it. Windsor Pilates is good also and easier. But since the day I bought The next challenge, cindy = exersize god for me... lol. Has anyone else tried it?? It's totally worth the try.
  • I like Billy Blanks Tae Bo as well as Biggest Loser workout video
  • I've heard great reviews about Turbojam!
  • If you want to find a video, I suggest that you go on a site called www.videofitness.com where they have reviews on hundreds of video (the reviews seem legit and are not always positive...which is good when you don't want to waist your money!).

I hope this will be helpful!

Meggy
  • i second a visit to www.videofitness.com
    also you may want to visit www.collagevideo.com

some of my current favorites include:
    Turbo Jam - Cardio Party 2, Cardio Party 3 and Kick, Punch Jam
    some Leslie's - 4 Really Big Miles and 5 Mile Advanced = both workouts are adaptable in that you can stop after 1, 2, 3, or 4 miles
    Michelle Dozois - Your Best Body Circuit (cardio & weights)
  • I used to laugh at Leslie Sansone as if I was somehow
    "above" this level ... until I tried to finish her 3 mile
    walk! HA! Couldn't do it. LOL Now I really like her a lot.
    She seems so genuine. AND I work up a sweat without
    a whole lot of complex moves to learn.

I like her walk/jog dvd too.
  • A few favorites:

Pilates: My current favorite is Prevention Slim, Strong & Firm, which includes both Pilates and ballet and adds resistance with the use of a resistance band (included) or light hand weights. Not for beginner to Pilates, but a nice addition to your DVD library if you are craving a little twist to your Pilates routine.

Cardio: this is tricky, because preference over style of cardio exercise is very personal and varies a lot. For instance, I rarely enjoy traditional aerobics, so cardio for me (as far as DVDs go) consists of dance workouts/instructional dance videos or kickboxing.

That said, these are my favorites:

- Dance: Prevention Dance it off! with Jennifer Galardi - I skip the Latin segment, the others I like. If you want more, Freestyle with Brian Friedman and Rock Your Body with Jamie King are pretty good - but they are purely instructional dance DVDs, not really workouts per se.

- Kickboxing: TurboJam, if you have good form and don't need good instruction; Patricia Moreno's Kickbox Yoga Fusion, if you need good instruction to learn good form; QuickFix Total Cardio Kick with Janis Saffel, if you like the 10-minute segment system for add-ons or workouts in a hurry.

Cardio & Strength together:
    - The FIRM Total Body Time Crunch: a great all-inclusive workout with good instruction and a non-boring choreography

- SELF Your Best Butt Fast!: Great combination of cardio and strength to hone in on what is a trouble are for most women.

A note on Strength Training: I'm interested in strength more for its shaping potential than to actually get "buff", and for that I found that Ballet Training, Power Yoga and body-alignment exercises like the Lotte Berk Method give the best results.
  • Any of The Firm Workouts are my favorite!
  • my new favorites are Jari Love Ripped series and the 4 & 5 mile Leslie Sansone videos
  • okay

Leslie Sansone anything. (Walk Slim series for otimal challenge)
    the Firm (transfirmer series for serious lower body work, transfirmation series for overall work).
    anything by Ellen Barrett. =)
  • Jillian Michaels - especially like Shape up Backside and Shape up Frontside. These are short but very challenging - I sweat big time. You need small dumb bells and a bench. There is also a thread on 3FC devoted to her 30 day shred.

I also like YogaZone for yoga and Stott's for Pilates.