Positive!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I'm going for a walk again and I'm hunting for vegetables. I love food shopping!
  • I journalled everything on my mind and it felt so good. I really did feel everything lifting away. I felt a lot calmer. And now that makes me actually want to get out my yoga dvd and keep the calm feeling going
  • Welcome back, Midwife!

I had a no-responsibility, no-activity evening last night. It felt good to just "chill".
  • Today's "something positive" is that I walked 7 minutes more on the treadmill this morning than I planned when I hopped on!
  • I'm on my 4th day doing HITT walk/run outside on the trail and it's an awesome feeling
  • broccoli, cauliflower, fat free cheese slices and my soy cheese ... all on sale today!
  • I'm now 3 weeks back on plan....and, coincidentally I'm now 3 weeks without waking up in the middle of the night with acid indigestion.
  • Susan-thanks for starting this thread. It's nice to come to a positive thread sometimes.

My somethings positive today:

~I am happily preparing for my son's 1st birthday party on Saturday. He was our "surprise" baby, but he has been such a joy over the last year.

~I am sore after my past few workouts, but it is a "good" sore.

~I get to go to work this evening teaching dance. I am very grateful to get paid doing something that I love, that is also "exercise"!

~I have been 100% OP for the past few days!
  • I'm really excited because I have a pan of farmers market veggies roasting in the oven

And I really mean that
  • For lunch, I had the best darned turkey meatloaf on whole grain bread sandwich you could ever want. Absolutely NO deprivation here. Love it! And love this thread!
  • I decided ramen noodles with cheese were not worth it and I'd rather have broccoli with cheese....yum and a turkey sandwich. Halfway through the day, I have a ton of calories left, and I feel great. Eating healthy and working out really is worth it
  • I believe that since I started this life style change in January, that I feel better because I am eating better food.

I enjoy thinking up new things to eat that are health/calorie friendly.
  • I'm so happy that I have stayed OP all week; I've lost two more lbs; my clothes are fitting loser; my DH and others are still noticing that I'm getting smaller; and, I'm finding it easier to say NO to high-fat treats and YES to more veggies and fruits!

Good thread idea ~ SUSAN! Thanx ...
  • I put the broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, carrots and summer squash in a smidge of ff italian dressing and that's what I nibbled on while I did my charting. It was delicious!

AND ... I have to have a snack now to get more calories in today. I have to have a midnight snack ... how cool is that!
  • Wow, a midnight snack is incredibly cool!!!!!! Especially since you planned it.