Hi, First Post

• Hi Everyone,
    This is my first post and the first day of a better life. I was always under weight until my 40's now I just bought my first x-large outfit. Time to take care of myself. I live out in the sticks so not much support near by. I hope you will encourage me. I will try and be there for you as well. I have not chosen a diet yet, but will start by exercise and cutting back on food until I find the formal program I want to follow.
    Pathfinder
  • Welcome! The support here is wonderful. Hope you stick around....

• Hi Pathfinder

Welcome from a fellow newbie! I have always struggled with weight but always managed to keep it under control. That is, until I hit 40 also!

I just joined yesterday and am hoping to find enough motivation to keep me going here.

I did well today for my first day so far. I'm going on vacation the end of September and am hoping to drop 15 - 20 lbs by then so I have to stick to it. Time is ticking!

You can do it!
  • Gee Everybody thanks for the welcome. We can do it together.
  • Welcome Pathfinder! Good luck in your search for the right program! There's a section for just plain ol' calorie counting if that's what you want to do.

Kara
  • Hi, You've come to the right place to get help. Everyone here is supportive and there is so much information about what ever diet you decide to go on. Check them all out. Remember, you can loose weight on almost any diet, you just had to pick a diet you can stick with for the long term. It's not a temporary thing, it's a life change.

In the mean time, you're doing exactally what you should be doing. Think about what you eat and try to incorporate more exercise into your daily life. And don't forget to drink plenty of water.

Good luck, you can do this, ya know!
  • Hello! You both are welcome to join my group. We get a little more in depth over there if your looking for more support. Everyone chooses their own plan. Some calorie count, some do atkins, some are just trying to stay healthy while pregnant!
    Hot & Healthy Challenge Chick's