I wear a size 4!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Yep, yours truly can fit into a size 4.....at Lane Bryant! Went out yesterday to buy a smaller pair of motivational jeans....jeans that can be a goal for me to get into....so I can say "I now wear a size --" But, Lane Bryant doesnt have the regular plus sizes on their jeans anymore. They have sizes 1-6 and they have different type of jeans depending on your body type. Well, I'm a size 4 red which means I am widest through the hips....so, I bought a size 3 red as my motivational jeans....I know size doesnt really matter ....but, it really kinda does matter to me..know what I mean?
  • Yes!!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I gotta tell you this though Rhonda, I was ALWAYS widest through my hips, probably from the very day I was born - until 20 or 30 lbs ago. Then they were gone. So, though I'm glad to hear you're buying motivational jeans, please, please, PLEASE hold on to that receipt - just in case they don't fit you properly as you lose the weight. My body completely changed its shape from when I was a teenager and a young adult. Yours just may as well.
  • Size 4-- wouldn't that be nice. I think Lane Bryant is the only way I would ever be in a size 4.

I don't even remember ever being that small. I remember my delight the last time I lost weight when I put on a pair of my sister's size 10 pants. I delighted that she could no longer call me fat because I could fit into her pants (even if they were snug)...

I know what you mean about the size mattering to you!
  • Just a little Lane Bryant Thread hijack... Would it kill them to carry some clothing basics like cotton khaki pants/shorts and polo shirts? The one near me only seems to carry clothing that is really loud, huge prints, cleavage baring tops and low-rise jeans that really show of your muffin top.

Whether I'm a size 6 or a size 26, I'm still a jeans and polo shirt kind of gal. It just seems so basic but they'd rather carry boob-baring polyester crap that wouldn't look good on a size 8, let alone a 26.

End of rant. And yes, size does matter.
  • Lol, congrats!! I didn't know that Lane Bryant did that. I have not worn jeans now for 18 yrs, maybe I should make it a goal?
    Post some pics of those jeans!!! I want to see them.
    cheryl
  • Good for you! Yes, size matters.....it's all in the way we look at ourselves and how that number makes us feel. Again, good for you, and keep it up!
  • That's like how at Torrid I'm a size 2. They have sizes 0-4 there. I guess it kind of makes me feel better....
  • Quote: Just a little Lane Bryant Thread hijack... Would it kill them to carry some clothing basics like cotton khaki pants/shorts and polo shirts? The one near me only seems to carry clothing that is really loud, huge prints, cleavage baring tops and low-rise jeans that really show of your muffin top.

Whether I'm a size 6 or a size 26, I'm still a jeans and polo shirt kind of gal. It just seems so basic but they'd rather carry boob-baring polyester crap that wouldn't look good on a size 8, let alone a 26.

End of rant. And yes, size does matter.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I've always felt the same way. The clothing selection for plus-sized women is AWFUL. It is so sparse, especially given that there are just as many plus-sized women as not. Not only is the selection meager, but the quality is inferior and the prices are astronomical. I don't understand it.
  • I was green with envy when I seen the title of the thread! lol
  • Hey Rhonda: How did you determine your size? did a sales clerk help measure you, like in a bra fitting?
  • Quote: Hey Rhonda: How did you determine your size? did a sales clerk help measure you, like in a bra fitting?
    Yes, she measured me around the waist and looked at my shape then recommended the style and size. She was right on the money.
  • I didn't try them on the day that I was there but the sales girl tells me I'm either a 1 or a 2 (I'm hips too!). Yowsers!
  • Woo Hoo!!

Just wait until your a 2!!
  • X
  • Rhonda, Having fun shopping is one of the great pluses of losing weight.

As far as stores and plus sizes, I think the selection at most stores is awful until you reach a 16 or 14. I think they assume that everyone that is a 20 or 22 is old and grey. I may be older than lots of you ladies but I still like to dress like I'm a woman.