Sizes

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Just curious...
    What size are you now and what size would you ideally like to be? Is there a size you've been in the past where you think you looked your best?

I'm size conscience now b/c even though I've lost weight, I havent really changed sizes. I wanna get into the single digits!!!!! hahah
  • All through high school, I was 190 pounds, size 14. And I was totally ok with that. I'd love to get back down to there. I'm currently size 22/24 which is ewww. My goal weight of 168 should put me in a 10 or 12 I'd think.
  • Well my highest size was a 20, I'm a size 14 right now and I'd like to be an 8 or so. I don't remember ever being an 8!
  • I weigh 157 and I can fit into size 13...I would really love to be able to fit a size 9/10. Im going to make that happen dammit! lol.
  • I am too darn big right now. I would like to be in the normal range even if it is XL. No numbers in front of the XL would be nice.

I never was skinny so I don't know that I really want to be. Part of me wants to be but the other part is scared. (Hello, Ms Orbach!) Plus which settling a goal that represents a huge loss is too scary for me, it makes me go "Eek, I can't do that!" so I give up. I think I need baby steps.

At the gym they pushed me to set a "goal weight" and I felt really pressured and harassed by that.

Right now I would like to be back in Onederland, I was there briefly in 2005...
  • I started at a big ol' 24/26, which I can't even believe I let myself get to. I'm currently down to a size 14. I actually don't remember ever wearing anything below an 18, so I'm pretty excited about being a 14. (I wasn't really worried about my weight in HS, so I can't remember what size jeans I wore then, but it was probably close to what I am now). My ultimate goal would be to wear a size 8 or 10. This may not actually be realistic, but it would be amazing to buy a single digit pair of pants!
  • I'm built very strangely. I'm so much bigger on the bottom than on the top.
    Right now I'm around a 15 shirt size (maybe smaller) and 18/20 pant size.

At my lowest weight I was a size 11/13 shirt size and 15 pant size...This is probably a realistic goal for me as I have HUGE hipbones. I'm not even just running the "I'm big boned" line. My hip bones are seriously wide. But I can do a lot of work on the booty and thighs I suppose...

So my main goal is probably a 11/13 (L) shirt size and 13/loose 15 pant size.
    I think I can do that just because my lowest weight was not achieved with exercise like I am doing now, so I think that will make a difference.

P.S. Just something I've always wondered: Is it normal for taller people to wear larger sizes just due to their height? Because I look at at size 6 and I don't think it would ever be possible for me to fit into it...
  • i'm a size 6 and 122 right now, but i have a small bone structure and petite, so at this size i feel pretty heavy.

i'd like to get down to my original size, which is 2. i looked slender and healthy at 105-110 lbs.

it would be REALLY nice to be back to a size 0, when i was 95-100 lbs (i was like this throughout high school until college food and drinking did me in, plus i'm growing into a woman, not a 14 year old girl!), but i know that's not realistic.
  • I started out a tight 24/26. Now I'm in an 18, though just an XL in the reg dept for tops. It's not like I'm tons smaller on top - I'm a DD, but they fit, so I'll take it. The bottoms, I have very wide hips - I always have, so an 18 is the smallest I can get in pants right now.

I'd like to get back to a size 14.
  • I think it's weird how sizes have changed. When I was at my perfect weight 10-15 years ago I wore a size 8. Twenty five years ago, my wedding dress was an 8 when I weighed 120#. Now when I have gotten to that weight I can wear a 6 and sometimes even a 4. The clothing manufacturers are downing the numbers to make us feel better I guess.
  • I was *just* fitting into an 8 (by a thread) for over a year. Now that I am training a bit harder this summer I've gained 3 pounds, but am a comfy 6 I have serious hips and don't expect to get any smaller than that, so I will happily take it! I was a 6 for about 5 minutes when I hit my goal weight a few years ago, but settled at an 8.

Murphmitch- I know what you mean. I may not lose any more weight, but if Old Navy keeps it up I will be a size 2 soon enough!
  • My heaviest I was 214 and wearing a size 16 and now at 157 I wear a size 8 and some size 6 jeans{Levi's and Tommy}. This is the smallest I've been since middle school and would like to get even smaller. I think a 6 or 4 would be fine with me. I don't want to look sickly thought, we'll see.
  • At my heaviest EVER, I weighed 180 and was a size 12/13.

Then, I got down to 175 and wore an 11/12/10 sometimes.

Now, at 165, I wear a 10/11 and can fit some 8's. I like my clothes to fit me more on the loose and comfortable side - not bag lady loose, but I hate painted-on-can't-breathe tight. I hated that even when I was skinny! The thinnest I've ever been is a size 2-4. I'd like to get back there, but a 4-6 is probably more realistic on my frame (medium-large, though I do build muscle well).
  • Oh... I must also add that I would have been even smaller than a size 2 during my super skinny/eating disorder days... BUT my hip bones just wouldn't allow it. However, I could wear a 0 in A&F and Old Navy four years ago, since their sizes are bigger than some.
  • Ookay, let's try to not get mixed between US, French and European sizes...

In French size, I am currently depending on the clothes, a 38, 40 or 42. Which would be... 36, 38 or 40 in Euro sizes... so if my conversion is right, that would amount to a 6, 8 or 10. But it really depends. On average, I must be a 6-8, and more a 8-10 on the hips. (It'd help if clothes manufacturers used the same measures, though. This is so confusing.)

I may still lose one more size, but I'm not sure I'll go lower than that. I don't even know what size I'm supposed to be. The last time I was at my current weight was when I was 11, so...