Does dieting mean no more Starbucks?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I love a good Americano (its shots of espresso with water...sort of a richer version of brewed coffee). And it has negligible calories. Iced tea is also a good option. Bottom line - I am at Starbucks daily, and it has not negatively affected my progress...I just have to order more carefully.
    I love an iced Americano in the summer. I have them add a splash of skim milk, then I add a 1/2 packet of sugar.

An iced green tea is lovely. Or a hot Tazo Zen with just a drip or two of honey.

And a fat-free, no whipped mocha can be option, but you have to trade something else. If I get one, I know that I will not be having any pasta or rice with dinner--just veggies and meat or a veggie egg-white omelet, which is still pretty darn tasty. The mocha is usually my TOM treat, so once a month is not going to wreck me.
  • On the italian sodas...they are only calorie free if you use a sugar-free syrup! Ask your local coffee shop if they have sugar free syrups. My favorite coffee shop has many, many different sugar free flavors (sometimes when I get an iced americano, i'll add a shot of sugar-free cal-free chocolate syrup...its like an iced mocha, but with no more calories than an iced coffee).