Cool Runners - June

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Ooh, I really want a running skirt, but I haven't got round to locating one yet. I think they look really cute.

I did another 6k speed session on the treadmill this morning.
  • Morning!

Got my morning run in - still on Week 3 of C25K... I honestly can't imagine running more than 3 minutes at this point Maybe I'll take a couple of days off, and try Week 4 on Sunday... might as well try. I feel SO unfit. But I'm getting better!!

I don't know what a running skirt is - is it like a tennis skirt? I am SO not fashion conscious, but it sounds nice - there is NOTHING feminine about my running right now, though!!

Have a great day everyone!

Heather
  • Running skirts worry me because of chafing. Are there little shorts under there? If not, forget it!!

I did 3.1 miles of interval training on the treadmill today in 31:45. I was sweating like a madwoman, but I got through it. I'm supposed to do my long run tomorrow (9 miles!!) and I'm afraid I won't make it!! It's been tough lately!
  • The ones I've seen do have shorts underneath, don't worry
  • 8 this morning, slow and sluggish. Virtually no sleep last night. I couldnt get to my normal longrun pace even. Fortunately my garmin conked out 1/2 way so I dont have to know how slow it ended up being.

I did have the cool experience of getting almost to the 7 mile mark (which is a nice loop home) and realizing HEY that was just an easy run. 7 miles. No harder than 2 or 3 used to be.

Followed by a shooting tightening up my left shin at 7.5 miles, hopefully nothing major.
  • getting there
    well, halfway back up to my previous run length. I did 1.56 tonight, and still rocking with the 12:49 pace, so I'm happy with it. It may be taking me longer to get back up to over 3 miles this time, but I'm definitely moving faster overall, and that makes me mucho happy! Hope everyone had a great night.

Dee
  • I did just over 5 this morning. My legs felt tired though, I've run every day this week and done more biking than normal, so it might be time for a bit of a rest over the weekend.
  • OMG I seriously just had the best workout EVER.

All done with week #2 of the c25k plan

I felt like I had springs in my legs when I was running, and now I feel just wonderful.

So now I know what it feels like to enjoy working out...

Can't wait to start week #3 next week...3 minutes does sound daunting but I think I'm ready for it.
  • Yay, glitter!! I like your new picture too -- very cute!

I ran 10 miles this morning!! Insane! It killed me and I don't know how long it's going to take me to recover, but I did it. It was slow and difficult. I was supposed to do 9 miles but I decided to throw another on top of it to see if I could do 10. And I did!
  • Hi all you runners!

Helen, you are a mad woman! All that cycling, running, swimming. Have you ever done a triathlon? Would you consider it?

Great job all you c25k people! I know at first 3 minutes seemed tough, and 5 minutes seemed like an eternity, the first time I did 20 min straight I couldn’t believe I could actually do it. You will get there, just keep at it.

LisaMarie – 10 miles! You go woman.

I have been gone for a long time. The humidity and this no working out funk has really thrown me for a loop. However, I did 3 miles last night, 3 miles last Friday, and a couple miles the end of the week before that. I think it’s pretty amazing that I can still crank out 3 miles pretty easily even though I’ve been slacking major.

I think I need a new goal or program to work on. I think working towards a 10k is the next logical step. Does anyone have suggestions or a program aimed at getting from a 5k distance to 10k?
  • shananigans - I haven't done a triathlon but am definitely considering doing one at some point. Not this year though, I think I've got too many marathons to attempt anything else, so I'm just using running and swimming for cross training for now.

Lisa Marie - well done!
  • Omg!
    I ran two.... two miles at a less than 12min/mile pace... Holy Cow! I thought I was so bad and so far behind after not running for a couple of weeks during my depressed slump... I still haven't been up to a 3 miler yet, but my pace is consistently between 12 and 13 now, and then tonight, I didn't even want to go and then did two miles at that pace????? wow. I love running, it is consistently the easiest way to make myself feel good about me.

Dee
  • I'm loving running too! I finished week 5 of c25k this morning. That means I ran for 20 minutes! In fact, I went 21 just so I could run to my front door. I was not even slightly weary....could have kept going but I've been telling myself not to push too far. I don't want to hurt myself. I have a good, solid, proven program and I'm going to stick with it. But, wow, 21 minutes! Who knew??

• I just LOVE when people get the running bug!

9.6 this morning some weakness in the left shin, I think I did a minor strain on thursday.

I am in such trouble for my 1/2 on Wednesday. It is flat and shadeless and the forecast is now calling for HOT (high of 91, probably nearing 80 during the race) and sunny. I have had only a few runs over 50 this year. This morning I delayed my long run to try and get some heat acclimation and at the end I was feeling really hot.....came in and it was 62 in the shade.