Exercise Accountability -- June 2007

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • elliptical - 30 minutes
    strength training - 20 minutes
    treadmill - 10 minutes

I wanted to go longer on the treadmill but I was tired, so I hopped off and spent 30 minutes relaxing in the sauna.
  • 40 Minutes - Treadmill
    30 Minutes - Strength Training
  • 11 hours of DDR this month so far, since the 3rd. I've burned over 2,400 calories total, about 200-300 a day. Should I do more? I might be able to, if I get up earlier in the morning. Not sure. But still, it's fun!
  • 60 min on elliptical with high intensity intervals.
  • Quote: Ilene..LOVE those smilies! lol
    Thanks ...

Today, 45 mins weights and 2 hr outside work...
  • Quote: 11 hours of DDR this month so far, since the 3rd. I've burned over 2,400 calories total, about 200-300 a day. Should I do more? I might be able to, if I get up earlier in the morning. Not sure. But still, it's fun!
    Keep having fun, that's what counts

• 10 minutes- Stretching & Warm up 34 Calories
    20 min's Aerobic, low impact 91 calories
    20 min's Step Aerobic, high impact 137 Calories
    10 min's Crunches, Push-ups, Legs 40 Claories
    Total Calories Burned 303
  • 17 mins treadmill (150), 16 mins bike (150)
    Upper body (115)
  • 30 mins elliptical w/ intervals
  • 40 minutes - Treadmill
  • Well with my ellipitical broken and in a garage that is WAY to hot to workout in anyway and being in a rut with my pilates. I opted for utilizating my fathers pool.

My daughter and i had a blast working every muscle we know of, and from the feel of it, some muscles that i didnt even know i had. It was 90 degrees here today, so the pool was just what we needed. I think we will make a habit of it.

So, 1 hour in the pool. Laps and water aerobics.
  • 30 Minutes - Strength Training
  • I gave my knee a mighty whack last weekend...thought it was ok (it isn't like a twisting injury or anything) but my knees are so precarious...so the joint around the bruise/injury swelled internally, and my knee is locking.

Long story short - I can't do ANY cardio right now without it popping and locking in and out, which hurts. I'm not pleased. Anyone have any arm-only cardio? I did the elliptical M-W of the week, and it just kept getting worse, so I took yesterday as a rest day...but it still hurts today. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I'll be able to get back on the horse (I'm icing and elevating).

Well that was a long way of saying "no cardio" - but I did do a kick-*** arm workout for an hour.
  • Amanda, does your gym have one of those arm bike things? They are **** to use, but they are a way of doing cardio while sitting down and not using your legs.

I skipped the gym today, but I rode my bike to and from work and took my dog on an 80 min/5 mile walk last night as a bonus for yesterday.
  • yesterday 30 mins power walk plus stretching
    today swim and am supposed to be buying weights....do weights make you gain weight? Cos my arms are one thing I like about myself, cos as your textbook apple I have slender limbs.
    Mandalinn: I agree with baffled, try an arm-bike. It's a round machine that kind of looks like a fan....