Weekly Chat - April 30th - May 6th

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning,

Its raining but the sun is supposed to come out and stay out until next week.. This is great, I'm getting soggy and moldy

Any plans for the week? any goals? any challenges for yourself?

I am REALLY going to try to get on the treadmill at night even if its for 15 stinkin minutes Food is going to be watched as well... Summer's around the corner and I really want to lose 20 by the end of it... September..so thats doable.

You?
  • Morning!

I am REALLY missing my walking this past week, even though I am getting plenty of exercise... the show opens Thursday, and we rehearse every day and evening now... taking my meals with me is very helpful!

I don't think I'm going to meet my mini-goal of 250 pounds by tomorrow (!) but I feel okay with this, because: 1. it was ambitious 2. I was very close last week and started eating rubbish food instead of staying focused, and 3. I'm still going to get there, probably just a week or so late! (and I can blame PMS, too! YAY!)

Thank goodness the sun is shining (even though I won't see a WHOLE lot of it in the theatre!) - who DOESN'T feel at least a LITTLE BIT better on a sunny day?

OH! and my waist is a half inch smaller than last week, too, so the mini-goal still feels close and positive! (that's a total now of 2.5 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my chest and a wonderful FOUR inches off these hips!) Can't complain about being 3 pounds away from mini-goal, can I?!

Have a great week everybody, just in case I don't seem to have much to say! I'll check in when I can

Heather
  • Leenie-I do have a challenge for myself- 10 minutes of exercise per day. Not much I know, but that is the only number that doesn't sound threatening right now. I typed 15 at first and immediately became anxious and thought 'there's no way'. Silly isn't it? I hate anxiety. If I want to do more I can, right?

Heather- You must be so excited about your show. I think that is so great. Good for you! Let us know how it goes.

I ran several errands today and did some shopping. I bought a couple of short sleeved shirts. I hesitate to show skin on my legs and arms (fat and white), but I can't bear the thought of burning up every where I go. That's why I hate summer and the weather that everybody else loves. If only I could dress appropriately....

The vet wants me to video tape the pooch when she has these attacks to see maybe if she is having a seizure. Thank you for suggesting that Debbie.

How's everybody else?
  • Hoping you all had a great Monday!

• Hello eveyone,

My goal for the week is to do 30 minutes of walking everyday and my Oprah exercise routine 3 times this week. It is my first full week on a diet so I figure if I can do it this week then I will be over the initial step. getting things started seems to be my greatest downfall. So that is my personal goal.

I dohave a question though. I weighed myself Saturday and weighed 200 lbs. When I weighed myself today (Monday) I weigh 191. I weighed myself in the morning, after I peed, and naked (scary thought) both times. There is no way I lost nine pounds in 2 days, Is there??? I only walked 30 minutes each day. Is there something else that this could be???

Good luck on all you goals ladies.
  • Good Morning,

Sassy

Hope no, its not silly to put down 10 minutes... I feel the same way as you and if I set a "goal" for myself, I panic too. So... I try to make them very very small. Yes, if your feeling good and you want to do more then GO FOR IT!!! thats exactly how I feel.

Care, good to see you. I doubt you lost 9 lbs in 2 days but what a nice surprise huh. Maybe the dial on the scale was set wrong? dunno. Weighing yourself w/clothes on will make you weigh more. Good for you for setting a goal for 30 minutes, thats wonderful. What are Oprah Exercise?

Heather, 1/2" smaller on the waste is WAY TO COOL !!!! congratulations. And your are soooo close to your goal, that in my eyes, you've hit it!!! Your doing teriffic, keep it up because your a great inspiration to us.

MAY 1st !!!!! Summer here we come.

I have my morning star sausage for this morning and my coffee I'm all set.

• Well... I'm going to jump in again and say - surprise surprise! (NOT!) - I have not met my mini-goal for May 1st. Now, this would have devastated me three months ago (heck - TWO months ago!) and I'd be willing to bet I would have gone out for pizza.

But this is not all about the scale - and I have learned this month that a) what goes in my mouth magically shows up on the scale, b) the numbers are a LOT less important than I used to think!! and c) some mini-goals can be a little over-ambitious!

So, I am feeling good, and I think I'll meet that ambitious mini-goal this week anyway.. and then onto the new one - another 10 pounds by June 1st! (Not changing that ticker 'till I get there, though!! )

Hope - good luck with the videotaping - that is a very smart idea! Then of course the vet can see for himself (mostly)! And I agree with Leenie - the goals DO need to not scare you, for sure!

Hi Sassy! Great to see you

Carebear, your goals sound so great - I just joined a thread committing to 'breaking a rut' yesterday... and everyone had goals that TOTALLY intimidated me - Hope - are ya readin' this?! - but I set mine for 'no snacking in front of the TV for 21 days'... well, I THINK I can do that! Good luck!! Also - if you've just started this journey (sorry, I'm not sure if you have) it could be water weight coming off that first week...? Either way, just enjoy it!

Leenie - what's Morning Star Sausage? My hubby LOVES sausage... always looking for something new.

Have a great day all!

Heather
  • Heather you sound GREAT !!!!! good to know your in the right frame of mind...your so right, its not about the scale.

Morning Star is the brand name of a company that makes Veggie Sausage, burgers, etc. http://www.morningstarfarms.com/ the sausage is ehhh okay...but the garden burgers are really good.

Well gotta run.

CATHY where are yah chickie?
  • Thanks Leenie!
  • Howdy All.

Wow was it ever hot today! We took my mil to see the Titanic Exhibit, it was really interesting. I did lots of walking today and sweating.......lol. I know it does not count as exercise, but still better than sitting on my duff.

I think I'm finally getting "back on track". Drinking lots more water and eating smaller portions and trying to make better choices for myself. Even DH is trying.

I got to talking to my mom, online about it and she made me feel a lot better about it, cheering my on , like she always has. It just felt good to have someone "in my corner" for once and not making me feel or telling me how I'm screwing up all the time.

Anywho, I hope you all had a Great Tuesday.

• Good Morning,

Hey Sassy, good to see ya chipper and WHOOT to your Mom

Nothing much is new today, sosdd.... just plugging along, working

And you ?
  • Sassy - you have awesome avatars - I really enjoy them

Nothing new here either, Leenie... sunny though, so I am goign to TRY to get a walk in, but honestly, I think it is going to be the 'walking around the grocery store' kind Today HAS to be my 'errand' day...

Hope - where are you today?
    Carebear - did you walk yesterday?

Sassy - the show I am doing (that opens tomorrow - YIKES!) is 'Titanic'... it's very moving, and I just thought I'd babble at you about that for no real reason -

On that note - have a great day, all!

Heather
  • Hey all,

Not much going on here today. It's HOTT!! I'm getting ready to do dishes, laundry, and yes, mow the yard again. Hoping to get a little tan and not pass out.

I don't think I've mentioned but I play on a pool league (billiards) on Tuesday nights. We played last night and I beat a man a couple of ranks above me. Always good to beat the opposite sex once and a while, especially when you can tell they think you don't stand a chance.

I'll check in again once I've gotten something accomplished.

What's up with the rest of you folks?
  • Hi everyone!!

You all sound so busy and motivated yaay!!!

Not much new here, just plugging along. Scale went up, but TOM finally arrived so I'm hoping that will help. Also its starting to dry up outside, so will get to start working out there. Picked up a flat of strawberries yesterday, boy do I love strawberries sure sign that summer is on its way Hubby even baked the cake for strawberry shortcake last night.

I should go, I just wanted to pop in and say a big Hi!! to everyone.

Take care and keep up the good work
    K
  • Good Morning

Well its Happy Thursday lol. Its finally warming up here except this morning it was 38 degrees out burrrrr. The trees and flowers are really in bloom LOVE IT! makes it so pretty.

Hope, I love playing pool !! its so much fun. I dated this firefighter a few...okay many years ago and we were at the firehouse playing pool. He kept challenging me to play in front of all the guys and I kept saying no... so finally I said fine... you can feel like a man now that your gonna play against me. WELL!!!!!! let me just say I kicked his behind in front of ALL his buddies... Talk about glowing. Serves the moron right ROFLMFAO!!!!! Yes, your right, it does feel good to beat the opposite sex

Buddly, Heather, Sassy

Got lots to do today at work so I must be going.

I'll try to pop in later

Leenie