Salad dressing!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Not sure if you have a Trader Joe's around, but Trader Joe's Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette is good. It's mild, not too "vinegar-y". No HFCS, it's only 60 calories for 2 tablespoons, and a little goes a long way. (Note: This one is found in the non-refrigerated section. The balsamic vinaigrette found in the refrigerated section is non-organic and has double the calories).

Edit: Oops - just noticed you don't like vinegar (but I swear this one's mild!! )
  • I squeeze on some fresh lemon juice. Or sometimes I use a drop of balsamic vinegar. Both virtually zero calories. I also like to put things in my salad that are very tasty so that I don't need any dressing at all. Like plain tuna. Or taco spiced grilled chicken breast.
  • Help me out!
    What is HCFS??

Thanks.
  • Quote: What is HCFS??

Thanks.
    <phew> Now I don't feel so bad for having to Google it: high fructose corn syrup!
  • Quote: I am looking at my bottle it says sugar - but it is not HFCS. There are only natural ingredients in these dressings....

I have used the salad spritzers as well.... those are good! If I remember correctly I liked the Raspberry Breeze.
    You are right - I think that IS the reason I didn't get them was the sugar (I am learning the wholefoods way of eating) and not HFCS. Thanks for the clarification! I believe this is the reason I threw my brand new bottle of the Raspberry spritzer away too. I was so excited to find them being so low cal, etc., and then discovered the sugar.

Thanks again!!
  • Quote: Not sure if you have a Trader Joe's around, but Trader Joe's Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette is good. It's mild, not too "vinegar-y". No HFCS, it's only 60 calories for 2 tablespoons, and a little goes a long way. (Note: This one is found in the non-refrigerated section. The balsamic vinaigrette found in the refrigerated section is non-organic and has double the calories).

Edit: Oops - just noticed you don't like vinegar (but I swear this one's mild!! )
    I can tolerate vinegar IF it is mild. Of course, it is probably like everything else, you have to give it time to become something you can tolerate better. I sure WISH we had a Trader Joe's! There isn't one in our WHOLE state!
  • Quote: <phew> Now I don't feel so bad for having to Google it: high fructose corn syrup!
    Sorry, ladies! I should have remembered when I wondered the same thing and didn't know either! I had to ask when I first saw this too!

Quote: I squeeze on some fresh lemon juice. Or sometimes I use a drop of balsamic vinegar. Both virtually zero calories. I also like to put things in my salad that are very tasty so that I don't need any dressing at all. Like plain tuna. Or taco spiced grilled chicken breast.
    I have wondered about lemon juice but haven't tried it because of its tartness. I will have to do this. I like tuna and chicken on my salads as well, but they seem to make me want MORE dressing! LOL!! Funny how we all deal with things differently, huh? Thanks again!!
  • As a whole foods follower myself, I'm not as worried about sugar (or honey) as I am by fake stuff (aspartame, HFCS). My current favorite is:

http://www.anniesnaturals.com/Pages/...dietginger.htm

It doesn't taste vinegary to me
  • Quote: As a whole foods follower myself, I'm not as worried about sugar (or honey) as I am by fake stuff (aspartame, HFCS). My current favorite is:

http://www.anniesnaturals.com/Pages/...dietginger.htm

It doesn't taste vinegary to me
    Oh, cool! I just saw this brand show up in our stores recently. Thanks so much!!
  • I use those Wishbone spritzers... they're nothing like the fatty dressings I love (mmm blue cheese) but I find that they do, and they're about 20 calories.
  • Quote: I use those Wishbone spritzers... they're nothing like the fatty dressings I love (mmm blue cheese) but I find that they do, and they're about 20 calories.
    I threw my bottle away when I saw sugar listed as an ingredient. I will have to see to what extent it is in there and maybe give it a try.