Fat Calves

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • I wish to know what is (no,no that's are, are your... ) (my bad Kiwi) your favorite words to use, and those you hate to hear.

I have determined that my favorite word is CRAP!
    and I hate the word CLOT.

.....discuss.....
  • like in blood clots, and what may I ask is Clotted Cream...yeech......
  • Quote: Now he wants to do the overgrown back yard for $20 (which is great) and wash the house for $50. Is $50 good? I think I could do it myself but not do a good job.
    I think that's bargain!

Quote: How old is that picture of Bagz? Too cute.
    I'm pretty sure that cup came from Denmark, dating it to this year! Mine really is 200 years old.

Quote: Do you know the favorite meat of a corporate cubist is?
    Why "cube steak" a course I made that one up!!! I doooo amuse myself!
    Wow, that's abdominable, as Dubya might say.

Quote: ........and I can't remember if it's supposed to be effect or affect in the previous statement......
    You got it right. In effect, the right effect will affect the affect.

Quote: - but summer, despite evidence to the contrary, IS coming to Boston, and all the young women will be prancing about on their lunch hours dressed very much as Cowp describes....and far, far worse.
    Amazing, isn't it? Don't you want to just go up some of the truly beastly looking ones and, in your best grandmotherly tone, shake your head sadly and say "Oh my dear, that's just not flattering".

It's true that pretty young girls don't usually realize the effect they have. They're mainly dressing for each other -- if their friends wear tiny skirts et al, they do too. Frankly I don't think LCP had much of a "mother figure" growing up -- she reminds me of the cat I adopted from the Humane Society that had no idea she was a cat and took 10 years to learn how to play.

Time for PT. Tata

Kiwi
  • I know. I know. When I was young, I was walking down the street in Washington D.C. when a older woman snapped something at me. I was from the south and didn't hear what she said so I smiled and said, "Ma'am?"

"Your skirt is too short," she resnapped.

The size I wore didn't come in longer!!!! All my skirts were short because it was the fashion and I was tallish and thinnish for my region. I don't think lcp is really aiming at anything .. just not thinking it all through. Wednesday through Sunday with one pair of shoes and they're heels?

They just took the second tube out of DS so he's freeeeee as soon as they let him leave the hospital. It's a wonderful hospital and this episode happened during a short period where he insured by two policies. So there's the bright side. Most of his professors are expressing desire to help him catch up and do well. Some are not. They don't dislike him just aren't bending rules or backs to help.

LCP, by the way, is beautiful. Very. When she got her migraine, her little Asian eyes closed all the way making her more exotic in appearance. I should be glad ds has a beautiful, accomplished gf who will 100 percent aid him in getting ahead educationally as that is of highest value to her, too.

I did enjoy the i-stuff link.
  • I agreeeee: LCP is Gawjus!!! and DS is Studly!! A BeeeUtiFul pair!

munch,munch,crunch, yum! (I am feasting on chicken bones... )
  • blah blah blah
    I was actually going to suggest 50 bucks. Must have been mental telepathy between that nice little man and my largish self.

"Crap" is an excellent word. I use it all the time. That and "thingie". I hate the word "niblet". Eeeew.

Still fat, still not caught up on posts. House still a tip. Will I ever get organized?
  • I hate the word "obrtain." Also, "reprise."

The group reprised the superintendent that the schools have obtained new computers.

I have no favorite word. I will never get organized. I am still fat. Posts elude me. I am watching Scrubs instead of cleaning.
  • forgot this
    Attachment is too late for Easter but anyway...

• Quote:
    House still a tip. Will I ever get organized
    ooooWeeeOhhhh...ooooWeeeOhh

TheGreat and Grand all Seeing Schatzarina has consulted her 8 ball...and has concluded.............

The answer you seek is: NO! or (wait, I'ma shakin the 8 ball again and its...................a)
    MAYBE!

I seeeeeee...childruns instead, running happily about the house... eating deeelightful things and smearing furniture ! Yes! The way it should be!!!!!!!!!

So, the answer is Sug: NO! and be grateful fer it!

I am sooooooo procrastinating..or am brain dead and can study no mo!
  • ooohhhhhh, Cowpernia...gooood word clappidty clap clap!

I agree, I dont like reprise either! I feel affronted or It affronts me! (is that right? Kiwi? )

I dislike the word for puzzlebutts like me...yes, as you know I love crossword puzzles... The word is: Cruciverbist... not feelin it...
  • I love the word "tip" as in.
    Quote:
    House still a tip
    Niblet is gross. So is worm. Gross words that describe gross things: drab, smarmy. Ick. I love anything that Kim Woodburn says: "cheap and cheerful", "knackered".
    Quote: I hate the word "obrtain." Also, "reprise."

The group reprised the superintendent that the schools have obtained new computers.
    I was going to say there is no such word as obrtain, but instead I will say you have misused the word reprised. I think you mean apprised. Reprise is what they do on American Idol.

Quote: Cruciverbist...
    Wow. Never heard that one. Sounds more like someone who can't shut up about Jesus.

Not to be sacrereligious or anything. Really. Honest.

I actually corrected an in-law the other day. Not their grammar. A cousin of DH's was ranting about the middle east and made a statement regarding muslims along the lines of they should all be shot or something. That was just way too over the top for me to ignore and I told him that was unnecessary. I felt like reminding him that 2 of his brothers are part native american and it wasn't that long ago that people actually said things like "the only good Indian is a dead Indian". What really ticked me off was that nobody else said anything. I can't imagine what they all say when we're not there about DD and her majoring in middle eastern studies.

It's funny, I love most of my in-laws, but I can only take them in small doses. Yesterday we had dinner (at 4PM ) at a relative's house with a bunch of DH's aunts and uncles, plus parents. Around 7 I finally decided I'd had enough and "took the dog for a walk" -- all the way to DD'sBf's house where I schmoozed with his parents and drank beer until DH came and picked me up.

SnowAndMudTown here is expecting a big storm tonight. Something like 9" of snow. Go figure.

Kiwi
  • Kiwi is supercilious. I will endeavor to obtain a reprisal. Such cheekiness can not be endured.

So all these doctors kept coming into DS's room and I could barely tell them apart. Waspy. Conservative light brown hair. Pale skin. Embroidered white lab coats. Shirts, ties, detached attitudes. DS faced days and days more of lying in bed when in strides Dr. B, a surgeon plucked right from the cover of a Hallequin romance novel. Green scrubs. Dark wavy hair stylishingly combed straight back. Brown skin. Cuban accent. There was energy in his movements and the scrubs showed off his trim, virile physique. Dr. B said, "We're going to take you off the pump and get you out of here sooner. If we don't do something, you'll be here forever." Such a decision maker. A leader. A man who thinks for himself. Yummmm.

Soon, Nurse Nanette comes into the room and tells DS, "They're going to xray you again in the morning and maybe take out one of the tubes."

"But but but," we said, "Dr. B said ...."

One of the waspy doctors had been told what Dr. B said and "had a talk" with Dr. B. that began with "No no no."

Moral: Heart throb doctors do not take the cautious approach to medicine one wishes their child may receive.

I am so sleepy. What are blank white cards? DS seemed happy to get a message about these cards while in the hospital but didn't explain to me what they are.
  • Quote: What really ticked me off was that nobody else said anything. I can't imagine what they all say when we're not there about DD and her majoring in middle eastern studies. Kiwi
    Um...yeppers. It's that kind of acceptance of racial - and nationality-based - slurs that REALLY sticks in MY craw (although, as a word, I'm not all that fond of craw, Schatzi). Some otherwise seemingly perfectly nice people - people, I might add, whom I had previously considered to be rather intelligent and thoughtful - have dropped some of the most abominable comments without batting an eyelash. One acquaintance in particular made reference, shortly after 9/11, to the "ragheads" over in Iraq (this after Dubya declared war, much to my everlasting sorrow and disgust) and I just looked at her in astonishment and horror.

Ah. Well. Not much you can do if they're in the family (except to go elsewhere and drink beer) but at least with acquaintances, you can stop being acquainted right quick.

I WAS gratified, I must say, to learn today that CBS FIRED Don Imus because of his calling the Rutger's women's basketball team "a bunch of nappy-headed ho's" What a sick sunumabish! At least SOME of them are getting the message that their crap (Oh, yeah!!! I LOVE the word crap!!!!) won't be tolerated.

Oh Sug, don't worry about your house! When I had my kids at home, it was always upside down. Now they're grown and gone, and I MISS my chaotic household greatly. Enjoy it while you can. "Chaotic". That's a pretty neat word, don't you think?

Rain in Boston with gale force winds all day long, and sleet mixed with rain as I got closer to home this evening. Now it has stopped, it looks like, but they are predicting some snow showers tonight. Nothing that adds up to much, tho, I don't think. Everybody's on pins & needles over what it's going to be doing on Marathon Monday.

No word Yet on DD's tests.

My cubital tunnel stuff isn't too bad. Nothing I can't manage to live with. And, since I've been using my trimrider, the pinched nerve in my leg seems to be a lot better.

Pestilence. That word creates some nasty images for me. And vermin. Vermin is REALLY nasty.

On the other hand, I LIKE "spiffy" and "toots" (I used to call one of my daughters "Toots").

Okay, off to stir din-din. Chili. DH was born and raised in Texas and says he's NEVER had chili as good as mine. Smug. Yeah. I like that word, too. Smug.
    I'm making it with pretend burger meat (don't worry, all the other ingredients will "spiff" that right up) and putting it over brown rice. DH doesn't know it, but he's dieting, too.

TTFN,

Ella
  • SPIFFY!!! (I like that word)
    Oy! puleese, I have muuuch to say on the "IMUS" issue... unfortunately, I am taking a chance expressing it: but I am riled.
    Imus's utterances was very wrong - unredeemable --and I think he should have "retired" loong ago! BUT:
    I hope it brings to the forefront the "acceptable" language that is prevalent in music, and accepted in the next generation growing up. It must Stop !. Those derogatory words are WRONG ..no matter who says them, no matter how much they make , and while it may be a cultural thing that its "okay" within a race or culture, those that say it must be cognizant of the message that is being sent outside that culture ...It says to most that "its ok, and even cool"
    Wrong!!! The younger folk may hear it and say but us older folk are still around, and know the history, and what hurt and degradation those terms mean to black people -and we wonder why music that includes these words is popular? Why is it okay for one Black person to say to another the "N" word? And it recieved by most as a term of solidarity or endearment? I dont get it..
    I'm waiting for Rev Sharpton to say I was duped as you were by Tawanda
    I'm still waiting for senator debusse to tell me why a black man was railroaded for a crime...
    I'm waiting for Rev.Jess to say he was duped by the woman accusing the Duke Lacrosse players of rape.

I'm waiting for race not to divide right from wrong.
    I hope that this wakes up musical artists and film directors that if you want certain words or phrases irridicated in the future, they must be portrayed as negative and hurtful or in a historical context. over..

This whole thing just makes me upset...
  • I used to see Imus on tv at Herbie's house and I liked his show. Everybody says mean, stupid things. Well, maybe not everybody but almost everybody. I certainly have.

I relate to Kiwi's frustration. Good for you for saying something.