I plan to reward myself for reaching my goal weight. Do you have a reward in mind?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I thought I would share how I plan to reward myself once I reach my goal weight of 160 (or 165). Here goes... I am going to get a tattoo on my lower back. I have decided on a butterfly. This is because the butterfly parallels my struggles with my weight. I have sorta been in a cocoon for many years and just like the butterfly emerging from the cocoon I feel fabulous and I am ready to soar! I am thinking about putting a little color as my mini goal. If I do, I know it has to be drastic because I've made a drastic life change. Maybe red or an auburn. Not sure which, but I love the colors that Tyra Banks has in her hair. Those are my rewards for reaching my goals. I do, however treat myself to pedicures and massages as I go.

If others would like to share theirs that would great...
  • hi there, congrats on the weight loss, your doiing great! Honestly, i dont know bout the tatoo, your so pretty.........please rethink it! I love trya banks hair too! : ) As for me, Im thinking to get a new pair of pants, one size down, my current ones are getting loose! : ) I bought some pretty sterling silver hoop earring the other day as a reward and I just love them! how about a new pair of nice sexy jeans as a reward? : )
  • THIS

Is what I'm rewarding myself with - but not for a scale number, for my black belt and first marathon
  • Go for the tattoo!! You can be pretty AND have a tattoo. Congrats!!!
  • Well done on on your weight loss so far!

I think a butterfly will look very pretty and will remind you of your journey of getting to your goal weight!
    I am also getting a lower back tattoo.....I will have a star.....it will mark this period in my life of changing my lifestyle and I also turn 40 this year!

I also want some lowlights in my hair....I have black hair but unsure of what colour lowlights I want.....
  • Those are great rewards, and you've certainly earned them. Congratulations on your success! The neat thing about the tattoo is that, being permanent, it will be an ongoing reminder to you of your commitment to take care of yourself, and not let your weight get the best of you again.

I like to buy smaller clothes as a reward.
  • I'm going w/ the butterfly tatoo for myself also. I'm making mine a little more difficult for myself to get though. I'm not going to get it until I reach AND maintain my target weight for a year. I'd feel really silly getting a tatoo to celebrate my new skinny self, only to be a blimp again in a year and have the tatoo all gross looking.
  • I'm thinking about getting a belly button ring. I've kept my stomach hidden for so long - when it's finally flat, I'm going to let it show!

Also, a bikini.
  • YOU think just being thinner would be reward enough , but I too need to dangle something out there to encourage me to press on. I would like to get a swan on my right booty to symbolize my body's rebirth. the only prpblem... I have a needle problem!!! That might be a bigger obsticle to overcome.
    Congats on the weight loss rmewife97!
  • Jen~that's a beautiful ring! But didn't you say you were smiling because you just got a new ring?

I don't want a tattoo--something just too, you know, permanent about it! LOL. But a ring--that's the ticket. Guess I'll have to start looking!
  • I have always thought about getting a bikini. 2 summers ago I lost a good chunk of weight..not enough to by a bikini, but enough for a tankini....now I am too big for both...so I am going all of the way this time...a bikini for me if I reach my goal....probably won't be this summer...who knows though
  • Since I already have a tattoo on my lower back....

I think I'll reward myself with A NEW WARDROBE! - I'll definitely need one, because upon reaching my goal weight (again) I will have to ditch the 12's & 14's for some 8's & 10's! WHOOPPEE!!!!!!
  • My "tigerfly" - the tiger represents stealth & strength, & the butterfly represents gentleness & beauty. I LOVE IT! (yes, it hurt.)

• I'm getting waves put in my hair and some highlights. I have really really flat hair, and I want sexy hair to go along with my new sexy body!
  • congrats on your success!
    that's going to be a great reason to get a tattoo!
    i may copy if i reach the amt that you have lost!!!!