Cyber Purgers VI (Waring: binge confessions)

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • well last night i just knew i was going to binge. i was p***ed off with my other half and my healthy dinner that i had prepared turned out disgusting, so i was still a bit hungry.
    i ate 4 fitnesse bars (lo cal but still 360 for the 4) and 2 smallish (by u.s standards) bagels with marg and low fat hummous. this morning i was determined not to continue... but i did. i ate another 4 fitnesse bars (im not going to buy them again, they are too addictive): 1 bagel with marg, a cheese slice and some low fat coleslaw: about 100 + grams of crisps and about 4 small squares of dark chocolate.
    i dont know why i do this, luckily its only happening every couple of weeks so far. this is the end of that one. i will have a healthy dinner tonight and back to my oats in the morning. mad
  • Well... I just ate a BIG plate of pasta and half a jar of peanut butter.
    I feel like crap - guilty, bloated and sad.
  • midnight binge
    Hi everyone,

Last night was the first night that I haven't binged in I do not know how long.
    I didn't eat anything after 8:00. I can't believe it. And tonight, I have not binged. I must do this. I must break the binge cycle. Right now it is 10:51. I wish I could just go to sleep, but it's hard for me to go to bed early.
  • It's amazing how we can fit all of that food in our stomach. And no matter how full we fill, we can always stuff more into that gut.
  • Uggg...bad night. My binges lately seem to be when i have been drinking...hmm...
    went out with an old ex (friends now, that's all good). had 3 BIG beers, we shared some deep fried goodness, and then i came home and continued. some glasses of wine, yogurt and gooey granolas bars.
    yuck. i feel gross today.
    i hate this yo-yo.
  • after an entire week of not binging, I really blew it yesterday. I could have stopped after eating a brownie for breakfast, but no... I had to continue on with lasagna for lunch, a handful of tootsie rolls, fried chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner, another brownie... and the stupid thing is, I wasn't even hungry and not like I was totally craving this stuff anyway. So why did I eat it? I seem to have this problem where if I lose weight, suddenly I think I can eat poorly and not have any consequences. I was so jazzed about my weight loss this week and now I am up a pound.
  • Just binged and purged. Ugh. Am feeling so bad about myself but felt compelled to do it. I have been feeling soooo anxious recently and I don't know why and I know that when I am feeling anxious and/or stressed my eating gets crazy.
    So I ate peanut butter, cool whip free, hot chocolate, ritz crackers, lindt chocolate and gerber baby food puffs. I ate until I was in pain. And this was all after eating senibly all day and NOT restricting. So pooh to that theory. I think that not restricting leads to binges just as much as restricting does for me.
    Feeling crap, the scale is up and I have to go and face a disappointed therapist tomorrow.
    AND she is going to tell me to throw out my scale. **** no. I can't and won't do it. I NEED that damn thing. I tried eating 2,000 calories a day for about a week now and I swear that I GAINED 2-3lbs doing that. So, there goes the whole "trusting your body, eating when your hungry" theory. That doesn't work for me. I need my head to rule my stomach because it fails when I leave it to do the work for me.
    I am just so P***ED. And now I am on a full on rampaging rant. Sorry for that. I am just "in it" right now.
  • does anyone feel like even one bite of something we arent supposed to have can set off a whole day of binging? I did so well today, i had a bowl of special K for breakfast and then it happened...i had one single bite of a cookie my husband was eatting and that was it for me. i decided that one bite ruined my whole day and i binged, i binged bad! I immediatly got in the car and went to the gas station up the street, bought another box of cookies (my 5th box this week) and ate it all. then i made a frozen pizza and ate it all, then i had a hotdog and about 6 of these huge potato cheesy thingies. I feel like my gut is about to explode, i am in pain! Thats nothing though, this weekend i did good as usual for breakfast, then had a bite of my husbands hamburger from Sonic and i lost it. I suggested we go get pizza...i had 6 slices from CiCi's pizza and 3 cinnamon rolls. immediatly after dinner i went to Sonic and got a large milkshake with a side of mozzarella sticks. I finished it off with another BOX of cookies. im sure at least 3-4000 cals in one meal. that doesnt even include what i had before bed time. im scared to step on the scale, when i see the number go up i want to hide and binge some more. i worked so hard to get to this weight and all that hard work is unraveling!
  • Yikes, I think I've found MY thread!!! Katie I know exactly how you feel, one bite of something bad and my day is basically ruined and I tell myself I've failed anyways, might as well keep going. I have a really hard time not restricting myself so when I binge, I binge very bad!!! It feels good to read some of your binges, I always feel like I'm the only one in the world that does this. I always feel so embarressed buying two boxes of cookies, but little does anyone know that I'll be eating them both for lunch and that will be the only food I get until the next time I can't control myself. My most recent binge (and recent being in just finished the last sip of pepsi ) was 3 slices of rye bread with butter, five pieces of cheddar cheese, half a muffin, one snickers bar, can of pepsi (not diet ) and I think that was all, hmm, it feels like alot more in my stomach lol. Plus me and dh are going to my parents for supper tonight... good grief, what am I going to do

thanks for listening
  • hi everyone. I'm new here, well not really i used to post a long time ago, but I'm back. and still binging. this whole week has been FULL of binges and it's so hard. and then i try to make up for it with days like today (not eating or eating very little). Wednesday after eating OK I went to Long John Silvers and ordred a giant platter of food and ate it all, after that i got mad and ate cookies and peanut butter. Yesterday I planned to "fast" and I made it the whole day w/o eating but at 5 pm when it was time to go home from work, they gave me the left over danishes that my boss bought for us. that set me off. I ate them all (a bear claw, 2 cream cheese danishes, a turnover, and cinnamon roll) in the car on my way home. stopped at the store and bought a bag of those new hickory bbq cheddar doritos, and one big bag of Munchies. ate all the Doritos and half the bag of munchies. then ate spaghettie with garlic bread. ugh. oh yeah some time during this week I also ate an entire medium Little Caesars Pizza. I feel SO fat and bloated right now I barely ate today, just about 600 calories and I plan to barely eat all weekend to make up for this. i hate it!!!
  • sunnystorm~ sorry to hear things aren't going so well. I could have written your post. I too plan ALOT around food and if I binge I plan my fast. I'm still struggling big time to break the habit so I have no advice, just wanted to say I understand
  • two cups of special k
    half a poptart
    2 mini packets of oreos
    5 mini reese cups
    2 mini dark chocolate candies
    two mini bagels

ugh. i swear i am so disgusting... i seriously cannot binge anymore! I CANT!
  • Last night after having a perfectly healthy day, I decided to stay home and binge while everyone else was out.

I had:
    a giant bowl of air popped popcorn with 5 chocolate hearts filled with something which I had been avoiding since valentines day and with a bit of caramel sauce on the popcorn.. that started me off to then graze around the kitchen and have
    a fig
    a big scoop of ferro rocher ice cream
    about 8 pieces of pineapple
    2 more pieces of chocolate
    I had to remove myself from the kitchen/livingroom and busy myself in my room to escape the binge.

Why are disorders so hard to break?
  • Katiematie-that is what I was just thinking. Everyone says to not restrict yourself but everytime I get a taste of something I like I just can't control myself. My mom told me last night that she was making enchiladas (my favorite since I can remember) I told her that is fine, I will just have a huge salad and only two enchiladas. I wound up eating 4 which is nothing compared to my usual 6 or 7, but I still felt horrible for it and wound up purging... I hate that I can't just eat two. I hope this gets better with time, because I don't want to live with this for the rest of my life.

Sunnystorm- your post kinda scared me. I understand that you are mad at yourself for bingeing but I don't think not eating for the next couple of days is a good idea. This will probably just trigger another binge, and it will be one huge cycle. I'm not trying to preach or anything, because lord knows we all have our problems. But, instead of not eating why don't you try detoxing and eating nothing but fruits and veggies for a couple of days that would be better than nothing at all...
  • I wish food didn't exist
    Hi all

I got a problem with binge eating too.I see a Eating Disorder Therapist and he told me to avoid my trigger foods.One of my bad foods are fried foods.He said I have to get rid of them and eat foods that dont start a binge cycle.Well...This really is hard.No more ice cream ever?There is a huge list I cannot have.
    Ice cream,fried foods,pastries,salty foods,cereal,candy...Its like loosing a best friend.I am rebelling .I ate 2 peices of cake,1 litre of ice cream,a box of oreo cookies and a bag of regular chips.I'm going to see him this Friday.My binge chart will be 1/3 full.I guess I'll have to accept that I cant eat those foods anymore.For example,If I were an acoholic,I couldnt have any liquor.The alcohoolic cannot replace beer with wine...those are in the same category.Liquor is liquor.Food is food.I cant replace ice cream with cheezies...those are trigger foods.Addiction is addiction.I have to plan my trigger food funeral.I will see them no more...Hello hard work.Goodbye binges.I dont know if I make sense.Whatever.