Things we won't miss...

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • There are things we won't miss once we've lost the extra weight. Here's a place to list what you won't miss.

I'll start. Pardon my capital letters, but I won't miss DOUBLE-DIGIT UNDERWEAR!!
  • I wont miss the roll that hangs over my pants!!
  • I won't miss being out of breath after the stairs.
  • I could go on and on!
    I won't miss the many clothes concerns that I have with a higher weight.

I won't miss the stress on my joints from all this extra weight.

I won't miss my doctor's telling me to lose weight.

I won't miss feeling that I stand out because of my weight.

I won't miss being unable to participate in physical activities because of my weight.

I won't miss panic when it comes to shoe shopping.

I won't miss feeling self-conscious when I eat healthy in front of other people (because some people begin to draw conclusions or ask questions) or when I eat unhealthy in front of other people like an occassional dessert when I am out.

I won't miss having to squish myself into a bathroom stall with a backpack - there isn't enough room for the both of us.

I won't miss the newly appearing stretch marks that mean I've gained yet more weight.

I won't miss the discomfort of stepping on the scale and hoping it hasn't gone up or seeing it at its high.

I won't miss weighing in the 200s.

I won't miss worrying about whether or not a given seat will give out under me.

I won't miss feeling self-conscious ("fat girl running") when I run for the bus.

I won't miss holding myself back from discussing weight with other people whom I don't know very well.

I DON'T miss the foot pain I had at my highest weight!

I DON'T miss not feeling physically strong.

I DON'T miss not having my weight loss and exercise to be proud of.

I DON'T miss the 44 lbs I lost.

I WON'T miss the 78 lbs (or so) when I take them off.
  • Being that I am almost to goal, I have more of what I dont miss but I guess the thing that I dont miss the most is..

" you have such a pretty face" RAAAWWWWRRRR!!!!!!!! I hated that
  • Speaking from the after standpoint...

I don't miss being so out of breath I can't do simple tasks.

I don't miss being sick all the time.

I don't miss being too tired after work to do anything but sit and sleep.

I don't miss getting frustrated trying to find clothes that fit right and look good.

I don't miss hating shopping because of having to stand on my feet so long at the checkout and trying to weave my fat butt through narrow aisles full of shoppers.

I don't miss being uncomfortable in small carseats, plane seats, chairs, etc.

I don't miss my back aches and knee aches.

I don't miss looking in the mirror and thinking "ugghhhh."

I don't miss missing out on life because I was always just too tired to get out and do anything.

I frankly just don't miss anything from then.
  • Mine is also from the after standpoint.
    1. I don't miss my doctor griping at me to lose weight.
    2. I don't miss being the biggest one in my family.
    3. I don't miss never having anything that was comfortable or looked halfway decent to wear.
    4. I don't miss the shortness of breath.
    5. I don't miss avoiding going places because I felt so out of place because of my weight.
    6. I don't miss the reflux and GI distress that was constant from over-eating.
    7. I don't miss having others stare at my plate when I went out to eat.
    8. I don't miss all the extra med's I was on for high blood sugar/ high blood pressue.
    9. I dont' miss not being able to tie my own shoes or paint my toenails because my belly was in the way.
    10. I don't miss the car seat belt barely fitting around me.
    11. I don't miss just letting life pass me by.
    12. I truly just don't miss anything about my former obese self.
  • I wont miss wearing size 16 pants!
  • I also wont miss feeling like I'm going to crush my boyfriend if I sit on him!
  • Quote: There are things we won't miss once we've lost the extra weight. Here's a place to list what you won't miss.

I'll start. Pardon my capital letters, but I won't miss DOUBLE-DIGIT UNDERWEAR!!
    i wont miss my stomach hurting after being smooshed into tight pants all day.
  • i won't miss feeling like i take up too much space and have to apologize for being in the way.
  • I won't miss my thighs rubbing together, making skirts impossible in the summer.
  • I do not miss my thighs rubbing together! I am able to wear skirts and dresses now in the warm weather without leggings underneath!

I wont miss the failure and embarrasment I feel when I shop for pants!
  • the big clothes and evil stares!!!
  • Quote: Being that I am almost to goal, I have more of what I dont miss but I guess the thing that I dont miss the most is..

" you have such a pretty face" RAAAWWWWRRRR!!!!!!!! I hated that
    omg! i so agree with you! i hated when people would say awww but you have such a pretty face, if only. :P i just felt like saying you can shove that comment right up where the sun dont shine.