runners

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Where did my runners go????
    Ok - today I plan to run at least 4 miles
    last week I ran 3.5 for five days - 4 days straight - I think...oh the first day was 2.6 - butttttt i have to get in gear cause I somehow took thurs, fri sat and sun (with overeating on sun) off.
    So lets kick our asses this winter!
    B
  • On hiatus lol...not really life just got the better of me and my time. Would love to start again maybe I will in honor of your thread....think we can get some others to join our cult lol. I know jen (junebug) has been running...
  • It's warm outside for once. It's also 5:21 and not dark. Am I running? No. Why? Because I got out of the habit ! I've been trying to do it on the treadmill, but I can barely pull 2 miles. The forecast looks good though and with all day tomorrow to myself I am definitely going to get on that! Keep up the inspiration, ladies!

I will say I have been walking a LOT, but I need to run! May 6th is just around the corner...
  • i feel good -
    I went running more than I thought I would - 4.85 - I did a cal estimator on how much I burned - 707!!! running is great! maybe i should go for another 5 to burn off a third of what I ate yesterday
    hehe
    go run!
    B
  • HAHA!
    My running shoes are put up for a while here. I just had major surgery two weeks ago. I'm not even cleared to drive yet.
    Plus, it is near ZERO wind chill here in NJ!! I haven't even gone out for the mail!!
    I am going home to SC next week, hopefully I can start walking at least.
    Missing running!

Robyn
  • Nothing makes me feel more out of shape than running! I've been exercising regularly for about 2 months and just started running 2 weeks ago..
    It's tough, but it's just so good for you!
  • I walk/jog/run 2-4 miles a day. I'm in! My knee is starting to hurt again though after last night. Anyone know anything i can do? or should do?
  • Quote: I walk/jog/run 2-4 miles a day. I'm in! My knee is starting to hurt again though after last night. Anyone know anything i can do? or should do?
    reccumbent(sp?) bike and don't overtrain is the only sound advice I've heard regarding knees.
  • ICE ICE ICE
    after you run/walk - ICE - it is the best treatment - have you seen a doctor for your knee? also - put some isometrics into your training - e.g. balancing work - knee bends on one leg - hamstring pushups - stuff to strengthen your muscles around your knees.
    also ICE ICE ICE. (and stretch)
  • Ok run will get done tonight. I need a push. I am feeling so stationary and blah. I think my body is on strike till it gets some decent exercise!
  • Steph- I just ran downtown and around the Pavillions. Today would be a great day to run outside. I have been a shlub as far as running goes and it felt amazing!
  • I wish I could go run downtown. Parking is always a mess so it is hard if you don't live there. Suck because I commute home on the light rail every night. Maybe in the summer I can work something out...
  • I thought it would be a pain in the butt with all the professionals, but the sidewalks are so wide that there's room and you can cut through buildings. I was very pleasantly surprised! Also, I live, literally, right in front of a lightrail stop. It's ridiculous how much I do not miss my car!
  • I'm a regular runner but never really posted on any running threads (except once when I was told to go post on the exercise forum instead :P) but I figured I'll try again!

I went for a short run this morning covering about 6-7kms in 40mins (roughly I think 3.75-4.3 miles)

My boyfriend is easing back into running after a 2 month lay-off so i'm helping him along by taking him for long-ish but gentle runs in the afternoons. So at the moment I'm running most mornings and then again every second or third afternoon.

Liv
  • Thank you so much for the advide guys.