shiritaki noodles

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Ok.. I was going to try them until I saw the words "fishy smell" .. what's up with these noodles????
  • The noodles are packed in some sort of juice, that's why you need to rinse them really well. I've tried them once, but I nuked them. I think I'll try again with JM's prep method.
  • With the right sauce I don't even notice the difference between the shiratki and regular pasta.

Geez, I really am a reformed carb addict!
  • Well, I tried the noodles last night with the leftover cheese/apple-stuffed chicken breast dish I made the night before. They were really good. My son and daughter were very interested in trying them, as well, so we're going to use them again tonight in a shrimp/broccoli stir fry.

Thank you for all the tips on how to use them!
  • I looked at Kroger and couldnt find the noodles, I was so bummed, I was looking forward to some chicken alfredo
  • I get mine at Trader Joe's. Or check a health food store or Asian grocery . . .
  • I do either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods for mine. They are available on amazon.com also.
  • I found them at Publix.
  • I'm in East Tn and we dont have any of those stores :-(
  • Kim - Do you have a Wegmans in TN? I just saw them there, they were in their own case right by all the ethnic food (separate from the organic section at my Wegmans)
  • Nope Sherry, no Wegmans either, I'll keep looking though, I want some noodles dangit LOL
  • Kim - you're best bet would probably be to buy them online for now, until you can get one of your local stores to get ahold of them.
    I buy food online. I'm originally from Buffalo, and I buy my hotsauce, and hotdogs from there and they ship it UPS.
  • http://www.house-foods.com/tofushirataki_faq.html
  • Thanks Sherry, I'll give it a try! Hope these stupid noodles are worth all this trouble LOL
  • I haven't tried them. I was afraid to buy them yesterday after the fish comment.