American Idol

You're on Page 28 of 35
Go to
  • My prediction is that Jordin will leave next week. Lakisha the following week and Melinda and Blake in the finale. I expect that Melinda will win, but it could really go either way. JMHO.
  • Quote: Phil and Chris could both leave the competition tonight and I wouldn’t be cryin’.
    Well, guess I got my wish.

Quote: Chris was kind of a cute little guy, and he's from Virginia, but I'm not big on people who sing through their noses.
    Word.

Quote: Either way, I hope LaKisha goes next week...not because I don't like her, but because I REALLY don't want Melinda, Jordin or Blake to go...she would be the bottom of the four for me. Next, I think I'd like to see Melinda go...she's got the far better pipes, by FAR, but I think she's a record deal in the making already and Jordin and Blake are more what this show is about...finding hidden talent and making them a star.
    Agreed. LaKisha can sing, no doubt, but I find the other contestants much more interesting at this point.

Can't wait to boogie next week! I've got a soft spot in my heart for disco...
  • Quote:
    Clyde: I have my barf bag ready for next week. I don't know, maybe it'll be good...and another opportunity for Blake to be cool as school, but Barry Gibb? Wait...didn't he pass away a few years ago? Is it another Gibb?

Anyhoo...
    It was Maurice that died. Barry will be the mentor.
  • [/COLOR]
    Quote: Saw that next week is boogie night with one of the Bee Gees. Gary get your white suit out.
    [COLOR="Red"]OH PA~LEEZ CLYDEGIRL...I was early 70's!! Long hair, levis, blue denim shirts and ...NO leisure suits here You can take your thoughts and DISC~GO pick on someone else I was more [COLOR="red"] NEIL DIAMOND The best singer EVVV~ERRR! OH my...for just one more HOT AUGUST NIGHT at 18

Quote: [COLOR=Indigo]That was actually the first time he'd done his beatboxing in quite some time. I actually think a lot of his fans were MISSING it, so I'm glad he brought it back this week--shows he can do more than JUST sing (and not just that he can beatbox also, but that he can work with music of different styles and make his own arrangements so the songs suit his style).

JILLY ~ You have just got to STOP! taking me so seriously dear
    ]
    Quote: .....
    Gary: You make silly noises all the time, here on the boards!! SO? You have to admit, though, that performance by Blake was COOL!! WAY COOL! and a little secret...I had no intention of watching but I saw your post on Blake so Angie and I checked it out

. I have Carrie, Pickler (my son has decided he likes her CD because she's pretty) I do remember telling you before how smart and what good taste your son has! and Kelly's CD's, but nobody else's. I know I'd love anything Blake put out.

Clyde: I have my barf bag ready for next week. I don't know, maybe it'll be good...and another opportunity for Blake to be cool as school, but Barry Gibb? Wait...didn't he pass away a few years ago? Was THAT the day THE MUSIC DIED? Is it another Gibb?

Lisa: I agree about Jordin, but I think the fact that she's 17 and becoming an overnight star may be giving her a dash of my-poop-doesn't-stink 'tude. Just a dash. I think she's really shining and doing a great job. Imagine the pressure it would be to be so young and have this whirlwind change in your life going on!! I think she deserves to have her head in the clouds just a little bit. She's very talented and has the 'it' factor for sure.

Noelle: One of the most annoying things being in my 20's in the 80's was guys that had better hair than me. and smaller butts I really hated Bon Jovi for that.

Anyhoo...
    Aren't you all glad I left this thread for awhile!...I'm baaack!
  • Final 4 tonight.

I love Neil Diamond. Maybe they should have him on as a mentor.
  • So what did you all think?

It will be Melinda and Jordin in the final 2. I liked Jordin tonight. Blake wasn't as good as he normally is.
  • Quote: Final 4 tonight.

I love Neil Diamond. Maybe they should have him on as a mentor.
    Why don't we just have him instead of AMERICAN IDOL...I don't know anybody in their right mind that isn't a NEIL DIAMOND fan

Thanks CLYDEGIRL for the update...it is just coming on here not sure if I will watch since I am getting up at 4am.
  • [QUOTE=EZMONEY;1687448
    Thanks CLYDEGIRL for the update...it is just coming on here not sure if I will watch since I am getting up at 4am.[/QUOTE]

Gary maybe you should watch . They showed a quick shot of Haley in the audience
  • Thanks for the LOOKIN' OUT CLYDEGIRL! I am only 4 feet from a TV...turned it on to see LAKISHA...missed Blake. The TV is going on upstairs where Angie, nephew and I watched my DODGERS lose to the Marlins earlier
  • I really thought Jordin did the best tonite. I expect Lakisha or Blake to go home tomorrow night. Most likely it will be Lakisha.
  • just saw Jordin...Awesome!
  • I still like Blake and won't give up on him.
  • 5 minute countdown to AI where I am. Still waiting on Pat and Vanna to get off the screen

Neil Diamond? I think my grandma used to like his music Him and Bobby Vinton.
  • Well, I like Neil Diamond.

Blake was just so-so last night...but most of the contestants were, in my opinion. Except Jordin. I'm a little worried about Blake tonight. But I think it'll be Queen LaKisha going home. I won't be interested in watching if Blake is gone. I voted for him as many times as it would let me. I'm hoping all Blake fans will. At the very least, I want to see him in the final three. I'm interested to see what song the judge picks for him and to have Misti in Seattle pee her pants when they come to her town after all these long years of Seattle bashing by Simon.
  • DialIdol predicts that Lakesha and...MELINDA are the bottom 2 Blake and Jordin are deemed safe, and Lakesha is predicted to go home, but due to the margin of error, it could be Melinda going home (but I bet it will be Lakesha).