Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default the Bean for abs

As seen at www.bean.com

Do you have one? Please share your experiences in this thread
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #2  
it's always something

I don't have one of these, but I read some reviews on the QVC forum and none sounded too happy. It really looks like it would be more comfortable than using a regular stability ball, even though a ball isn't really uncomfortable. However, the reviews I read mainly said it hurt their backs or wobbled too much. The bean costs around $50. A regular stability ball costs around $10 at WalMart.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I'm wondering about this myself, especially since they have a big name, with Lisa Kay from The FIRM, endorsing it. To me, it "looks" as though it is not as much of a workout as doing crunches on the floor; the range of motion is less and it seems there could be a fair amount of momentum from the rocking which means your abs don't have to create all the movement. I was surprised to see LK selling it; not sure if it is her invention or if she left The FIRM for some reason to do this. It is not distributed by Good Times entertainment (the Firm's rep), so she may in fact have gone out on her own.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #4  

If you live near a Kohl's, you can pick one up there (and easily take it back if you hate it.)

I think I saw it at my local Walmart, too.

I'm a gadget queen, but I don't want a Bean.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #5  

I've been using the bean and it has been working great for me. I saw a change in 2 weeks....in my thighs and inmy abs. They have 6 workouts you can do with the bean, pilates, buns & thighs, abs, full body, thighs and butt, 30 min workout. I LOVE IT!!
glamchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 AM   #6  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Its useless without the restitance machine, but I enjoy it. It REALLY helps my bad back. I mainly use it to sit on, but it does work.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #7  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

i regret getting it. It's more wobbly than i imagined. I used it a few times and I felt the "burn" but i don't think it's superior to anything else. This is why you don't buy things you see on infomercials when you have insomnia!
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I popped in to this forum to ask about the bean and saw this thread already here. So is the general consensus that it's not all it's cracked up to be? I was thinking about trying it out to add to my elliptical, but now I'm not so sure. DH has a stability ball, but I just can't get the hang of it, and thought this might be a better option. Your input is appreciated!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #9  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I thought it would be better than the stability ball also but it turned out to be pretty wobbly. My friend was in town visiting and we were cracking up at our awkard attempts to do some of the exercises because we would tip over.
It's also bigger than i expected and it's an odd shape so I can't tuck it away anywhere when I need to. I honestly don't think it's worth the cost. If you could get it for 10 or 15 bucks then I'd say try it but for what it costs it's really not worth it in my opinion. I'll be moving soon and I'll probably just give it away to my sister. The other thing I thought was misrepresented is the neck support aspect. For a lot of the exercises, in order to get the full cruch benefit you still have to lift your neck off of the thing so i'm not sure what additional neck support you get other than when you rest you can just lie on it. I think people would be better off taking the money and buying a workout dvd that appeals to them. HTH
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

My MIL has one and she is disabled and says she has no problems exercising on it and loves it. Well at least that is what she said when she first got it, haven't heard anything about it lately. So not sure how she is liking it lately........
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote