Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 06:54 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey

Well, it's New Year, so time to re-start our thread with a NEW committment! Let's go!!!!!!!

Well, we have a group of great people who are posting what is going on in their lives and we are working together. Sometimes I feel like our group is kind of like a mini dose of a WW meeting on a daily basis. We're making it work and helping each other.
C'mon and join us and we'll help each other. We talk about what works and what doesn't work. We share recipes and we applaud and we sympathize!

We're here to help and enjoy with you!
Linda
Old 12-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Good morning on the eve of another new year. I'm ready to get back to the basics and kick myself in the rear and roll forward. Have to work today though and expect to be running most of today but I do have tomorrow to get myself on the right track by cooking some meals for the week. I'm taking my cookbooks and stuff to work this afternoon to help get myself started - I'll have lots of down time there so it will give me just the right incentive.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #3  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy New Year New Me

I am looking forward to the new year. It is going to be the year of the new me. In 2006 (September) I started on the journey to a healthier me. I lost 43 pounds, started eating better and on occassion got my butt on the treadmill. This year I vow (resolutions get broken) to continue this journey, get more walking in and get closer to goal.

I think that is the goal of most of us.....but I need to say it out loud.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #4  

Talking Picking myself up, dusting myself off

I fell off my eating plan for awhile but I am looking forward to the new me in the New Year. I believe WW is the place to go to help me finally achieve my goal. I am glad to know you folks are here to help and encourage. Thanks,

I am psyched (or psycho) whichever fits.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #5  
A matter of time

Beca, psycho doesn't fit. Good for you for getting back on the wagon.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #6  

Hmmmm...... I think I'm a bit psycho though!
I'm really looking forward to starting off the new year with what I refer to as a clean kitchen. I want all the holiday and junk food OUT of this house!
My teenage daughter is having a New Year's party here tonight and I'm pawning off all the holiday leftovers on these kids, plus some extra stuff I bought them. Whatever remains here after tomorrow of the "bad" food is in the trash!
I really want that clean kitchen feel... when I say "clean" kitchen, to me it is all the good and healthy foods that spell success when it comes to Weight Watchers. No more holiday junk here for sure! I'm DONE!
It feels really good to say that.
Happy New Year!
Linda
Old 12-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #7  
barb

Height: 5'7

That was weird... I had to log onto this site.. Huh.. Oh well I am so glad the holidays are GONE. I had a great time but need to focus again. I am sure I gained a LOT. I got the cook books out, bought some fish and am going to plan ahead. My dh says he has my back... Was not sure how to take it. I asked him if it was because he saw me in a suit this week. Yuck. He said in a very nice way that he needs to watch it for health reasons...Which he does have heart issues in his family ...but for the most part he has a great body due to his work. He used the word heavy for me which I guess is better than FAT. The funny thing is I was not mad or upset cuz it is true. I have to do something and I am glad he will help me. Which means he will eat what I cook with NO comlpaints.....Yipee.

My health center just reopened yes. I will go and rejoin when the kids are back to school. I did so well last year and lost a few pds and toned and than they closed to remodel.. argh.. So that is a positive thing.

So it is a new year and I am SOOOO glad. I am glad you all are here cuz I will need you for support and cheers. I hope I can be here for all of you.. So here is to a new year. Looking forward to all the changes....
Old 12-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Sounds as though we are all off to a good start here...just think for those who are making weight loss a New Years Resolution- we are already committed and have the BEST weight loss plan working for us already!
Weight loss is not something we will dream about, or make a resolution to do, because we have all the tools we need already.....and that puts us miles ahead of all the wannabees.

Happy new Year DJM, Linda, Chris, Paige, Rose......hope I did not miss anyone... and Robyn, a friend of mine from another thread I used to post on who I am trying to convince to migrate here!
Take care!!!!!!!!! (sorry for being MIA)
Ginny
Old 12-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #9  
A matter of time

Thanks for the wonderful words. I am having a really depressed day and they help a little.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #10  

Just checking in... seems like we are all "in the same boat" and quite motivated! Good for us! I'm glad your husband, DJM, is going to be more supportive of you. It's hard to accept it when someone other than yourself calls you "heavy", I know.
By the way, one of the times (many times, sadly) that I went back to WW hanging my head in shame was after I was leaning into the car with the door open to put one of my kids in a car seat (they are older now, so it was awhile ago, but I remember the hurt like yesterday) and a group of teenagers drove by in a car and I heard one of them call out about me, "look at that fat butt!!!!". They all hooted with laughter and drove on. I was mortified and I still remember how hurt and embarrassed I was.
At any rate, when someone else says you are "heavy" or "fat" or whatever, it hurts more deeply than if you say it to yourself.
We all share the pain and hurt, we all understand.
With that, let's plan on a GREAT New Year! We'll all get there in 2007!!!!
Stay safe tonight!
Linda
Old 01-01-2007, 05:48 AM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Chris, we all have those days.........and this time of year is tough. Many struggle with emotional issues or those who have issues (which makes it tough on us!).

I agree with Linda....lets plan on a great 2007! Sort of like getting a new tracker.....we can throw out a bad week (or year) and start fresh.

Happy New Year!
Ginny
Old 01-01-2007, 07:29 AM   #12  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Linda, thanks for starting this new thread. Hello everyone and Happy New Year. It is hard to believe it is the new year. I have also decided I need a clean kitchen. I can not believe how tempting that food/snacks sitting on the counter are. Before the holidays we only had healthy snacks but with well wishers along came unhealthy snacks. We have one last day of holiday entertaining and then I too will trash all the unhealthy snacks. I want to say thanks to everyone for all the support and advice you have given me over the last few months. I finally feel like I belong somewhere. I was debating on whether I should join a meeting or not, as I have been doing weight watchers on line. I feel like I get support here so am unsure if I need to go to a meeting. If anyone has any suggestion on wheter going to a meeting or not is better, please let me know.
Thanks again for everything.
Ann
Old 01-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #13  
focused and aiming

the accountability of getting on those scales at meetings helps me stay focused.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #14  

Default Will I ever learn?

Seeing as I STILL have a houseful of sleeping teenagers and junk food all over this house, starting the new year with a "clean kitchen" is just not going to happen today. Later today, though, as when they all are awake and I can make noise (I'm really trying to be quiet) and they go home (boy, I can't wait for that part!!) all this stuff is either going home with them, in the freezer or in the trash. I want no part of it.
But, that being said, I was really hungry and can't crash around making noise and cooking healthy and I already broke my promise to myself to be good and had a doughnut. I bought them, along with cinnimon buns for the kids. Was that the right thing to do? No, I think I used them being here as one final excuse to not eat the way I should be eating. Looking back to my quick grocery shopping trip yesterday, I should not have bought these things, I should have had healthier choices for us all. Old habits are really hard to break.
So, later today, or at the very least, first thing tomorrow morning, all this food is out and my kitchen will be clean! I need to do that for myself and my family.
Healthy eating is essential to a weight loss.....
Linda
Old 01-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I started the clean kitchen yesterday Linda. I cleaned out the fridge and tossed the last of the junk. I bought some convenience junk type food for the teen DS but he doesn't eat much of it himself because he's on varsity B'ball and they are encouraged to eat healthy, so that's an eeasy thing for our household.

One positive thing that I seem to have accomplished for 2006 was to have the majority of my family eating better, losing some weight and being careful about what food choices we make. The boxed processed foods that I buy for DS just sit on the shelf and have gone uneaten. He seems to LIKE what I fix for us through WWs. Of course, he gets a much larger helping and drinks milk endlessly but he's 18 and that's okay. DH lost some weight too and is careful about his food intake these days. Yes, there were some high points for 2006.

Here's hoping that 2007 is a great one and that I lose more weight and stay the course. WW is easy for me as I love the recipes and the new cooking style. I will say it was hard for me to maintain during the month of December as I was such a crazed woman. That will not happen again. I am going to find a way to break taht horrible habit. It stresses me, it causes me anguish and it's all so needless.

BTW, the little bit of goodies that I baked for my kids because I thought they wanted them are being tossed today. The Pumpkin cheesecake has 3 pieces left and it goes in the trash today too. Funny what your own mind does to you huh?

I'm planning my week's food and cooking today and vegging and getting a great mind set. How about you?
Closed Thread